Author Topic: What Happens Next For Lois Lerner?  (Read 19089 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: What Happens Next For Lois Lerner?
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 05:13:52 AM »

PostPartisan

The Insiders: Democrats should want a special prosecutor for the IRS scandal


 
 
  90
  More

By Ed Rogers June 18 at 3:49 PM

In light of the Friday announcement that the IRS has lost an “untold” number of e-mails from Lois Lerner and six other IRS employees, it is safe to assume Lerner interrupted her taxpayer-funded retirement to hop on a cocktail table somewhere and do a fistpump.  And you can bet there were high-fives at the Justice Department and thinly disguised giggles and thumbs-up at the White House.

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.)
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) (Cliff Owen/Associated Press)

The audacity of this takes stonewalling to a whole new level. It used to be that if you wanted to “stonewall,” you would just keep quiet. But this administration’s cronies will plead the fifth, conveniently not find evidence, drag their feet, shrug, cry partisanship and expect people to just get over it.

So far, House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) has taken point in the investigation. Issa announced yesterday that he has issued a subpoena for the hard drive that the IRS claims irreparably crashed. He also subpoenaed IRS Commissioner John Koskinen, who will now face questioning from the House oversight committee next week. I don’t want to prejudge Koskinen’s testimony, but I have a feeling it is safe to assume he won’t know answers to many of the questions he is asked, won’t recall any specific details and, as much as he wants to “cooperate,” won’t be able to answer technical questions about Lerner’s hard drive.

The corrosive effect of this diminishes America’s legal authority and makes for bad politics for the Democrats in November. How can the Democrats defend these “lost” e-mails? Who in a competitive 2014 race can keep a straight face and say they believe this president’s claims? If I were a Democrat, I would take Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp’s (R-Mich.) good advice and support a special prosecutor.  It is the only way for Democrats to put distance between themselves and this grotesque violation of the public trust.

The need for a special prosecutor is obvious on many fronts. After all, the key witness has pled the Fifth. House oversight committee Ranking Member Elijah Cummings (D-Md.) declared “the case is solved and if it were up to me, I would wrap this case up and move on.” And we can’t forget the president’s definitive, premature pronouncement that there was not a “smidgen of corruption” in the IRS scandal. (Sidenote to the White House press corps: Someone should ask how exactly the president defines “smidgen.”) Maybe this “missing” evidence will be the straw that broke the camel’s back for the Democrats.

They say where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Well, this is more than just a little smoke – Washington is choking on it. Democrats should want the political cover of supporting the appointment of a special prosecutor. They will need protection from the guffaws, disgust and outright retribution that will follow this scandal to the ballot box in November.

Follow Ed on Twitter: @EdRogersDC

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2014, 05:27:35 AM »

rachaelsnav

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2014, 05:58:23 AM »
Until congress starts firing people and putting people in jail nothing will happen, same with Benghazi, NSA, Fast and Furious, Spying on Reporters...I am sure I am missing some other stuff. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2014, 06:44:59 AM »
Report: Lois Lerner's Hard Drive Has Been "Thrown Away"
Townhall.com ^  | 6/19/2014 | Katie Pavlich

Posted on ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2014‎ ‎8‎:‎26‎:‎29‎ ‎AM by Servant of the Cross

According to a report published late last night in POLITICO, the hard drive belonging to Lois Lerner where the IRS claims her emails to outside agencies and groups like the White House, Department of Justice, FEC, Democrat members of Congress, etc. were stored has been...destroyed.

Ex-IRS official Lois Lerner’s crashed hard drive has been recycled, making it likely the lost emails of the lightening rod in the tea party targeting controversy will never be found, according to multiple sources.

“We’ve been informed that the hard drive has been thrown away,” Sen. Orrin Hatch of Utah, the top Republican on the Finance Committee, said in a brief hallway interview.

So now the IRS wants us to believe Lerner's emails were only stored on her personal hard drive? And not on a backup server somewhere? Come on. Further, why is it that Lerner has emails to employees in the IRS, but her hard drive just happened to "crash" between January 2009-April 2011 and only on the emails to outside sources?

Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Darrell Issa didn't buy the excuse when the "lost" emails were announced late last week. Now he's implying the emails were deliberately made to disappear, which is a violation of federal law.

"If the IRS truly got rid of evidence in a way that violated the Federal Records Act and ensured the FBI never got a crack at recovering files from an official claiming a Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination, this is proof their whole line about 'losing' e-mails in the targeting scandal was just one more attempted deception," Issa said in a statement to Fox News. "Official records, like the e-mails of a prominent official, don't just disappear without a trace unless that was the intention."

Things just got a lot more criminal.

The latest news suggests such professionals may never get the chance to try again — and the IRS has even said its criminal investigators who specialize in rebuilding hard drives to recover hidden information from criminals were unable to restore the data back in 2011.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2014, 07:45:31 AM »
This administration is easily the most corrupt in modern history.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2014, 09:05:04 AM »

My knee jerk response when I read this was no, but I think you might be right.  Not good for the country.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2014, 10:21:45 AM »
 ;)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2014, 10:53:24 AM »
My knee jerk response when I read this was no, but I think you might be right.  Not good for the country.

I didnt start out an obama hater. I thought most of the stuff against him was made up or exaggerrated. Over time though it has become abundantly clear that a lot of what people had warned about  is playing out before our eyes and that he actually is an enormous threat to our country.

