Author Topic: peanut butter when you are dieting?  (Read 18487 times)

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
Re: peanut butter when you are dieting?
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2007, 01:40:58 PM »
hows this for a diet?

Meal 1: 3 whole eggs + 6 egg whites, 1/2 cup oats

Meal 2: 50g whey protein, 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter

Meal 3: 8 oz chicken, small sweet potato, 1/3 cup almonds

Meal 4: 50g whey protein, 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter

Meal 5: 8 oz salmon or lean beef, small sweet potato, and 2 cups green veggies with 1 tbsp xtra virgin olive oil.

Meal 6: 50g whey protein, 2 tbsp all natural peanut butter

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2007, 11:48:51 AM »
the brain does not need carbs. YOU are the idiot. and flex magazine is for fags...

im an MD reader. :)

The next time im interested in getting shredded for a show, i will look you up for some nutritional advise! sorry for giving my very polite explaination on why I think you dont need the added fats. Maybe I should start calling people names and talking tough!
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2007, 05:13:07 PM »
The next time im interested in getting shredded for a show, i will look you up for some nutritional advise! sorry for giving my very polite explaination on why I think you dont need the added fats. Maybe I should start calling people names and talking tough!
maybe you should....seems to me like you need to learn how to time your peak...you must have thought your last contest was three weeks earlier than it actually was? :D
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 09:47:58 AM »
maybe you should....seems to me like you need to learn how to time your peak...you must have thought your last contest was three weeks earlier than it actually was? :D

Go ahead, post up your pics from your last show buddy and lets see if you hit your peak! 
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2008, 12:57:13 PM »
Go ahead, post up your pics from your last show buddy and lets see if you hit your peak! 
:D

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2008, 06:34:32 PM »
Thanks Squadfather!  enough said.
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 08:34:03 PM »
I'll try your fat diet next time..

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2008, 07:43:44 AM »
yes that is what i loooked like BEFORE using my diet..

...this is what i look like now=

BOOOOMMMM

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 08:55:13 AM »
brutal 12 inch arms, acne scarred face and 7 dollar Great Clips haircut.

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 09:28:00 AM »
great clips...hahaa
BOOOOMM

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2008, 09:50:51 AM »
BOOM What?  are you impressive?

bro, i will leave it right here with you, but if anything , you owe me an apology...

Im nice as can fuckin be  about my opinions and you talk shit.

Like I would go to you for advise?  Like anyone would?  Have you ever walked on stage? You have nerve to talk about me miss timing things, what a joke!

We can take this to the main board.  I will post my shots and you can post yours and lets see who people go to for advise. 

You can post some full body shots including, back, legs, hams, calves.

Like i said, its best if we leave it right here. Alex a  P.S BOOM !   This !!!!
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2008, 10:33:30 AM »
no man...im not impressive at all compared to you. i never said that i was.

i would readily admit to anyone that they look better than me; if they truly do.

i know who i am and am not insecure about my body or delusional either. (like fatboy squadfather who thinks hes carrying 20-40 more lbs of muscle than he actually is).   

i wont apologize for contradicting you, dude...my advice is right on..you definitely need fats for the production and maintanence of testosterone.  in fact..i just learned the other day that even guys on steroids need SOME fats in order to have optimal t- levels.

but iw ill aplogize for issing you about your conditioning...hahaha..i t was a pretty far fetched insult since you had fucking amazing conditioning even though you did lose a little bit of definition from those 3 weeks out pics...  my bad bro; you hadnt insulted me personally at all and i crossed the line. i know you work exceptionally hard at dieting and cardio and you must work out pretty hard to get that level of musculature.

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2008, 02:34:05 PM »
no man...im not impressive at all compared to you. i never said that i was.

i would readily admit to anyone that they look better than me; if they truly do.

i know who i am and am not insecure about my body or delusional either. (like fatboy squadfather who thinks hes carrying 20-40 more lbs of muscle than he actually is).   

i wont apologize for contradicting you, dude...my advice is right on..you definitely need fats for the production and maintanence of testosterone.  in fact..i just learned the other day that even guys on steroids need SOME fats in order to have optimal t- levels.

but iw ill aplogize for issing you about your conditioning...hahaha..i t was a pretty far fetched insult since you had fucking amazing conditioning even though you did lose a little bit of definition from those 3 weeks out pics...  my bad bro; you hadnt insulted me personally at all and i crossed the line. i know you work exceptionally hard at dieting and cardio and you must work out pretty hard to get that level of musculature.

