Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer  (Read 162219 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Star Wars: Episode VII - A Force Awakens - info and the trailer
« Reply #675 on: December 02, 2015, 04:54:19 PM »
So both Finn and Rey will be in the next movie then?

Yes. They are the main characters.  A brew and a skinny chick. Sad isn't it?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #677 on: December 03, 2015, 12:11:21 PM »
I got to try some of that dark side ice cream. Sounds good. :)

Time magazine is doing a special issue on the film.

Two different covers: R2-D2 and BB-8.

The magazine article has a picture of Mark Hamill.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #678 on: December 04, 2015, 03:25:48 PM »
They removed Chewbacca?

Star Wars race row in China after black character is shrunk on posters for The Force Awakens

British actor John Boyega, 23, appears much smaller on the Chinse poster
Other characters, including Chewbacca, are also missing from the advert
The sci-fi epic film is set to be released worldwide on December 17

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3346130/Star-Wars-race-row-China-black-character-shrunk-posters-Force-Awakens.html

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #679 on: December 04, 2015, 03:57:26 PM »
They removed Chewbacca?

Star Wars race row in China after black character is shrunk on posters for The Force Awakens

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3346130/Star-Wars-race-row-China-black-character-shrunk-posters-Force-Awakens.html

Well, they ADDED some extra tie-fighters on the right so it's a good trade.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #680 on: December 04, 2015, 04:39:19 PM »
D'Qar. 8)

This is the planet where The Resistance is located.

This is the scene after Poe Dameron rescues Han, Chewbacca, Finn, Maz Kanata and BB-8 on Takodana.

Rey is captured by The First Order.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #681 on: December 05, 2015, 01:43:19 PM »
They removed Chewbacca?

Chewbacca is there on the right holding a blue light saber. Oh wait, it's a different ape ancestor. Never mind.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #682 on: December 05, 2015, 03:42:47 PM »
Chewbacca is there on the right holding a blue light saber. Oh wait, it's a different ape ancestor. Never mind.

Good to see that round droid getting some love in China!
Taking centerstage next to Han Solo

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #683 on: December 05, 2015, 04:37:39 PM »
Watching original on VHS right now; holds up well, so far.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #684 on: December 06, 2015, 04:33:15 PM »
Did Andy Serkis give away a spoiler about Supreme Leader Snoke?

This is from the new People Magazine.

Andy Serkis, the master of CGI characters from Gollum to King Kong, plays the still-unseen Supreme Leader Snoke who has scenes with Kylo Ren. "All I can say is that I'm involved in it," he has said. But Neal Scanlan, chief of creature and droid effects, told PEOPLE, "This character is much better executed as a CGI character. That's just a practical reality when he's 7-foot-something tall; he's very, very thin."

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #685 on: December 06, 2015, 07:40:02 PM »
My 5-yr old sat on my lap and watched A New Hope with me today.  She loved it.

This week we'll watch Empire!

guyincognito

• Getbig III
  • LESLIE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE!
« Reply #686 on: December 07, 2015, 04:41:11 AM »

How old are you MoS, if I may ask?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #687 on: December 07, 2015, 05:11:22 AM »
Yes.

New picture of Kylo and Vader's mask/helmet from Rolling Stone. 8)

8)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #688 on: December 07, 2015, 05:57:27 AM »
How old are you MoS, if I may ask?

I'm 40 years old.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #689 on: December 07, 2015, 07:34:34 AM »

Cool, Mos.

I always love to hear stories like this.

Be careful with Empire. It might scare her more than A New Hope.

Wampa. Giant Spaceslug. Mynocks.

She'll love Yoda though.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #690 on: December 07, 2015, 07:34:04 PM »
Those going to the theater should get there in time to see the trailers.

Star Trek Beyond, the next Star Trek movie, will arrive in theaters in time to commemorate the sci-fi franchise’s 50th anniversary. One year later, the property is also going to continue on the small screen, as a new Star Trek TV series is slated to debut on CBS before it’s made available through the network’s streaming service. It’s an exciting time to be a Trekkie, in other words.

Principal photography on Beyond wrapped in October of 2015; meaning at this stage, it’s reasonable to assume that enough post-production work has been completed on the film for a teaser to be ready to go in the foreseeable future. It appears that is the plan after all, as the movie’s first theatrical preview will reportedly be attached to (what else?) Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens in theaters this month.

THR is reporting that Star Trek Beyond‘s first trailer will be attached to The Force Awakens in theaters – though, of course, it’s far from the only 2016 tentpole that is expected to hitch a ride aboard the Star Wars train. Indeed, both the recently-unveiled Captain America: Civil War teaser trailer and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice‘s third theatrical preview are both likely candidates to be shown before The Force Awakens. Furthermore, it’s been reported in the past that the first X-Men: Apocalypse trailer will make its debut on the big screen with co-writer/director J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars feature, as might also be true for another 20th Century Fox project – Roland Emmerich’s alien invasion sequel, Independence Day: Resurgence.