He truly is a left wing radical and he truly is trying to 'fundamentally transform' america. He is maybe the single best liar and con-artist in history.

Even when you do realise this, you STILL dont want to believe it..thats how good he is.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2014, 02:02:56 PM »
I didnt start out an obama hater. I thought most of the stuff against him was made up or exaggerrated. Over time though it has become abundantly clear that a lot of what people had warned about  is playing out before our eyes and that he actually is an enormous threat to our country.

He truly is a left wing radical and he truly is trying to 'fundamentally transform' america. He is maybe the single best liar and con-artist in history.

Even when you do realise this, you STILL dont want to believe it..thats how good he is.

Agree.  I wanted him to succeed his first term, but he showed essentially out of the gate that he is a garden variety dishonest ideologue.  No question he is dangerous.  Imagine how much worse it would be if he had Congress.

Regarding the emails, it screams of a coverup, and I rarely make that accusation.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2014, 02:06:28 PM »
Agree.  I wanted him to succeed his first term, but he showed essentially out of the gate that he is a garden variety dishonest ideologue.  No question he is dangerous.  Imagine how much worse it would be if he had Congress.

Regarding the emails, it screams of a coverup, and I rarely make that accusation.

I had a like a 2 second lapse of judgment wanting him to succeed.  Now I just want him to fly off to Kenya

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2014, 09:39:37 AM »

KOSKINEN TESTIFIES AT HOUSE HEARING ON TARGETING OF CONSERVATIVE GROUPS
Launch Live Player

Politics Home

Midterm Elections

Executive

Senate

House of Representatives

Defense

Judiciary

Scandals

Fox News First

Why the IRS scandal won’t die

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2014, 12:15:31 PM »
It is incredible that the hard drives that crashed were the ones that contained Lerner's emails. It was limited to her emails and anyone associated with this scandal. What happened to the servers? They don't back up anything at the IRS?

It's very convenient.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2014, 01:34:49 PM »
The real problem here isn't the emails sent from Lerner's IRS mail addy....you can comb through the other IRS employees emails to find a shit ton of those.  Problem is...she isn't stupid enough to use that email address for anything shady.   If you had her hard drive from her computer you could find out what email addresses she used from other mail services like gmail, Hotmail..etc...to conduct "off books" operations.     

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2014, 01:45:05 PM »
One of the top Republican congressmen was saying yesterday that there should NOT be a special prosecutor. According to him, it would turn it all into a closed-door affair that the admin would continue to stonewall and most people would simply forget about.
A

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2014, 10:46:32 PM »
Interesting to see so many democrats...the voice of the little man against the machine..licking the boots of the IRS because someone dared question them about their obvious obstruction of justice.

agenda21nwo

« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2014, 01:28:21 AM »
She will be given a very lucrative job, facilitated *quietly* through the white house, which will be "exposed" at a later date by some journalist, who will then be put on the terrorist watch list.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2014, 06:39:59 AM »
Interesting to see so many democrats...the voice of the little man against the machine..licking the boots of the IRS because someone dared question them about their obvious obstruction of justice.

Democrat party has conned most of the American public. The low information voter that turns out every 4 years to vote doesn't look past the facade  which is why morons like obamatheclown are elected.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2014, 03:26:29 PM »
Democrat party has conned most of the American public. The low information voter that turns out every 4 years to vote doesn't look past the facade  which is why morons like obamatheclown are elected.

What country kicked you out again, Dario?  C'mon, fess up.  

You've admitted that you're not a natural-born citizen of the USA already so I'm not sure why you're ashamed to admit which country you're from.

I'm guessing that knowing your home country would provide a lot of insight into why you're the fearful and humorless retard that you seem to be here on this board.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2014, 03:45:35 PM »

you should take a quick look at the Reagan Administration

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_administration_scandals

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2014, 05:47:36 AM »
"When we said we're giving you all the emails...we didn't mean we were giving you the ones we destroyed"   That..in a nutshell..is the current IRS line. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2014, 07:10:17 AM »
you should take a quick look at the Reagan Administration

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_administration_scandals

You should take your head out of your rear end. Reagan's administration were saints compared to the useless garbage you voted for.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2014, 08:42:16 AM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Rep. Gowdy tells the IRS why destroying evidence is bad
Human Events ^ | June 24, 2014 | John Hayward
Posted on June 24, 2014 9:56:46 AM EDT by don-o

The trick to keeping up with Obama scandals is to avoid letting today’s history-shredding world-in-flames foreign-policy disaster distract you from yesterday’s crisis of administrative incompetence and bureaucratic looting at the VA, or the abuse of power at the IRS before that. It’s interesting how the concept of “scandal fatigue” only bubbles from the media’s imagination during Democrat Administrations. Under Republicans, they link all the scandals together into a narrative, where they reinforce each other; a straight line would be drawn from Obama laughing about the lack of shovel-ready jobs in his trillion-dollar “stimulus” to Obama trying to wave off the VA scandal, or his White House pushing the myth about rogue low-level employees in Cincinnati being responsible for the IRS targeting of conservative groups.

But Obama’s press has grown, at worst, slightly exasperated with the endless cavalcade of ineptitude and fishy behavior pouring out of his White House. They let each new scandal reset the game board and erase whatever came before. Six years in, with Obama cratering in the polls, they’re starting to write stories about how exhausting all the Congressional hearings and searing agency audits are.

(Excerpt) Read more at humanevents.com ...