High level of maturity displayed right here. What am I to say.  I wish you and the squadfather would mend things. Squad is actually a really good guy but you came off to him as arrogant, he snapped back and here we are.  Squad has always stood up for me, so I have his back. 

Im gonna say this. 

Candizzle, you have squared up with me, all i wanted was an apology for you ragging on me for miss timing my prep.  And you did that!

Shit happens, and i will be first to realize i did not hit it the day of my show.  But I did have a great prep, got in kick ass shape and have nailed it on the mark( these are pics from my class win at the USA the year before).

Squad has been around the block a time or two and surely doesnt want to hear about your knowledge of diet etc. And you dont want to hear from him either, im sure. So lets just squash it at that. We all go our ways! peace to everyone!
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2008, 07:01:56 PM »
alex i was just wondering if you could give me a rundown of your diet or help me with mine. currently im doing the keto and haven't seen that much. its been almost 5 weeks and Ive lost weight but not alot of b/f. I'm open to try anything the only reason i was doing the keto is because of evan centopani gave me a good structured outline but I'm starting to think its more for guys on gear. heres a link to my bodyspace if u want to see what i look like. thanks
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/lilwoday/

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2008, 07:21:20 PM »
Personally I would shit can that diet! just my opinion, others feel different.

See my pics bro, im on four hundred grams of carbs each and every day. I dont rotate them or cut them out. This is on my contest prep. I blieve in high carbs low fat, i dont add fats to my diet at all. you get plenty from the meat in your foods, ie steak and even chick and fish.

My diet really works well for me as i have no problems getting in really ripped shape.  Feel free to ask me any other questions.

I just dont konw how people do those low carb diets! they suck and are miserable, just my opinon though alex a

But they seem to work for many, the key is can you do it forever? i dont think so, but a moderate to high carb diet, you can.
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2008, 07:35:11 PM »
well i used to be a chunky kid. then i got into wrestling in like 7th grade and lost lots of weight. got real competitive and starved and did all the wrong things to make weight. i was real lean then. after a broken arm that ended my college Carrier i got into weights and went from 170-205 currently. i added allot of muscle but def not all. in my wrestling days i ate what ever i wanted sun-wed. then starved thur, fri, to make weight. after that ended i got into good nutrition no fast food, soda, any of that shit, lots of chicken, eggs, oats, sweet potatoes, spinach, tuna, etc. however its how to put them together i dont know how to do. i feel i have a slow metabolism and store fat in the waist while my legs etc remain lean. I'm wondering if you have a natural lean body cuz i dnt thnk we cld relate. thanks

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2008, 11:48:16 AM »
keto diets are misleading..    ketosis should be the by product of a good diet. not the goal of a diet.   and alot of ketosis diets sky rocket your fat intake...this is completely unneccessary. yes you definitely NEED fats. but not 70 % of daily caloric intake like some of these diets say. the fact is that ketosis will develop with out any dietary fat intake at all. its a state that is influenced by the amount of available glucose in the blood stream, not the amoount of fatty acids.     the reason you want to keep dietary fats a little bit elevated is to keep your rate of fat metabolism, and all of the coinciding metabolic enzymes and factors, very high. if you cut out fats...all of your fat utilizing enzymes and molecules will be downgraded...and your rate of fat turnover will be much lower.     so by keeping a mild fat intake..or better yet, cycling your fats while keeping cvarbs to an aboslute minimum, you are keping a high rate of fat metabolism, a low amount of fatty acids present in the bloodstream, and a state of being where you have to operate on fatty acids(no glucose). so you burn a hell of alot of stored body fat!

dietary fat on a zero carb diet should be kept to  a couple hundred calories about twice, or maybe three tiems a day.  and keep protein sky-rocketed.

hiramabiff

• Getbig I
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2008, 03:29:17 PM »
Personally I would shit can that diet! just my opinion, others feel different.

