Author Topic: What's the best dog all round, ever bred?  (Read 23318 times)

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: What's the best dog all round, ever bred?
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2014, 07:24:41 PM »
lol, they deleted that photo I posted of a dog shot in the head.

pussy

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2014, 07:25:44 PM »
Labradoodle

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2014, 07:48:36 PM »
this is an attractive dog: husky retriever mix.

I'd like to breed the myostatin negative trait (from the whippets) in with these breeds and maybe some border collie for super smarts:

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2014, 07:50:09 PM »
Schnauzer, no question... Followed by German Shepherd

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2014, 08:13:11 PM »
"

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2014, 09:04:56 PM »
Greyhounds have the highest and cleanest breeding lines of any dog.  Only the top winners are bred and none in the United States are bred out of the Racing Associations in order to keep lines pure.  This also means there is no inbreeding going on whatsoever as everything is documented and the best alleles of the very best genes get passed down, nothing else.   Its near impossible to get a puppy for under 10,000 dollars and you are not allowed to breed them freely either.  So what you get is a highly intelligent racing machine.  They are intelligent to the point of they will consider your needs, but they have a mind of their own and will do what is in their best interest a lot of times first.  They contemplate, how will action X, benefit me, whereas some dogs just act without thinking.  They are big time opportunists.

I'm not going to fact check this.  I have been around enough greyhounds to know that some are deadrock dumb and the others are assholes.  They were bred to run, not to think, not to accompany man.  And their bus riders are no better.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2014, 12:13:24 AM »
Anyone attended dogs fight events  8)

Simple Simon

« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2014, 12:43:28 AM »
Greyhounds have the highest and cleanest breeding lines of any dog.  Only the top winners are bred and none in the United States are bred out of the Racing Associations in order to keep lines pure.  This also means there is no inbreeding going on whatsoever as everything is documented and the best alleles of the very best genes get passed down, nothing else.   Its near impossible to get a puppy for under 10,000 dollars and you are not allowed to breed them freely either.  So what you get is a highly intelligent racing machine.  They are intelligent to the point of they will consider your needs, but they have a mind of their own and will do what is in their best interest a lot of times first.  They contemplate, how will action X, benefit me, whereas some dogs just act without thinking.  They are big time opportunists.
If greyhounds were clever they wouldnt run around in circles chasing a fake rabbit every week.
Got to be dumb to not grasp the fact its just a toy bunny.

Its like dogs that keep endlesly running for a ball, dumbasses, my bulldog only brings it back twice then ignores it, the little french bulldog chases them all day.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2014, 01:01:33 AM »
If greyhounds were clever they wouldnt run around in circles chasing a fake rabbit every week.

Its like dogs that keep endlesly running for a ball, dumbasses, my bulldog only brings it back twice then ignores it, the little french bulldog chases them all day.

Bulldogs are notorious for being lazy, they have that perma look of "I ain't doing shit today" on their face. A bit like Wiggs, before he was forced to get a job and stop reading fictional historic books.

S

Simple Simon

« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2014, 01:06:19 AM »
Bulldogs are notorious for being lazy, they have that perma look of "I ain't doing shit today" on their face. A bit like Wiggs, before he was forced to get a job and stop reading fictional historic books.

Epic morning glory wood on the dog.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2014, 03:20:09 PM »
has all the quality's of a dog except loyalty and luck
is there a morep punchable face?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2014, 06:31:20 PM »
Strong EKul retardedness in this thread  ::)

In Germany Rotties can't legally be bred and sold unless they pass Schutzhund training, which requires an incredible temperament and massive amounts of obedience training.

there is almost no chance than the offspring of sch3 dog are going to be anything less than well adjusted. Like people, dogs temperament , intelligence etc is largely genetic.

Obviously abusing them isn't going to help but Ghetto retards who abuse animals don't buy a $4000 import dog that can do this ..

awesome

anyone ever watch those parkour videos with the pittbull that scales walls/ fences and jumps from building to building? pretty funny.
b

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2014, 06:48:48 PM »
One of our Dobies was Shutzhund.  Great dog.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #88 on: May 09, 2014, 07:42:45 PM »

Its fun for them.  A game they enjoy. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2014, 07:46:13 PM »
World Record Jumping Dog

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2014, 07:49:29 PM »
One of our Dobies was Shutzhund.  Great dog.

