Author Topic: Keystone Cop Shoots Himself!!!  (Read 2419 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Keystone Cop Shoots Himself!!!
« on: April 20, 2014, 08:02:59 PM »
Keystone Cop Shoots Himself

A California sheriff’s deputy is feeling the sting of humiliation after he attempted to shoot a fenced-in dog, but failed, succeeding only in shooting himself.

The deputy, who works with the Riverside County Court Services Division, was reportedly serving an eviction notice at a Riverside home on Wednesday at around 2p.m. when a “large dog” approached him.

Police say the pit bull, who can be seen in footage shot by Los Angeles NBC affiliate KNBC being playful and friendly with several children, attacked the officer, forcing him to draw his weapon.

“A large pit bull breed dog attacked the deputy,” an investigator told KNBC. “In defense of himself, he fired one round at the dog and inadvertently struck himself in the leg.”

The dog’s owner, Jorge Rodriguez, says his dog never attacked.

“The officer got scared and unfortunately pulled his gun and he shot himself,” Rodriguez says. “He was in pain, man, I feel sorry for the officer.”
The officer sustained non-life threatening injuries and is being treated at the Riverside Community hospital.

Reports say the Department of Animal Services won’t take action against the dog as she was legally within a fenced enclosure. No word on whether the officer will be investigated for mishandling his firearm.

I know I shouldn't laught at this but... HaHaHa hahahahahhaahahahahahahh ahahahahah lololololololoolz ;D

w

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Keystone Cop Shoots Himself!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 07:36:18 AM »
It serves him right.

The dog wasn't doing anything wrong. It was protecting what it considers its territory and all it did was bark. He should have run but instead he stupidly chose to shoot at the dog. Shows how little consideration and respect he has for other people's property.

I would rather have a pit bull loose on the street than that dumb deputy.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:08:26 PM »
He wasn't even protecting the property. He was doing what everyone (human or animal) does when on their property, and a stranger starts walking up the walkway: ...you approach and say hello. He should have looked to make sure he wouldn't encounter any difficulties before he walked into a stranger's yard. Just because he was scared was no reason to shoot. Obviously the dog posed no risk to him, or it would have taken a good chunk out of his hide while he was lying in the yard in a pool of his own blood. Serves him right!
w

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 09:30:10 AM »
He wasn't even protecting the property. He was doing what everyone (human or animal) does when on their property, and a stranger starts walking up the walkway: ...you approach and say hello. He should have looked to make sure he wouldn't encounter any difficulties before he walked into a stranger's yard. Just because he was scared was no reason to shoot. Obviously the dog posed no risk to him, or it would have taken a good chunk out of his hide while he was lying in the yard in a pool of his own blood. Serves him right!

I suppose he claimed the dog ran from the gunshot, but that's an interesting question. It really weakens the idea that the dog was in attack mode.