Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Wrestling Board
Jake Roberts on why there are so few good heels...
(1/6) > >>
Thin Lizzy:
On his latest Podcast, Jim Ross asked Jake this question.

Jake said it's because the guys today all wanna be badasses when they need to be more chicken sh!t. Nobody likes a coward.

Now, that's a first class wrestling mind.
MCWAY:
It's also because every time a good heel develops, WWE either turns them face or buries them.

Sheamus, Miz, Swagger, Del Rio are all great heel material. But, WWE continues to squander their talent. That's why we keep getting stuck with Orton and Helmsley all over again.

They really wasted Swagger in my view. Yes, I know about the DUI/weed thing (see my Swagger blues thread). But, how many times has Orton been popped but ended up World champ?

Heck, a year ago, Orton couldn't beat Swagger to save his life. Now, a Orton-Swagger match would be considered a joke.
Karl Kox:

--- Quote from: Thin Lizzy on April 14, 2014, 09:14:14 PM ---On his latest Podcast, Jim Ross asked Jake this question.

Jake said it's because the guys today all wanna be badasses when they need to be more chicken sh!t. Nobody likes a coward.

Now, that's a first class wrestling mind.

--- End quote ---

Jake Roberts and Pat Paterson are the two best wrestling minds in my opinion. 
Thin Lizzy:

--- Quote from: Karl Kox on April 15, 2014, 04:57:36 AM ---
Jake Roberts and Pat Paterson are the two best wrestling minds in my opinion. 

--- End quote ---

There was a Karl Kox connection in the interview. Jake said his first time in the ring was as a referee, and the heel in the match was Bob Sweetan. I googled him. Apparently, he and your dad were tag team partners.
Karl Kox:

--- Quote from: Thin Lizzy on April 15, 2014, 06:03:07 AM ---There was a Karl Kox connection in the interview. Jake said his first time in the ring was as a referee, and the heel in the match was Bob Sweetan. I googled him. Apparently, he and your dad were tag team partners.

--- End quote ---

Yeah it seems like I knew that.

I think he went to prison for a while for molesting his daughter but she later recanted her statement.  He kinda had the reputation for being a dick.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version