Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer  (Read 160775 times)

Griffith

• Getbig V
Re: ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ - A FORCE AWAKENS
« Reply #200 on: December 01, 2014, 01:05:14 PM »
is he a black storm trooper  ???  i head from the beginning when he was casted for the role as a JEDI ???

maybe luke had him wear the Strom Trooper outfit get sensitive intel  ???

Could be but the Empire since A New Hope use conscripts.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #201 on: December 01, 2014, 03:34:08 PM »
is he a black storm trooper  ???  i head from the beginning when he was casted for the role as a JEDI ???

maybe luke had him wear the Strom Trooper outfit get sensitive intel  ???

Probably in disguise like Luke and Han Solo back in the day.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2014, 06:17:07 PM »
Argument — much like karaoke and online shopping — is at its best when done with friends and a drink. And so, here’s “Bar Fights With Walt,” a column devoted to solving the only questions that truly matter: the dumb arguments about life and pop culture developed and hashed out in barroom rants. We’ll use data and research to take these arguments to their logical statistical conclusion. If you’d like to submit a question or conundrum, corner the author at one of his typical haunts and pick a fight.

To start us off, here’s a timely question my friends and I fought over in October at The College Delly in Williamsburg, Virginia:

Who had the worst career after their involvement in the original “Star Wars” trilogy, and how can we prove it?

Few films have inspired as many arguments between nerdy types as “Star Wars.” People fight about who was the best character and why it was Boba Fett. They bicker over the ethics of a group of religious extremists attacking a second Death Star that was full of contractors and laborers. They hash out the inherent failure of probability that is Stormtrooper aim.

On the heels of the release of a teaser trailer for the seventh film — which includes several members of the original cast — now’s as good a time as any to look at the careers “Star Wars” launched. Clearly a couple of people came out OK leaving the original trilogy. Harrison Ford has had a decent run — as long as we ignore everything since the end of the George W. Bush administration. Mark Hamill managed to put together a remarkable voice acting career. And George Lucas went on to inspire millions with 1986’s “Howard the Duck.”

But let’s get more exact. We need a single number that summarizes a career in moviemaking. The easiest number to count up is the sum of box-office receipts for each actor’s subsequent films. This doesn’t catch everything — we miss all those Batman shows and malt liquor commercials, and it doesn’t differentiate between a leading role and a bit part — but it’s the most basic metric to ascertain the activity and longevity of a career.

I pulled the box-office data for the main cast — Luke (Hamill), Han (Ford), Leia (Carrie Fisher), Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew), C-3P0 (Anthony Daniels), R2-D2 (Kenny Baker), Darth Vader (James Earl Jones) and Obi Wan Kenobi (Alec Guinness) — as well as key people who joined in “The Empire Strikes Back” or “Return of the Jedi”: Lando (Billy Dee Williams), Yoda (Frank Oz) and Palpatine (Ian McDiarmid). I didn’t count the films of the original trilogy — we’re interested in post-“Star Wars” careers — and didn’t count anything made before an actor’s first “Star Wars” film.

I did count films that came out between an actor’s first “Star Wars” film and their second or third. So, for example, even though it came out before “Return of the Jedi,” Fisher got credit for “The Blues Brothers” because it was released after “A New Hope.”

Here, we’ve got actors; how many non-trilogy films they appeared in since their first “Star Wars” movie, according to OpusData, the database behind The-Numbers.com; the total box-office gross of these films; and the total box office of those films when we adjust for inflation to 2013 dollars. (Shaded actors appeared in a subsequent “Star Wars” feature film, in one of the prequel trilogy films or the “Clone Wars” IMAX feature.)

In last place: David Prowse, the performer who acted out Darth Vader and who never had a spoken line in the original trilogy. His only other film credit, according to OpusData, was in the 2011 documentary “The People vs. George Lucas.” The voice of Vader, on the other hand, has been one of the most prolific members of the original “Star Wars” cast: James Earl Jones has been in 43 feature films since his stint in a galaxy far, far away. Jones’s highest-grossing films were “The Lion King,” followed by “Coming to America” and “The Hunt for Red October.”

Still, it doesn’t feel quite fair to harp on Prowse; he was a bodybuilder-turned-actor who operated within a very particular niche and owned it. If we zero in on speaking roles, Guinness, an accomplished screen actor with a massive body of work before “Star Wars,” draws the short straw. “A Passage to India” in 1984 was his highest-grossing subsequent feature, taking in $27.2 million. Still, his was the lowest-grossing subsequent career of a speaking actor from the original “Star Wars” films.

As we’d expect, Ford comes out on top. And even if they haven’t reprised their roles since “Jedi,” Fisher and Hamill have been busy.

Fisher appeared in “Hook,” “Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle” and “Scream 3.” Hamill, in addition to his voluminous voice work on television, appeared in “The Little Mermaid” as “additional voices” — a prestigious role if there ever were one.

For those marveling at Williams’s surprisingly high box office haul, recall that he was in 1989’s “Batman” and had a brief cameo as Lando Calrissian in last year’s “The Lego Movie.”

So, that’s it then? Ford had the most commercially successful post-“Star Wars” career, and Prowse or Guinness had the least successful, depending on how stingy we’re feeling? Actually, no.

