Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer  (Read 162208 times)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer
« Reply #400 on: October 20, 2015, 11:07:49 AM »
Jedis create their own lightsabers I believe , so the fact she has one meant she must have some jedi skill in her to build one.

She doesn't - but her weapon is in sync with his - has to be foreshadowing.....check out poster:

Y

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #401 on: October 20, 2015, 11:14:06 AM »
Palpatine wasn't actually killed, well just that clone was.  The emperor cloned himself.

Is this EU material?  If so it ain't canon no mo.

Although technically we didn't see the Palpatine die in Jedi.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #402 on: October 20, 2015, 11:16:32 AM »
Part of the magic of the first film is Darth Vader.  This villain who you're supposed to hate but end up wanting to be.  The introduction of some bad ass characters and animals, talking robots etc...  It was a fantasy gone wild movie.  Also at the time space exploration was relatively new so seeing other planets, space fights etc... opened up the imagination.If the original Star Wars was never made until 2015 and released people would be laughing at it compared to that dumb Mars or Intersellar movie but the timing was perfect for when it came out.  The empire strikes back took it up a notch.  Not too many movies at the time had the bad guys winning from start to finish.  People kept waiting for the moment that the good guys would have their comeback but it never came.  It left people speechless and couple that with the big revelation it was a big WTF! mind blown moment.  Jedi was a piece of shit but it followed the success of two great films.  The entire Ewok sequence needs to be removed from the movie.  I just can't see JJ Abrams capturing a lot of those magical moments.  It might end up being a great film but a year from now no one will be talking about it or quoting shit from it.  Knowing Disney, they'll insert some of that kitchy humor they put in the Avengers.

I love all three films and I was 7 or 8 when Jedi came out so the Ewoks were right up my alley then.  Had I been 18 when Jedi released I woulda hated them.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #403 on: October 20, 2015, 11:25:25 AM »
Wonder how much of this is true:

Remember, a Jedi's strength flows from the Force. But beware. Anger, fear, aggression. The dark side are they. Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Luke... Luke... do not... do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor or suffer your father's fate you will. Luke, when gone am I... the last of the Jedi will you be. Luke, the Force runs strong in your family. Pass on what you have learned, Luke. There is... another... Sky... walker.

Ohhh. Great warrior. Wars not make one great.

Feel the force!

Always two there are, a master and an apprentice.

So who will be the two bad guys?  Seems a sith lord cannot exist without his apprentice and visa versa.  Is the new girl the daughter of Leia and Han Solo?  How would the Hebrew get Jedi skillz if the skywalkers are the last remaining?

Don't believe Kylo Ren is a Sith.  I believe there's a new group called the Order of Ren (force users). 

I think he's more self taught and an admirer of Vader.  He built his own lightsaber and he's a force user so he's definitely a threat.

There's speculation he was taught by Luke who "went to the dark side", but I don't buy it. 

I'm wondering if the black dude will have some family ties to Mace Windu making him a potential force user (Jedi material).

The chick Rey and Kylo will probably end up being brother-sister Solo twins of Han and Leia

Different speculation I've read and opinions I've formed. 

Personally I don't want a Dark Luke Skywalker.....I want him to be a master Jedi now.  He's had decades to speak with Yoda, Obi and Anakin via the force.  They could've trained him up slowly for decades into a super-master Jedi....the last and only of his kind to establish a new Jedi Order to fight against the Order of Ren.   Again, total speculation.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #404 on: October 20, 2015, 12:14:43 PM »
^^^^
I would think the only way Luke would be a Dark Jedi is if something turned him, some bad life event, like being type casted as Luke and never being in another movie.  hahaha.  Luke unlike other Jedi's had the big struggle of the dark side trying to lure him and trying to not go to it.  Maybe if he thought Leia was dead or something.

Is it me or does the black guy in the poster look like this guy?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #405 on: October 20, 2015, 12:24:03 PM »
She doesn't - but her weapon is in sync with his - has to be foreshadowing.....check out poster:

Luke is nowhere to be seen in the poster or the previews.  I assume they're doing this because something shocking with him will happen.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #406 on: October 20, 2015, 02:30:58 PM »

I would've loudly protested that before TCW since, y'know, Darth Maul was cut in HALF and somehow survived.  (Aside:  I liked Maul well enough, but he should've been dead and stayed that way.)  But since TCW is "canon" and all that ... meh.

My whining on that note aside, yeah, we didn't actually see Palps die.  I'm all but certain he did.  After he fell down that chasm, the weird blue whistling-type thingies that surged back up was, at least in my four-year-old opinion at the movies, his "spirit" or essence in the Force giving out a last, good-and-pissed "ooga booga!" before he completely left the material world.