Star Trek Beyond‘s first trailer being attached to The Force Awakens makes sense; not just because of the exposure that the former stands to gain, but also because of the shared sci-fi fanbase between the Star Trek and Star Wars franchises (the friendly rivalry amongst some of their fans aside) and the fact that Abrams is still producing Beyond, after having directed the last two Star Trek movies. The Force Awakens doesn’t need help at the box office, but having all these trailers for high-profile 2016 releases attached in theaters only heightens the film’s “event” status all the more.

Star Trek fans have good reason to be interested in getting an early look at Star Trek Beyond; beyond the obvious fact that it’s the Star Trek film that will mark the property’s 50th birthday, it’s also the first directed by Justin Lin (Fast & Furious 3-6) and co-penned by Star Trek series cast member Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, The World’s End), as well as relative newcomer Doug Jung. On the one hand, fans have been encouraged to learn that this is the first Star Trek movie since the 2009 reboot to take place during the U.S.S. Enterprise’s five-year mission to explore new worlds. On the other hand, Pegg’s own indication that the script will be “less Star Trek-y” hasn’t gone over so well, by comparison.

In other words: fan anticipation for Star Trek Beyond would no doubt benefit from a teaser trailer that suggests this installment will show reverence for what earned Star Trek its following in the first place, while at the same time keeping the proceedings feeling fresh and modern. However one felt about the Abrams-directed Star Trek movies, Star Trek Beyond represents the next chapter for the series – and thus, the first impression will be one worth paying attention to. If we’re lucky, we’ll get our first proper look at Idris Elba as the film’s mysterious antagonist, too.

Star Trek Beyond opens in U.S. theaters on July 22nd, 2016.

http://screenrant.com/star-trek-3-beyond-trailer-star-wars-7/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #691 on: December 07, 2015, 09:29:18 PM »

Star Trek Beyond, the next Star Trek movie, will arrive in theaters in time to commemorate the sci-fi franchise’s 50th anniversary. One year later, the property is also going to continue on the small screen, as a new Star Trek TV series is slated to debut on CBS before it’s made available through the network’s streaming service. It’s an exciting time to be a Trekkie, in other words.

Principal photography on Beyond wrapped in October of 2015; meaning at this stage, it’s reasonable to assume that enough post-production work has been completed on the film for a teaser to be ready to go in the foreseeable future. It appears that is the plan after all, as the movie’s first theatrical preview will reportedly be attached to (what else?) Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens in theaters this month.

THR is reporting that Star Trek Beyond‘s first trailer will be attached to The Force Awakens in theaters – though, of course, it’s far from the only 2016 tentpole that is expected to hitch a ride aboard the Star Wars train. Indeed, both the recently-unveiled Captain America: Civil War teaser trailer and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice‘s third theatrical preview are both likely candidates to be shown before The Force Awakens. Furthermore, it’s been reported in the past that the first X-Men: Apocalypse trailer will make its debut on the big screen with co-writer/director J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars feature, as might also be true for another 20th Century Fox project – Roland Emmerich’s alien invasion sequel, Independence Day: Resurgence.

Star Trek Beyond‘s first trailer being attached to The Force Awakens makes sense; not just because of the exposure that the former stands to gain, but also because of the shared sci-fi fanbase between the Star Trek and Star Wars franchises (the friendly rivalry amongst some of their fans aside) and the fact that Abrams is still producing Beyond, after having directed the last two Star Trek movies. The Force Awakens doesn’t need help at the box office, but having all these trailers for high-profile 2016 releases attached in theaters only heightens the film’s “event” status all the more.

Star Trek fans have good reason to be interested in getting an early look at Star Trek Beyond; beyond the obvious fact that it’s the Star Trek film that will mark the property’s 50th birthday, it’s also the first directed by Justin Lin (Fast & Furious 3-6) and co-penned by Star Trek series cast member Simon Pegg (Shaun of the Dead, The World’s End), as well as relative newcomer Doug Jung. On the one hand, fans have been encouraged to learn that this is the first Star Trek movie since the 2009 reboot to take place during the U.S.S. Enterprise’s five-year mission to explore new worlds. On the other hand, Pegg’s own indication that the script will be “less Star Trek-y” hasn’t gone over so well, by comparison.

