Author Topic: How expired is "too expired" for gear?  (Read 2890 times)

Audioslave

• Getbig III
How expired is "too expired" for gear?
« on: April 23, 2014, 10:24:14 PM »
I know most supplements are still perfectly good at the expiration date, but... how old is too old?

For example, let's say you had some UGL Test that expired in, oh I don't know... for this theoretical example's sake, let's say.... 6-2009. Five years past expiration. Still good? Not good? Just not as potent? Not sterile anymore?

If not good any longer, what would those in the know say is the "most expired" you'd still be safe taking?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
Re: How expired is "too expired" for gear?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 02:36:24 AM »
gear probably uses a little amount of potency over the course of a few years, but nothing i'd worry about.

some oils can go rancid after a while though depending on temperature/place the vials were stored. i think nut-oils are more prone to this. i guess you would see/smell that though.

whitewidow

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 06:25:48 AM »
It is kind of hard to tell when it comes to oils. I would say with oral tablets I have heard they drop 10% in quality every year after the expiration date. I can't say that is the same with oils. I don't think you want to be injecting anything that expired in 2009. I would give oils a extra 2 years but after that I would just toss them.

True story I found out a friend of mine had close to 35 vials all 10ml of all Human grade gear! He had some watson vials,Uphohn vials, delatestryl and a few other brands I forget the names of but they were all at least 5 years expire so I just ended up trashing them. I didn;t want to risk getting a infection. If they were oral steroids I would of used them even though they were expire mainly because they are bliter sealed. most of the oral steroids are blister sealed not all of them. I was just lucky nobody mentioned my name after one of the guys got in trouble.

R.A.M.

• Getbig IV
  • BOOM!! Take a Look at this hunk of Man.
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 10:25:54 AM »
It is kind of hard to tell when it comes to oils. I would say with oral tablets I have heard they drop 10% in quality every year after the expiration date. I can't say that is the same with oils. I don't think you want to be injecting anything that expired in 2009. I would give oils a extra 2 years but after that I would just toss them.

True story I found out a friend of mine had close to 35 vials all 10ml of all Human grade gear! He had some watson vials,Uphohn vials, delatestryl and a few other brands I forget the names of but they were all at least 5 years expire so I just ended up trashing them. I didn;t want to risk getting a infection. If they were oral steroids I would of used them even though they were expire mainly because they are bliter sealed. most of the oral steroids are blister sealed not all of them. I was just lucky nobody mentioned my name after one of the guys got in trouble.

That would have been hard for me to throw those vials away.. would have had to try at least one. ;D

whitewidow

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 12:12:39 PM »
That would have been hard for me to throw those vials away.. would have had to try at least one. ;D

It was! I really thought about it . I have seen that much UGL gear and have had way more UGL gear and overseas human grade gear but I have never had that much USA pharmacy gear in front of me. The guy gave it to me for free because they were so old. I just thought fuck it! they were 4-5 years expired. I tossed a good 3,000$ worth of AAS

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 12:59:20 PM »
It takes AAS a long time to degrade at all.  I've used oils that were 3-4 years old with no problems.  They stay stable and don't really go bad from what i've read, they just lose potency very slowly like WW said.

8)

Pumpzilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 05:27:04 AM »
It takes AAS a long time to degrade at all.  I've used oils that were 3-4 years old with no problems.  They stay stable and don't really go bad from what i've read, they just lose potency very slowly like WW said.

8)

This is good to know. Helps with my choice of how much to get.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 05:40:08 AM »

i dont think they even drops 10%  orals..here in sweden there are old military supplybunkersthat had morphin tablets from the ww2 left and the doctor they intervjyed said that they still work, sure the quality had dropped but still worked good. So i think its just a couple percent/year but bot sure of it

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 10:04:36 AM »

that was probably a waste.
only danger with oils is that they could go rancid after some time.
that takes AGES though unless they use stuff like peanut oil or something.
i think ive read somewhere that nut oils can go rancid faster, but that stuff is rarely used except for UGLs.

i'd inject that stuff without thinking twice for a second unless its like 10+ years expired