Author Topic: What's a good starter gun to protect the household? (bb related)  (Read 11908 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: What's a good starter gun to protect the household? (bb related)
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2014, 09:55:31 PM »
guns are not the answer you can get into problems shooting somebody ask zimmerman, now study krav maga and learn how to disarm people and take away their guns and study some mma for general fighting , also increase your steroid stack the bigger and stronger you are the less chance of people trying to start shit with you.

good points.
most important of all, is avoiding a gun battle. 

sure, if a dude is in your house, that ship has already sailed.  But dudes like zimmerman helped to create that situation.  Grabbing a gun and chasing a teenager thru the dark rainy night cause he doesn't like his looks.   Each day, millions of shootings are avoided when people just employ common sense.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2014, 10:10:12 PM »
Gimmick gun and pure bullshit that either the the .45LC or the (LOL) .410 will do anything but piss off a grizz. Have you ever seen a full grown Kodiak? FFS, I have a .454 Casull as an Alaska fishing sidearm and I don't even trust THAT. a .458 or better in a long gun. Better yet, call in a fucking air strike.

I use the 50/50 set up in my home and 45ACP in the forest with lazer. Only big blacks in our forest. I feel very safe with my noisey little Gimmick Gun thank you. Effective if you know where to point the lazer dot. I also have a 16 clip Ruger with a DU load on the other hip when Yogi is around. Wife has a 9mm in her purse and a 18" Savage 12ga. with slugs next to the bed.

Happyfishing/ hunting.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2014, 10:10:29 PM »
good points.
most important of all, is avoiding a gun battle. 

sure, if a dude is in your house, that ship has already sailed.  But dudes like zimmerman helped to create that situation.  Grabbing a gun and chasing a teenager thru the dark rainy night cause he doesn't like his looks.   Each day, millions of shootings are avoided when people just employ common sense.

its no secret that im a huge gun fanatic...but in real life when people ask me about a good gun for home protection i always tell them to get a large breed dog..

cause the untrained masses dont know how to use judgment in a gunfight..they dont know how to clear corners..they dont know how to use light...they sure as hell cant judge the angle of a shot in accordance to the backstop of a target...

bench

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2014, 10:23:54 PM »
its no secret that im a huge gun fanatic...but in real life when people ask me about a good gun for home protection i always tell them to get a large breed dog..

cause the untrained masses dont know how to use judgment in a gunfight..they dont know how to clear corners..they dont know how to use light...they sure as hell cant judge the angle of a shot in accordance to the backstop of a target...

bench

bench, I have an RPG-7 in every room in case an intruder gets past my perimeter claymores, you think that's enough for suburban white bread America?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2014, 10:34:22 PM »
bench, I have an RPG-7 in every room in case an intruder gets past my perimeter claymores, you think that's enough for suburban white bread America?
i think you are being downright careless with that weak ass firepower!

you MUST upgrade to carl gustavs, and have constant air support if you want to survive the occasional barking dog, or noisy ice cream truck!

bench

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2014, 12:45:48 AM »
Gimmick gun and pure bullshit that either the the .45LC or the (LOL) .410 will do anything but piss off a grizz. Have you ever seen a full grown Kodiak? FFS, I have a .454 Casull as an Alaska fishing sidearm and I don't even trust THAT. a .458 or better in a long gun. Better yet, call in a fucking air strike.

Like they never have hunted bears before high power cartridges? In fact, they hunt grizz even today with bows and arrows, and furthermore, when come fronting with the largest bear in the universe, I would prefer a gun which I can handle, not some fucking ego blaster. With bear, the point is never the caliber, it is your ability to put your bullets on the right place. If you are able to fire your gun empty to palm size group at 30 feet under 2.5 seconds, it is good gun for self-defense against wild animals. Anything less than that means you probably will be dead. For me it is 44 mag, .500 mag group is almost twice as big, even I shoot a lot of those.

What comes to the other advises to the poor bastard in bad neighborhood, it seem to me that there only one good solution. Buy the shotgun, because any other type of gun need lot of practice to use it. Pump shotgun with right ammunition is cheap, easy to use and reliable. Look for example hickok45 at the YouTube, you learn the difference between guns and ammo.  

Simple Simon

« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2014, 03:45:44 AM »
Look for example hickok45 at the YouTube, you learn the difference between guns and ammo. 