Did you train him for it yourself? theres a group meets weekends near us and I'm considering taking our boy

protection training seems more practical than shutz (we live 10 minutes from Oakland and he needs to be able to protect my wife) but he's still a baby (8 months) and too young for full on training

working dogs are so awesome

our boy came from here http://www.vonelite.com/VEroco.htm (his granddad)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2014, 08:03:24 PM »
this Tibetan mastiff I got is 14 weeks old and what a little bastard he is

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2014, 08:06:30 PM »

;D

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2014, 08:16:50 PM »
Did you train him for it yourself? theres a group meets weekends near us and I'm considering taking our boy

protection training seems more practical than shutz (we live 10 minutes from Oakland and he needs to be able to protect my wife) but he's still a baby (8 months) and too young for full on training

working dogs are so awesome

our boy came from here http://www.vonelite.com/VEroco.htm (his granddad)

No, we got him that way from a Dobie rescue group.  Shutzhund (at least as taught to our dog) is protection training and Dobies are among the most loyal of dogs.  The training (as are most law enforcement dog training) is done in German.    I highly recommend it, whether done by others or with you in on the training.  The dog will protect your family, believe me.  Ours would search the house on command and hold anyone he found that did not belong there.  Came home once to an unlocked door and released him with the command to search.  He went through the entire house and found no one.  However, after he was done searching he went back into our room and caught and held one of the cats down until we told him to release him.

He liked our cats and the one he caught that time was more a dog than a cat really.  They were great buds.    Good luck with  your dog! Rotties are excellent pets and friends!

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2014, 08:33:19 PM »
Would love to have Hyena as dog  ;D

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2014, 10:53:06 PM »

Photoshopped dog of peace.

Was always a cat person til last year. Had to mind my gf's niece's pomeranian for a few months. Never felt such an attachment to a pet in my life. Dog followed the niece back to Brazil at the end of the summer, have wanted a dog since. Only problem is dogs need company and I can't guarantee that my girlfriend or I will always be there for dog with work etc.

Ha ha, good one. Yeah bud, I shopped them, but not even close as to "how' ~ go ahead try your 'sharpness' filters and such. The result will NOT be the same.

Funny thing is, you chose the one dog that was chopped the least. That was a screen-shot... I'll get a real nice one and you tell me what I did...if anything ~

Filters?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2014, 10:59:20 PM »
What's sad is the dog needed no photoshopping..

What a waste of time with screenshots of B.S and such. I needed the pic to blend with a whole layout. Layer masks and Sharpness filters? Just ask how it was done if you want to know.

And no, the dog was in fantastic shape, actually a bit underfed and over-trained.

Shoulda chosen the other dogs I posted. That may have been easier.

Brush up on your "plugins"  ~ critiquing what I did will only make you look like a novice. Lol. Have fun.

I wonder sometimes how many people realize what they are really looking at as they choose desktops from the internet and such???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2014, 12:24:35 AM »

What a waste of time with screenshots of B.S and such. I needed the pic to blend with a whole layout. Layer masks and Sharpness filters? Just ask how it was done if you want to know.

And no, the dog was in fantastic shape, actually a bit underfed and over-trained.

Shoulda chosen the other dogs I posted. That may have been easier.

Brush up on your "plugins"  ~ critiquing what I did will only make you look like a novice. Lol. Have fun.

I wonder sometimes how many people realize what they are really looking at as they choose desktops from the internet and such???
Still not near as athletic as a Greyhound.

Simple Simon

« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2014, 03:22:01 AM »
Its fun for them.  A game they enjoy. 
Nope, they think its a real rabbit.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2014, 03:41:00 AM »

tbh thats one of the coolest looking dog  i ever seen. Got anymore pics of him?
Badass dog, im sure you miss him alot. In a couple of weeks im going to put down my 12 year old ridgeback. Best dog i ever had. Protected my girlfriends from drunks and imigrants that cant take a no. Will be heartbroken and miss him like hell. He was a abused dog that had been to hell and back before i rescued him when he was 1.5. I think its because of that he was so loyal