Author Topic: On a Different Note - Here is what car I am building  (Read 5571 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: On a Different Note
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 12:13:42 PM »
i dont like paint, i like primer, i like an under costruction look,........if i ever painted it, the color would be gun metal grey

that's my favorite color.   probably because I'm too lazy to wash anything, and it shows the dirt the least

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 12:14:42 PM »
heres what I am building. I am 2 months or so into it. It has a 5/6 drop, full painted frame and suspension. The engine is just a 4.3 v6 but will be chromed to the nuts. I like low and slow, i dont like speed. It will stay in primer for a while, i expect the whole thing will take 2-3 years to finish, at least. Rims are Ridler 695's 18 inch on Goodyear Eagle Gt's 234/45/18. Its fun and keeps me busy. Im assuming the police have attached a gps tracker on it already.

This may be a stupid question but why do you like the ride so low? What's the experience like in a truck riding so low?  I have had very low performance cars and have a high riding truck that I love, I can't imagine combining the two.  

Simple Simon

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 12:15:41 PM »

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 12:32:15 PM »
Good Job!! Looks Nice!! Potato is gonna love riding in it!!

ismoseppo

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2014, 12:35:41 PM »
This may be a stupid question but why do you like the ride so low? What's the experience like in a truck riding so low?  I have had very low performance cars and have a high riding truck that I love, I can't imagine combining the two.  

ive never been a fan of high trucks and have loved low vehicles since i was a kid. Every single vehicle i see on the road i picture it slammed to the ground. I have no desire to drive through dirt and puddles, my goal is low and slow, im the putt putt king of Regina driving around  at half the speed limit

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2014, 12:39:50 PM »
heres what I am building. I am 2 months or so into it. It has a 5/6 drop, full painted frame and suspension. The engine is just a 4.3 v6 but will be chromed to the nuts. I like low and slow, i dont like speed. It will stay in primer for a while, i expect the whole thing will take 2-3 years to finish, at least. Rims are Ridler 695's 18 inch on Goodyear Eagle Gt's 234/45/18. Its fun and keeps me busy. I'm assuming the police have Ron Avidan has attached a gps tracker on it already.

fixed

ismoseppo

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2014, 12:46:57 PM »
fixed

his gps tracker is having musclephone app installed on my phone  :-X

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2014, 01:26:38 PM »
ive never been a fan of high trucks and have loved low vehicles since i was a kid. Every single vehicle i see on the road i picture it slammed to the ground. I have no desire to drive through dirt and puddles, my goal is low and slow, im the putt putt king of Regina driving around  at half the speed limit

plus Potato can jump  in there himself!!!

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2014, 01:29:35 PM »
heres what I am building. I am 2 months or so into it. It has a 5/6 drop, full painted frame and suspension. The engine is just a 4.3 v6 but will be chromed to the nuts. I like low and slow, i dont like speed. It will stay in primer for a while, i expect the whole thing will take 2-3 years to finish, at least. Rims are Ridler 695's 18 inch on Goodyear Eagle Gt's 234/45/18. Its fun and keeps me busy. Im assuming the police have attached a gps tracker on it already.

I'm always impressed with folks that can do this kinda work.....wish I had skills like that.   I need to take some general mechanic courses and get my hands dirty.

Impressive!

ismoseppo

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2014, 02:27:26 PM »
plus Potato can jump  in there himself!!!

ahhahah this is so true she loves her car rides

ohhhhhhh car ride car ride

ismoseppo

« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2014, 02:28:56 PM »
I'm always impressed with folks that can do this kinda work.....wish I had skills like that.   I need to take some general mechanic courses and get my hands dirty.

Impressive!

thanks
when i started i know nothing, absolutely nothing
everything i know now i learned from youtube and s10forum.com

i went from unable to change oil to being able to pull a truck apart to the frame and build it back up

so if i can you definitely can

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2014, 03:07:43 PM »
this is my single favorite truck on the planet, Esteban Vazquez' s10, so clean and subtle. I love it.

Ironmiester or FitnessFrenzy could you shop Josh driving this truck with head out the window and some getbiggers riding in the back?

ismoseppo

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2014, 03:09:32 PM »
Ironmiester or FitnessFrenzy could you shop Josh driving this truck with head out the window and some getbiggers riding in the back?

ahhahahahaha dooooooooooooooooooo it

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2014, 08:56:17 PM »
thanks

i went from unable to change oil to being able to pull a truck apart to the frame and build it back up

That blows my mind actually....can't imagine being able to do that.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2014, 08:58:39 PM »
thanks

you've come along way.   didn't you rip one of my Jeeps apart because you couldn't get the alarm to shut up?   lol.   (this was about 5 years ago!)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2014, 08:58:46 PM »
thanks

I can put air in my tires.  :(

I`m not mechanically inclined at all.

The closest I come to turning a wrench is watching Gas Monkey Garage..........osmosis.

ismoseppo

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2014, 09:01:10 PM »
you've come along way.   didn't you rip one of my Jeeps apart because you couldn't get the alarm to shut up?   lol.   (this was about 5 years ago!)

haha yeah i had the ripping apart part down pat
took me a bit to get the put it back together again part

ismoseppo

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2014, 09:02:29 PM »
I can put air in my tires.  :(

I`m not mechanically inclined at all.

The closest I come to turning a wrench is watching Gas Monkey Garage..........osmosis.

well you are used to the horse and chariot transportation times so its understandable

:D

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2014, 09:02:40 PM »
haha yeah i had the ripping apart part down pat
took me a bit to get the put it back together again part

hahaha,  I left that thing there til it got stolen/towed.

ismoseppo

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2014, 09:03:28 PM »

hahaha,  I left that thing there til it got stolen/towed.

ahahhahah did you really? do you still have that house? is whats his nuts still around who lived there?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2014, 09:06:15 PM »
well you are used to the horse and chariot transportation times so its understandable

:D
That`s twice today you got me.  ;D

ismoseppo

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2014, 09:07:56 PM »
That`s twice today you got me.  ;D

my girlfriend wholeheartedly states that i am the only man on earth who scratches his nuts and takes a whiff. I said insanity, most men do. What do you think about this conundrum?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2014, 09:09:12 PM »
my girlfriend wholeheartedly states that i am the only man on earth who scratches his nuts and takes a whiff. I said insanity, most men do. What do you think about this conundrum?
Don`t tell anyone but I do it too.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2014, 09:11:24 PM »
I know a guy who says he`s never jerked off.....not one single time in his life.

Somehow,I find this hard to believe.
::)

Your opinion(s) ?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2014, 09:11:44 PM »
ahahhahah did you really? do you still have that house? is whats his nuts still around who lived there?

nope, sold every house I had in Calgary.  I don't talk to the fatrat any more.