Author Topic: Tim Sharky still ballin in Pattaya  (Read 12306 times)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Re: Tim Sharky still ballin in Pattaya
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2014, 08:22:07 AM »
the fuck you want to live in a shithole like Thailand for.

It's all relative.

I was just out to CDC in Lat Phrao -a relatively new area with lots of places to eat, drink and shop. We were at a pub called "White Beer'd" - wife & 2 kids and a Thai friend.

We sat outside listening to a decent band and I drank a Fullers ESB and a bottle of Bombardier - 2 London beers.

All very civilized to be honest. Not a hooker in sight.

Thailand is developing. Pattaya is still what it always has been. You can't polish a turd after all. Bangkok though - not a terrible place to live at all.

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2014, 08:22:47 AM »
living the dream in the red light districts of Thailand?   :-\

Precisely. It's not an STD when everyone has it. Living like a king on a budget that makes you a wage slave here in the states. Maybe this guy has it all figured out? Perhaps he decided to break free of the "system" we willingly imprison ourselves in? Perhaps I've had too much Starbucks and I sharted my bonobos inside my cage office? Who's to say who's the crazy one?

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2014, 09:35:32 AM »
"Patpong" (is that what it's called? haha i've never been there) probably has more losers per square foot than just about any other place on the planet.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2014, 10:04:04 AM »
"Patpong" (is that what it's called? haha i've never been there) probably has more losers per square foot than just about any other place on the planet.

Patpong = A rather tired, dated red light district of Bangkok. Not much to see there 'cept them dancing 'girls' with the boots on in Kings corner.
Pattaya = A shit hole of a city that used to be full of aging sex tourists with young gals. Now it's still the same shit hole but lots of Russians and younger guys - the old dinosaurs don't realize they are extinct yet.
Patong = the main beach resort of Phuket. Used to be nice pre-Tsunami but now is a shite hole. I mean a real shite hole. Doesn't look as bad as Pattaya - but this place has a real sting in the tail when it comes to police & corruption. A really nasty place.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2014, 10:16:40 AM »
never heard of that creep before

Be careful how you speak of your father.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2014, 01:12:44 PM »
They are having their bi-annual clampdown on visa runners right now.

Has to be a flight to a neighbouring country right now in theory.

But it is daft that you have to be 50 to retire.

I've read that the current crackdown has something to do with the fact that a couple of the passengers on that missing Malaysian plane boarded with passports that were reported lost or stolen in Thailand.  Don't know if there's any truth to that, though.

Pedro, I've heard that getting an education visa by enrolling in a crappy Thai language instruction school is now the easiest and cheapest way to get a visa to stay in Thailand for an extended (at least 6 mos) period of time.  Any truth to that?