If someone needs to Google that then they shouldnt own a gun/ammo.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2014, 06:19:22 AM »
i think you are being downright careless with that weak ass firepower!

you MUST upgrade to carl gustavs, and have constant air support if you want to survive the occasional barking dog, or noisy ice cream truck!

bench

Dang....and I've spent the last two years building my own Ironman suit here in my basement.  ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2014, 06:32:37 AM »
I have carried a gun for 31 years and listening about some of the firearms suggested for home defense makes me wonder about where some of you people live.  Instead of investing in a laser AR-15 platform for under 3 yard indoor home defense plans  maybe you should invest in a moving truck and go to a safer neighborhood.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2014, 06:44:03 AM »

bench

Yep.  Guns are DANGEROUS.  People pray and spray and just act completely shocked at the damage they cause.  Imagine the average dude with a 30-round AR-15, emptying the gun into his door and wall, while scared shitless.  Killing unrelated shit all over the neighborhood. 

And a poodle can be just as useful as a large dog for keeping the home safe.  Granted, they can't rip people up as badly, but nothing gets past them.

And above all... people do'nt realie you don't HAVE to get into a gunfight most of the time.  People think "there's a threat, i have a gun, I guess it's time to start firing".  There are MANY ways to end situation without shooting.  Would I actually RUN for a punk ass, 120 pound twink with a 2 inch switchblade, 50 feet away, while I'm holding my weapon?  You bet your ass I would.  AVOID + NEGOTIATE before any kind of shooting.   Back off, run, and of course, give the guy verbal encouragement to end the confrontation.  I'd look like a total punkass, running from some little twink when I could legally waste his ass with a gun... but heck yes, I'm running and yelling for help and all that.  Avoid shooting if possible.  Too many people are eager for that shit.  "Can I shoot a guy if..." is the WORST question to hear in concealed permit classes.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2014, 07:04:42 AM »
Yep.  Guns are DANGEROUS.  People pray and spray and just act completely shocked at the damage they cause.  Imagine the average dude with a 30-round AR-15, emptying the gun into his door and wall, while scared shitless.  Killing unrelated shit all over the neighborhood. 

And a poodle can be just as useful as a large dog for keeping the home safe.  Granted, they can't rip people up as badly, but nothing gets past them.

And above all... people do'nt realie you don't HAVE to get into a gunfight most of the time.  People think "there's a threat, i have a gun, I guess it's time to start firing".  There are MANY ways to end situation without shooting.  Would I actually RUN for a punk ass, 120 pound twink with a 2 inch switchblade, 50 feet away, while I'm holding my weapon?  You bet your ass I would.  AVOID + NEGOTIATE before any kind of shooting.   Back off, run, and of course, give the guy verbal encouragement to end the confrontation.  I'd look like a total punkass, running from some little twink when I could legally waste his ass with a gun... but heck yes, I'm running and yelling for help and all that.  Avoid shooting if possible.  Too many people are eager for that shit.  "Can I shoot a guy if..." is the WORST question to hear in concealed permit classes.

Epic reliance on capital letters for emphasis.
Y

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2014, 10:10:08 AM »

If someone needs to Google that then they shouldnt own a gun/ammo.

So, when you are buying your first firearm, you should just go for it without any previous study or knowledge? Only an imbecile can be as stupid as that..

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #137 on: May 13, 2014, 05:39:32 PM »

I like what you are doing so far. 

However, you need a flamethrower for sure and it would probably be a good idea to add a Barrett 50 cal to deal with long distance threats.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2014, 06:27:44 PM »

bench
Finally someone said it. Despite some basic instruction, I wouldn't trust 99% of the population with a plastic spoon in a crisis situation. Everyone is Dirty Harry is his own mind -- until someone yells 'boo!' and all fantasies go up in smoke and a relaxed bladder.

Very few people have the dominating mindset, where they by default instantly act to take control of any situation. If you truly have this, then you already know this from unpleasant experience. If you dream about having this type of personality: you don't have it. Get a dog. Convert your bedroom into a bunker with bullet proof walls and door with solid jambs and deadbolts. Take up running. Organize your neighborhood to pay for extra security. Just forget about weapons.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2014, 05:18:49 PM »
Finally someone said it. Despite some basic instruction, I wouldn't trust 99% of the population with a plastic spoon in a crisis situation. Everyone is Dirty Harry is his own mind -- until someone yells 'boo!' and all fantasies go up in smoke and a relaxed bladder.

Very few people have the dominating mindset, where they by default instantly act to take control of any situation. If you truly have this, then you already know this from unpleasant experience. If you dream about having this type of personality: you don't have it. Get a dog. Convert your bedroom into a bunker with bullet proof walls and door with solid jambs and deadbolts. Take up running. Organize your neighborhood to pay for extra security. Just forget about weapons.

Great post

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2014, 12:02:49 AM »
If you dream about having this type of personality: you don't have it.

THIS!!  :D