By the metric we’re looking at, Ford doesn’t come close to having the top aggregate box office of the original series “Star Wars” alumni. However, we only looked at the main cast. If you include everyone, the honor goes to an Ewok.

An 11-year-old Warwick Davis played Wicket, and if you have no idea who that character is, you probably know him better as “the main Ewok” in “Return of the Jedi.” Since his stint on the Forrest Moon of Endor, Davis has appeared in “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy,” “Jack the Giant Slayer,” “The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian,” the first “Star Wars” prequel and, most substantially, the entire Harry Potter series, playing Professor Flitwick and the goblin Griphook. Davis also anchored the critically acclaimed “Life’s Too Short” television series.

Indiana Jones may have had a solid run, but he’s nowhere near the $7.7 billion haul the eight Potter films brought in.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2014, 07:58:23 PM »
http://laughingsquid.com/an-eager-star-wars-fan-already-has-a-tattoo-depicting-the-star-wars-the-force-awakens-spherical-astromech-droid/

An Eager ‘Star Wars’ Fan Already Has a Tattoo Depicting the ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Spherical Astromech Droid

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2014, 11:17:46 PM »
Star Wars VII: "The Search for More Money"

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Re: ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’ - A FORCE AWAKENS - info and the trailer
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2014, 12:18:04 AM »

;D

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2014, 02:37:56 AM »
Are all storm troopers clones?
Aren't there any enlisted soldiers. Maybe officers?

Of course the bulk of your grunts might be clones but I think one would
like to pick his officers more carefully?

I watched few of those clone wars cartoon but don't really remember how it went.

BTW: Saw a LEGO Starship Destroyer at store. +9000pieces, 4feet 2 inches long...
Need to write for Santa :)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: December 02, 2014, 03:43:00 AM »

I watched few of those clone wars cartoon but don't really remember how it went.

BTW: Saw a LEGO Starship Destroyer at store. +9000pieces, 4feet 2 inches long...

There's a 20 yr or more gap between the last production of clones and the appearance of storm troopers.  I also believe clones had a short lifespan.  STs are draftees and recruits.  If clones were still alive, they wouldn't have been more than 10% of the army, and I'd assuming most of them would be special units and commanders.  I don't know the universe that well.  It's beyond retarded that a strom trooper couldn't be black, asian or whatever.  People are fucking clowns.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2014, 04:19:01 AM »

Besides having a limited life-span the clone producing planet was destroyed. By the time of Episode IV it seems all the imperial forces are conscripts and volunteers.

MikMaq

« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2014, 04:34:37 AM »
Im half temped to re kindle my interest in star wars.

JJ Abrams got me interested in star trek again, just when I thought I had given up on it.

However the more I read about this shit, the more I realize star wars fans are fucking stupid.

Nothing in this shit ever makes sense.

Even when I was a kid I cam up with more logical shit than this.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2014, 05:31:20 AM »
Fan made poster

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2014, 05:34:24 AM »
Y

Nails

• Getbig V

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #213 on: December 02, 2014, 10:40:02 AM »

That's one ugly big headed negroid.  How the fuck did they find a storm trooper helmet big enough for him to wear?

maxkane69

• Getbig IV
  • PALUMBOISM DESTROYED BODYBUILDING!
« Reply #214 on: December 02, 2014, 11:04:31 AM »
I can't believe that there are suckers who still watches garbage movies like star wars and star trek in 2014 !!! :-[

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2015, 10:52:13 AM »
The Lead actors

I guess Luke, Han, leia are all just making cameos  ???

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #216 on: April 16, 2015, 10:54:10 AM »
Hey that dude stole Wiggs' turtleneck.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: April 16, 2015, 11:13:33 AM »
New Trailer

;D

Skylge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #218 on: April 16, 2015, 11:54:11 AM »
Hope the movie is as good as that trailer!

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #219 on: April 16, 2015, 01:20:14 PM »
New Trailer

;D

OK, now I'm starting to get a little interested.  The crashed Star Destroyer buried in the sand was pretty awesome.  Lead actress looks like she might be kind hot.  Looks a little like Natalie Portman.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #220 on: April 16, 2015, 01:30:42 PM »
New Trailer
 ;D

Much better than the first teaser trailer. 

It has to be better than any of the 3 prequels right?

I'll see it, but I still don't have great expectations.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #221 on: April 16, 2015, 02:44:44 PM »
2nd trailer is freaking awesome..
Looking forward to seeing the movie...

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #222 on: April 16, 2015, 02:49:36 PM »
Straight up, if Han Solo shouts out 'YEH BUDDY' while shooting enemy forces it will be bodybuilding related and i'll blow my load

G_Thang

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: April 16, 2015, 07:09:15 PM »
New Trailer

;D

i didn't care for the skywalker corny intro but overall it was excellent.  x-wing fighter scene is nice and the tie-fighter jacking the battalion was sick.  looks 100 times better than the avengers (movie to setup scarlett with her own black widow franchise  ::)) popcorn bullshit.  batman vs superman monday.  8)

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2015, 03:43:00 AM »
Every clip I've seen, the black stormtrooper dude seems to be breathing heavily. Does he have asthma or something?