Author Topic: Era of bodybuilding is over  (Read 4574 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Era of bodybuilding is over
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2014, 02:13:09 AM »
People complained... and rightfuly so. Do you remember how bodybuilding started? Back in the days everyone was bodybuilder, weightlifter and powerlifter at the same time. We "moved on" but apparently it isn't what people wanted so we moved back. Do not mistake me for a Crossfiter. I am just happy things are moving into right direction. Every time I hear "I do not care about the weight I use, I only care about how it looks" I just roll my eyes in disbelief. How pointless and vain it is, staring in the mirror pumping your arms and chest to make it just appear bigger.

Just as pointless as eating way too much food, getting fat and picking up huge weights and putting them down again.

Who cares about how much weight you can lift?

A Righteous Sort

• Getbig III
  • Magnificent looks, superior memory
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 02:29:59 AM »
A lot of Crossfit people that look halfway decent juice.

I was just talking to a big Crossfit trainer that is scouting locations for expansion, and he admitted quite casually to using deca.

I think he may have been a closet homosexual.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 03:02:16 AM »
Just as pointless as eating way too much food, getting fat and picking up huge weights and putting them down again.

Who cares about how much weight you can lift?

Too much food, getting fat... What the hell are you talking about?

Simple Simon

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2014, 03:08:07 AM »
A lot of Crossfit people that look halfway decent juice.

I was just talking to a big Crossfit trainer that is scouting locations for expansion, and he admitted quite casually to using deca.

I think he may have been a closet homosexual.

Obviously, because Deca use and homosexuality go hand in hand

Simple Simon

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2014, 03:09:18 AM »
Too much food, getting fat... What the hell are you talking about?
Its what happens when you fail to care about how you look.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2014, 04:25:49 AM »
Its what happens when you fail to care about how you look.

See, you just can't escape from the extreme. So if one does not want to train ONLY for the look and cares about his strength, endurance, power and other things then he just HAS to be fat? LOL :D

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2014, 04:32:27 AM »
See, you just can't escape from the extreme. So if one does not want to train ONLY for the look and cares about his strength, endurance, power and other things then he just HAS to be fat? LOL :D

I think his point is, extreme strength and extreme muscularity are both pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Do what makes you happy

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2014, 04:39:58 AM »
I think his point is, extreme strength and extreme muscularity are both pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Do what makes you happy

This.

Almost any activity/hobby/sport could be considered pointless depending on which way you choose to look at it.
Just do something you enjoy whatever your goals might be.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2014, 06:25:20 AM »
With the internet arrival   Bodybuilding die.

Plain and simple.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ....BEYEYEE !!!

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2014, 06:29:28 AM »
ppl complained for years about "well, he's big and cut.. but can he do [insert random pointless exercise to gauge athletic ability]"

now with crossfit, everybody gets on the bandwagon to hate it.

big fucking deal.

if it gets some average joe off the couch and in the gym doing SOMETHING besides siting on some Ab or Curl machine, great.

everybody complains how fat American's are... now we have something 'new' that catches the interest of ppl who'd probably NEVER workout before, and a bunch of fucking hypocrites are crying about it.

grow the fuck up. you don't like it? fine. don't do it. fucking little girls crying about shit...

Agreed. Crossfit culture is silly, but it beats sitting on the couch inhaling soda and pizza.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2014, 07:13:14 AM »
ppl complained for years about "well, he's big and cut.. but can he do [insert random pointless exercise to gauge athletic ability]"

now with crossfit, everybody gets on the bandwagon to hate it.

big fucking deal.

if it gets some average joe off the couch and in the gym doing SOMETHING besides siting on some Ab or Curl machine, great.

everybody complains how fat American's are... now we have something 'new' that catches the interest of ppl who'd probably NEVER workout before, and a bunch of fucking hypocrites are crying about it.

grow the fuck up. you don't like it? fine. don't do it. fucking little girls crying about shit...
Have to admit ESF has a good point there!!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2014, 07:24:02 AM »
this is getting me hard

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2014, 08:02:50 AM »
Bodybuilders sparked fitness revolution that has shaped our sense of aesthetics and made "fitness" a marketing product. However, with "bodybuilding" becoming about everything BUT health and "well-being" it became totally unattractive to people aged 30+. Fact that F&H industry age target is 15-25 limited market growth - this is the age where people don't have much money to spend. For years many have tried to fill the void that F&H left by pushing useless "do it at home" products, fad diets and so on. Crossfit eventually combined everything that was important for this age group and created one, ultimate product designed for adults.

- Rich Froning and other Crossfit champions are "proud fathers", "christians", family and faith is most important to them (allegedly) as opposed to bodybuilding's bad boys.
 - Crossfiters are encouraged to bring whole families and work out together.
 - Older people aren't easily self-motivated, thus working out in groups.
 - Older people are lazy/have other important things to do and don't want to do research on their own, thus every class has its trainer.

This and many other factors made Crossfit bigger than whole BB&Fitness industry over the past few years. When you think about it, it was pretty ingenious.

Do you think that we stand a chance or are we doomed to extinction?

Crossfit and bodybuilding aren't even in the same catagory BUT I will say as much as I can't stand crossfit, they have great marketing and do get people in their facilities. The more I look into crossfit, as much as they try to bring families in to workout (I don't use Xfit and train in the same sentence) they have a VERY high turnover rate with members because of injury.

If someone joins, it usually lasts a year maybe two years at best until they realize they have awesome conditioning with a fucked up shoulder, back or knees then go find other trainers (that actually know what they're doing) after they get released from an Ortho or physical therapy.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2014, 08:05:26 AM »
When I started seeing more and more bodybuilders showing up in 'contest shape' with protruding bellies sticking out further than their pecs, I knew it was the beginning of the end. 

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2014, 08:13:14 AM »
When I started seeing more and more bodybuilders showing up in 'contest shape' with protruding bellies sticking out further than their pecs, I knew it was the beginning of the end. 

Pakaulsky (sp?)   disagrees completely !

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHH~ BEYEYE !

A Righteous Sort

• Getbig III
  • Magnificent looks, superior memory
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 01:20:12 PM »
Obviously, because Deca use and homosexuality go hand in hand

I think he might have been part of that Yale thing.