As far as Palps clones go, and even if we ignored the so-called new canon policy, I don't think the Emperor ever took on a cloned body until the "Dark Empire" series.  I definitely don't think he ever assumed a clone before "ROTJ."  Assuming he did, why did he look so fucking old, then? :) 

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #407 on: October 20, 2015, 02:54:17 PM »
$6.5 Million Ticket sales have been made since 7pm Last night for AFW in Imax theaters alone

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: October 20, 2015, 03:26:21 PM »
I would've loudly protested that before TCW since, y'know, Darth Maul was cut in HALF and somehow survived.  (Aside:  I liked Maul well enough, but he should've been dead and stayed that way.)  But since TCW is "canon" and all that ... meh.

My whining on that note aside, yeah, we didn't actually see Palps die.  I'm all but certain he did.  After he fell down that chasm, the weird blue whistling-type thingies that surged back up was, at least in my four-year-old opinion at the movies, his "spirit" or essence in the Force giving out a last, good-and-pissed "ooga booga!" before he completely left the material world.

As far as Palps clones go, and even if we ignored the so-called new canon policy, I don't think the Emperor ever took on a cloned body until the "Dark Empire" series.  I definitely don't think he ever assumed a clone before "ROTJ."  Assuming he did, why did he look so fucking old, then? :) 

it was some shit about the clone bodies would prematurely age due to his manevolence.

I think the hebe is smokescreen to hide that the girl is the main protagonist and force wielder. that is why they show him with light saber. i hope so anyway  ;D

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #409 on: October 20, 2015, 03:37:19 PM »
Don't believe Kylo Ren is a Sith.  I believe there's a new group called the Order of Ren (force users). 

I think he's more self taught and an admirer of Vader.  He built his own lightsaber and he's a force user so he's definitely a threat.

There's speculation he was taught by Luke who "went to the dark side", but I don't buy it. 

I'm wondering if the black dude will have some family ties to Mace Windu making him a potential force user (Jedi material).

The chick Rey and Kylo will probably end up being brother-sister Solo twins of Han and Leia

Personally I don't want a Dark Luke Skywalker.....I want him to be a master Jedi now.  He's had decades to speak with Yoda, Obi and Anakin via the force.  They could've trained him up slowly for decades into a super-master Jedi....the last and only of his kind to establish a new Jedi Order to fight against the Order of Ren.   Again, total speculation.

Right on about Kylo Ren.

Just look at his light saber's blade compared to the Hebrew's (Luke's/Anakin's); Kylo's blade is extremely distorted.

a

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #410 on: October 20, 2015, 04:07:25 PM »

More likely I think to be related to the original pimp and Star Wars Heeb, Lando:

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #411 on: October 20, 2015, 04:16:14 PM »
Part of the magic of the first film is Darth Vader.  This villain who you're supposed to hate but end up wanting to be.  The introduction of some bad ass characters and animals, talking robots etc...  It was a fantasy gone wild movie.  Also at the time space exploration was relatively new so seeing other planets, space fights etc... opened up the imagination.If the original Star Wars was never made until 2015 and released people would be laughing at it compared to that dumb Mars or Intersellar movie but the timing was perfect for when it came out.  The empire strikes back took it up a notch.  Not too many movies at the time had the bad guys winning from start to finish.  People kept waiting for the moment that the good guys would have their comeback but it never came.  It left people speechless and couple that with the big revelation it was a big WTF! mind blown moment.  Jedi was a piece of shit but it followed the success of two great films.  The entire Ewok sequence needs to be removed from the movie.  I just can't see JJ Abrams capturing a lot of those magical moments.  It might end up being a great film but a year from now no one will be talking about it or quoting shit from it.  Knowing Disney, they'll insert some of that kitchy humor they put in the Avengers.

Great post.  I agree with 99% of this, but I don't agree that Jedi was a POS movie, but I do agree that it wasn't as good as the first two.  After I saw ESB in 1980, I remember feeling like my guts were just ripped out.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #412 on: October 20, 2015, 11:27:41 PM »
Empire was so fucking good.  It shits all over anything that Star Trek ever did.

It's a shame how they emasculated Darth Vader in the prequels.  The prequel movies no longer have any meaning to me.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #413 on: October 21, 2015, 10:24:05 AM »
So I've been trying to avoid spoilers about this movie but with all the recent threats of boycotts I broke down and watched the trailer.

Wow, lol.