In other words: fan anticipation for Star Trek Beyond would no doubt benefit from a teaser trailer that suggests this installment will show reverence for what earned Star Trek its following in the first place, while at the same time keeping the proceedings feeling fresh and modern. However one felt about the Abrams-directed Star Trek movies, Star Trek Beyond represents the next chapter for the series – and thus, the first impression will be one worth paying attention to. If we’re lucky, we’ll get our first proper look at Idris Elba as the film’s mysterious antagonist, too.

http://screenrant.com/star-trek-3-beyond-trailer-star-wars-7/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P
Star Trek is for dorks bro

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
« Reply #692 on: December 07, 2015, 10:20:35 PM »

Star Trek is for Gorks bro

guyincognito

• Getbig III
  • LESLIE, SHUT YOUR FUCKING PIE HOLE!
« Reply #693 on: December 08, 2015, 05:56:37 AM »
I'm 40 years old.

Ok, thanks. I pictured you as an older fellow, no offense :) don't know why really.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #694 on: December 08, 2015, 09:58:31 AM »
Star Trek is science fiction and Star Wars is science fantasy.....both for dorks LOL!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #695 on: December 08, 2015, 10:09:40 AM »
Cool, Mos.

I always love to hear stories like this.

Be careful with Empire. It might scare her more than A New Hope.

Wampa. Giant Spaceslug. Mynocks.

She'll love Yoda though.

Just don't show her episode 1-3 or she'll never want to watch Star Wars again.  I've been reading about Lucas being a little bitter that Disney didn't want his script or his input on the new film.  I guess after his debacle on 1-3 I don't blame Disney.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #696 on: December 08, 2015, 10:40:31 AM »
Snoke sighting. :o

Finally.

This looks to be a Spanish version of the Star Wars Encyclopedia or some type of Role Playing Gamer magazine or book.

It doesn't look like the Visual Dictionary.

Sadly, he does resemble Darth Plagueis.

I hope idiot Abrams isn't pulling his Lost and Star Trek: Into Darkness crap of lying when fans figure out his silly nonsense.

He lied about Lost being completely planned out and that it was going somewhere. And he outright lied about Benedict Cumberbatch not being Khan.

He is such a dick.

I've always hated that guy.

My hope for this thing is in the excellent writing of Lawrence Kasdan.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #697 on: December 08, 2015, 12:13:21 PM »
Snoke sighting. :o

Finally.

This looks to be a Spanish version of the Star Wars Encyclopedia or some type of Role Playing Gamer magazine or book.

It doesn't look like the Visual Dictionary.

Sadly, he does resemble Darth Plagueis.

I hope idiot Abrams isn't pulling his Lost and Star Trek: Into Darkness crap of lying when fans figure out his silly nonsense.

He lied about Lost being completely planned out and that it was going somewhere. And he outright lied about Benedict Cumberbatch not being Khan.

He is such a dick.

I've always hated that guy.

My hope for this thing is in the excellent writing of Lawrence Kasdan.

The Collider team confirmed from their sources that this is Snoke.  He does look like renderings of Plagueis.  Further they confirmed Snoke is not 25ft tall and that he is 7ft tall and slender.

Looks like a Muun like Plagueis.

Now they did not confirm that Snoke is Plagueis....they just confirmed that the drawing is what Snoke looks like and that he's 7ft tall and slender.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #698 on: December 08, 2015, 12:31:00 PM »
Just don't show her episode 1-3 or she'll never want to watch Star Wars again.  I've been reading about Lucas being a little bitter that Disney didn't want his script or his input on the new film.  I guess after his debacle on 1-3 I don't blame Disney.

I don't hate the prequels....there are elements that I enjoyed.  Although, there are elements I couldn't stand....primarily casting.   

Christian Hayden's performance as Anakin and Vader was flat as a pancake.  Natalie Portman as Padme was the same.  Their love story....blech.  The young Anakin (Jake) before becoming a Padawan.....no thanks.   Jengo and Boba Fett backstory....no thanks. 

Anakin's sudden turn to the darkside.....didn't feel it.   Obi Wan's horrific delivery of the line about "Anakin killing young ones"......so lame.  Jar Jar.....gun, mouth, trigger.   Mace Windu didn't get developed and shown off....was supposed to be almost better than Yoda with a lightsaber.....didn't sell his fight with Palpatine.    Vader's now infamous yell of "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!".........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOO!!!!

Liam Nesson as Qui-Gon....loved him.  Ray Park as Darth Maul....loved him.  Count Dooku.....enjoyed him.  Yoda....loved him.  Anakin v Obi-Wan.....loved it.   Obi-Wan v Maul.....loved it.  Yoda v Sidious.....LOVED IT!!  Yoda v Dooku.....loved it!!

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #699 on: December 08, 2015, 03:28:44 PM »
^^^^ Jar Jar was brilliant but no Star Wars fans could see it. He owned the first movie like Dorian in 1993.