See my pics bro, im on four hundred grams of carbs each and every day. I dont rotate them or cut them out. This is on my contest prep. I blieve in high carbs low fat, i dont add fats to my diet at all. you get plenty from the meat in your foods, ie steak and even chick and fish.

My diet really works well for me as i have no problems getting in really ripped shape.  Feel free to ask me any other questions.
I just dont konw how people do those low carb diets! they suck and are miserable, just my opinon though alex a

But they seem to work for many, the key is can you do it forever? i dont think so, but a moderate to high carb diet, you can.

How much cardio do you do when prepping for a show? Lets say 12 weeks out. What kind of training split? How many meals a day? Thanks Double A.

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2008, 08:02:44 AM »
How much cardio do you do when prepping for a show? Lets say 12 weeks out. What kind of training split? How many meals a day? Thanks Double A.

Lets see, at 12 weeks out, im doing 30 minutes. I increas it by five minutes the next month when im 8 weeks out, and at four I increase it another 5 minutes. So Im doing 40 minutes, but this year, right at the end i added another 5 minutes.

At  about 3 weeks out, i was in great shape and should have held the cardio right there, but I added another five minutes because I was still 7 lbs above the weight limit.
That was a mistake, because I was conditioned enough right there and should not have dropped down. So, 40 minutes is what I should have been doing right up to the show, but i was doing 45. 

I  train with weights 5 days a week off and during prep all the way to the show.  I do cardio usually after the weights.

Im eating six meals per day. I could have and probably should have thrown in another protein meal right before bed, the last 2 weeks because my metabolism was going crazy. I felt really good, strong etc, but really hungry too. I should have fed myself more, but  the weight class issue.  Bodybuilding competition is a live and learn experience, very few nail it every single time.
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2008, 08:57:59 AM »
Lets see, at 12 weeks out, im doing 30 minutes. I increas it by five minutes the next month when im 8 weeks out, and at four I increase it another 5 minutes. So Im doing 40 minutes, but this year, right at the end i added another 5 minutes.

At  about 3 weeks out, i was in great shape and should have held the cardio right there, but I added another five minutes because I was still 7 lbs above the weight limit.
That was a mistake, because I was conditioned enough right there and should not have dropped down. So, 40 minutes is what I should have been doing right up to the show, but i was doing 45. 

I  train with weights 5 days a week off and during prep all the way to the show.  I do cardio usually after the weights.

Im eating six meals per day. I could have and probably should have thrown in another protein meal right before bed, the last 2 weeks because my metabolism was going crazy. I felt really good, strong etc, but really hungry too. I should have fed myself more, but  the weight class issue.  Bodybuilding competition is a live and learn experience, very few nail it every single time.

Sounds like it is time to go up a class! I saw you at the LA when you won the lightweight and you could easily be a middle bro or are you shooting for welter? Either way, you might be outgrowing your weight class. Yeah, it is always nice to be at the top of the class but go in where you fall, you have enough conditioning and size to hold your own bro even if you are out weighed by a few pounds.

Alex A

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Alex Azarian
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2008, 07:10:41 AM »
Sounds like it is time to go up a class! I saw you at the LA when you won the lightweight and you could easily be a middle bro or are you shooting for welter? Either way, you might be outgrowing your weight class. Yeah, it is always nice to be at the top of the class but go in where you fall, you have enough conditioning and size to hold your own bro even if you are out weighed by a few pounds.

Thanks bro, im going to be a welter for sure at the nationals.  Thanks for your opinion, you are right. I have been holding back a while now. In 2006 i won the welter weight class at the LA one week before the USA and I weighed 158lbs. I had a good season and had to put on a few pounds. Came way down at the nationals.  My best weight is around 163lbs puts me in the welter class and soon to be middles. Im very short so i dont have to be top of the class. I just want to be top conditioned.  Keep in touch. alex a
www.prepbyalex.com
national contender