I'm not going to boycott it because of Tracy Morgan or whatever his name is being the lightsaber wielding protagonist of the film.  I'm not thrilled with that, but the reason I'm going to boycott it because it looks terrible.  Seriously, it looks like they really screwed the pooch on this one.  I've only seen two minutes of it, but I flat out guarantee this movie sucks.  I feel sorry for the morons that are looking forward to it, hoping against hope that it will be good like Episodes IV and V.  Sorry but they fucked you again.  Save yourself the pain and embarrassment now and abort your opening night plans.  Wait till this one hits the Redbox.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #414 on: October 21, 2015, 10:25:52 AM »
So I've been trying to avoid spoilers about this movie but with all the recent threats of boycotts I broke down and watched the trailer.

Boycotts were trolling.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #415 on: October 21, 2015, 10:36:42 AM »

Wow, lol.

I'm not going to boycott it because of Tracy Morgan or whatever his name is being the lightsaber wielding protagonist of the film.  I'm not thrilled with that, but the reason I'm going to boycott it because it looks terrible.  Seriously, it looks like they really screwed the pooch on this one.  I've only seen two minutes of it, but I flat out guarantee this movie sucks.  I feel sorry for the morons that are looking forward to it, hoping against hope that it will be good like Episodes IV and V.  Sorry but they fucked you again.  Save yourself the pain and embarrassment now and abort your opening night plans.  Wait till this one hits the Redbox.

Disney did not create this film to be great, to win Oscars or to stimulate the imaginations of people.  It is a cash grab.  They fucked it up when they wanted to please the feminazis with a female lead, they fucked it up by forcing in the black guy to please the Al Sharptons, they added in the little roller ball droid to make it cute and sell shit.  Just want to know how the little roller ball goes up stairs.  This movie is going to be nothing more than a 2 hour commercial for toys, products and bullshit liberal agenda.

Simple Simon

« Reply #416 on: October 21, 2015, 10:39:13 AM »
Disney did not create this film to be great, to win Oscars or to stimulate the imaginations of people.  It is a cash grab.  They fucked it up when they wanted to please the feminazis with a female lead, they fucked it up by forcing in the black guy to please the Al Sharptons, they added in the little roller ball droid to make it cute and sell shit.  Just want to know how the little roller ball goes up stairs.  This movie is going to be nothing more than a 2 hour commercial for toys, products and bullshit liberal agenda.
pretty much.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #417 on: October 21, 2015, 10:40:11 AM »

It was Palpatines brother Ray Cutler that Darth Vader killed.

Real Palpatine was not present during the attack by Admiral Snackbar.

Real Palpatine was in the studio at that time and released "Beats by Jay"

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #418 on: October 21, 2015, 10:41:31 AM »

Lol, I just heard that the other main male character is Guatemalan or something.  They are really pouring it on thick.  I wonder if they will fit in any subtle pro-Hillary propaganda in this movie.  Is Kaitlynn Jenner in it?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #419 on: October 21, 2015, 10:42:15 AM »

I think the movie will be enjoyable, but forgettable. You're right, the magic won't be there. There will be no memorable moments/characters, i.e. Yoda.

Walked into a Target the other day, the entire clothing, toys, and Halloween departments were FULL of Star Wars.
a

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #420 on: October 21, 2015, 10:45:10 AM »
I was kinda hoping that Kylo Ren would be cool but even that is only a 50/50 chance.  I'll still watch it just to see what they did with Luke.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #421 on: October 21, 2015, 10:55:35 AM »
It makes me laugh when a male director makes claims that he wanted a "Strong Female Lead". Seriously, what fucking straight man would say that?  Obviously he was told to include it but wants it to sound like it was his intent.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #422 on: October 21, 2015, 11:05:23 AM »
It makes me laugh when a male director makes claims that he wanted a "Strong Female Lead". Seriously, what fucking straight man would say that?  Obviously he was told to include it but wants it to sound like it was his intent.

I have faith.  Abrahms is well aware of the shortcomings of the prequels and is not going to make the same mistake.
Y

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #423 on: October 21, 2015, 12:22:47 PM »

How can you be a force-user without being Sith or Jedi?

Can Christians wield the force as well?

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #424 on: October 21, 2015, 12:47:17 PM »
How can you be a force-user without being Sith or Jedi?

Can Christians wield the force as well?

Seeing as how one of those Popes looked like a Sith Lord, maybe.

As for your first question, there are many Force-sensitives who don't subscribe to Sith or Jedi doctrine.  But it's funny you mentioned Christians, because that's what those two groups basically are:  different religions.  Both are similar "in almost every way," as Palpatine said, but they way they achieve their ends are different.  Yoda talked about that a bit in "Empire."

Other groups, like the Nightsisters on Dathomir, are Dark Siders but not Sith.  If Anakin hadn't been noticed by Qui-Gon, he would've been a non-affiliated Force user (I take that back; he already was). 

I can't think of any Light Side-affiliated groups that aren't Jedi, though :?:  And I never cared much for the EU stuff ... just the techy books my buddy Curtis wrote.