Author Topic: One of Ronnie Coleman's biggest fans on Getbig says Dorian Yates is better  (Read 1624 times)

RocketSwitch625

• Getbig IV
  • Women fall all over me and Pumpster is FUGLY.
Getbig's very own NeoSeminole talking about Dorian Yates on a different forum:

incredible physique. It blows my mind how people can say he had bad genetics. The guy had as close to the perfect structure and muscle attachments that I've seen.

Ronnie in 98, he won by a few points. In 01, he was behind after prejudging. In 02, he narrowly won the Mr. Olympia and lost to Gunter at the GNC. In 06, he lost to Jay. When Dorian was Mr. Olympia, he always destroyed everyone on points. He was never behind after prejudging and he never lost a show

Dorian Yates 1993 article + before/after/progress pics:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145907893

Pumpster can stick this in his pipe and smoke it. ;D

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
Who has more Mr. Olympia titles? That's who is better

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
In 98, Ronnie won by 3 points because he was ignored in the first round. He won rounds 2-4 with straight points.

bigmc

• Getbig V
i asked dorian this very question

he said ronnie had taken bodybuilding onto a different level

and was untouchable

dorian is a humble guy

but he was being honest
T

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Who has more Mr. Olympia titles? That's who is better

Phil Heath, given the current state of bbing. 

the trainer

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Dorian did more with what he had, but Ronnie had more.  Both terrific bodybuilders

Alucard

• Getbig IV
Two different bodybuilders, both very close at their best (Yates before '94, Coleman before '00), both got gifts, end of story...

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
Both the most awesome and dominant of their era. Absolute legends.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
Getbig's very own NeoSeminole talking about Dorian Yates on a different forum:

incredible physique. It blows my mind how people can say he had bad genetics. The guy had as close to the perfect structure and muscle attachments that I've seen.

Ronnie in 98, he won by a few points. In 01, he was behind after prejudging. In 02, he narrowly won the Mr. Olympia and lost to Gunter at the GNC. In 06, he lost to Jay. When Dorian was Mr. Olympia, he always destroyed everyone on points. He was never behind after prejudging and he never lost a show

Dorian Yates 1993 article + before/after/progress pics:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145907893

Pumpster can stick this in his pipe and smoke it. ;D

No need for a new thread. It could of been posted in The Truce thread. Also, I don't see where Neo says Dorian is better than Ronnie.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Dorian did more with what he had, but Ronnie had more.  Both terrific bodybuilders

It is too bad their careers didn't overlap more.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
But the question that has never been answered, nor has a thread ever been created on it during all these years of GB is: Who is better, Ronnie or Dorian?

Perhaps someone will create a thread on this and it will eventually have thousands and thousands of replies.
X

Alucard

• Getbig IV
But the question that has never been answered, nor has a thread ever been created on it during all these years of GB is: Who is better, Ronnie or Dorian?

Perhaps someone will create a thread on this and it will eventually have thousands and thousands of replies.
Exactly, so, who is better, Yates or Coleman? Who would beat the other at their respective best? Who was the most dominant? Who had better competition? This needs to be debated, now...

MB

• Getbig IV
Exactly, so, who is better, Yates or Coleman? Who would beat the other at their respective best? Who was the most dominant? Who had better competition? This needs to be debated, now...

Most dominant was Yates, easily.  Ronnie lost as a reigning Mr. O with worse competition. 

Alucard

• Getbig IV
Most dominant was Yates, easily.  Ronnie lost as a reigning Mr. O with worse competition. 
I know i know, was just joking, this matter has been debated to death... We need another Hulkster vs Narcissistic Deity thread! ;D

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
A reasonable individual, not ND or Hulkster, could debate this either way. I believe a 1993 DY compares very favorably with any version of RC. Now in 2003, RC took bodybuilding to another level size wise with aesthetics and conditioning. I like the 1998-1999 RC but nobody has ever come into a contest at 286 plus pounds in that condition. He dwarfed everyone...perfect timing. The only person who may have stood next to him size wise and nearly in similar conditioning was the B&W DY pics taken before the 1993 show. Now realize B&W accentuates a figure better but it was obvious that by Mr. O day that DY was depleted somewhat from those pics and probably 255 lbs vs 270 in the pics. Regardless, they are the two giants of the last twenty years with Jay in the next tier.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
A reasonable individual, not ND or Hulkster, could debate this either way. I believe a 1993 DY compares very favorably with any version of RC. Now in 2003, RC took bodybuilding to another level size wise with aesthetics and conditioning. I like the 1998-1999 RC but nobody has ever come into a contest at 286 plus pounds in that condition. He dwarfed everyone...perfect timing. The only person who may have stood next to him size wise and nearly in similar conditioning was the B&W DY pics taken before the 1993 show. Now realize B&W accentuates a figure better but it was obvious that by Mr. O day that DY was depleted somewhat from those pics and probably 255 lbs vs 270 in the pics. Regardless, they are the two giants of the last twenty years with Jay in the next tier.
good points,and its been said yates never brought his fullest stage look he had 1/2 wks out or after ,his grand prix look.his biggest size possibly 97 mr o was his worst showing despite winning.92/95  mro's/96 grandprix was awesome..

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
dorian had better calves

their backs are both insane

but ronnie destroys dorian on arms and chest let's be real here

Ronnie had better biceps, but Yates could be argued to have had better forearms and triceps.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Never liked Yates physique

Ronnie much better imo