Author Topic: Women to get paid "menstrual leave"?  (Read 7083 times)

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Women to get paid "menstrual leave"?
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2014, 01:18:08 AM »
would love to be your father

would love u to take many long business trips a year

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2014, 01:19:31 AM »
would love u to take many long business trips a year

haha... you win this one!!!  ;D

Uncle Junior

« Reply #52 on: May 23, 2014, 01:34:56 AM »
I know reality is a bit of a shock to you but its what real women discuss.
Whores are the only women you interact with and they would never talk about menstrual cycles.

If they did I would demand an immediate refund.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2014, 03:58:12 AM »
wtf is that? I was never given any option that you describe. No my uterus is normal... Lining is normal and no growths are visible. I had a scan and trans vaginal scan the other day. I am getting biopsies because after 35 they check you for uterus cancer here in Aussie if you have heavy bleeding and nothing abnormal present. It should get it back to normal I am told. The doctor thinks I don't have it but it's better to be sure. Plus they will give me a curette which will lighten my flow.

Here in Europe, when your menstruation is too heavy and too painfull you could opt for this treatment. They place some electrodes up there and give some electro shocks. After that monthly bleeding should be much less.
Came across this while searching (during PMS  ;D ) for hysterectomy...

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #54 on: May 23, 2014, 04:03:07 AM »
Shutup, lactic acid. You don't even know that you are actually potassium ions.

& I agree with bertha, no need for extra days. I've missed a FINAL project in school due to extreme women problems (cramps, vomiting, couldn't get out of bed), so I understand that sometimes things get so severe that you simply can't leave your home. In that case, a sick day will do. Plus nobody needs to know about my menstrual cycle.

Why should you get a paid sick day? 3-5 days per month 12 months/year?

Take the pill if it's that bad. I had to do a mock exam while recovering from pneumonia or I would have had to repeat the year because of required attendance levels. I could barely stay awake 3 hours/day or breathe but I sucked it up.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2014, 04:14:50 AM »
Here in Europe, when your menstruation is too heavy and too painfull you could opt for this treatment. They place some electrodes up there and give some electro shocks. After that monthly bleeding should be much less.
Came across this while searching (during PMS  ;D ) for hysterectomy...

Not sure if it's the same thing but the doc mentioned heating up the lining...he said it's like microwaving it.  I told him that was unnatural and there was no way I would give consent to this. 

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2014, 04:57:46 AM »
Yeah you should be able to call in sick just for being a woman 

::)

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2014, 06:22:17 AM »
Why should you get a paid sick day? 3-5 days per month 12 months/year?

Take the pill if it's that bad

It's not 3-5 days, mostly just one, sometimes two days. The day before and/or the first day of bleeding are the worst. And for most not even every month. If you're sick, you're sick. Some take a sick day for their PMS, some for their sport injury.

The pill is not that magical. In some women it can alleviate the pain, in some it doesn't. Didn't do much for me.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2014, 06:27:36 AM »
Yeah you should be able to call in sick just for being a woman 

::)

when you are changing your tampon hourly then it's best to call in sick. If I am working at a gym I can keep an eye on the time and quickly run to the ladies. But if you get held up then it's horrifying feeling blood running down your legs like a tap.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2014, 06:35:37 AM »
when you are changing your tampon hourly then it's best to call in sick. If I am working at a gym I can keep an eye on the time and quickly run to the ladies. But if you get held up then it's horrifying feeling blood running down your legs like a tap.

Tell me more, almost got a stiffie there

Purge_WTF

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2014, 07:01:42 AM »

And the rift between now and the time I really wanted to get married grows wider.

You can keep an eye on the clock and run to the ladies' no matter what your job is, unless you're an astronaut.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2014, 10:59:54 AM »
It's a fact of female life, but men rarely want to hear ANYTHING about some chick's period. Just keep quiet, and if you must discuss it, do so with another female, please.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2014, 11:34:06 AM »
It's not 3-5 days, mostly just one, sometimes two days. The day before and/or the first day of bleeding are the worst. And for most not even every month. If you're sick, you're sick. Some take a sick day for their PMS, some for their sport injury.

The pill is not that magical. In some women it can alleviate the pain, in some it doesn't. Didn't do much for me.

It leaves massive scope to be abused if it is a paid sick day. Once a month call up claiming "woman problems" whether you have bad pains/illness or not, take 1-3 days off and get paid, cry discrimination or some other bs if you get called out on it.

If women got equal pay and paid sick days, they are getting higher hourly wages for the less work. Equality  ::)

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2014, 11:39:50 AM »
I don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die!

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2014, 12:03:27 PM »
It leaves massive scope to be abused if it is a paid sick day. Once a month call up claiming "woman problems" whether you have bad pains/illness or not, take 1-3 days off and get paid, cry discrimination or some other bs if you get called out on it.

If women got equal pay and paid sick days, they are getting higher hourly wages for the less work. Equality  ::)

Dude we're saying just give us a normal amount of sick days.

Sheesh

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2014, 12:08:30 PM »
Dude we're saying just give us a normal amount of sick days.

Sheesh

Then the title is misleading. If it is 5 or 6 days a year, which is standard amount you're allowed in private sector here, fine, but if it is ever legislated as sick day and paid with a 20 or 30 day cap...

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2014, 12:31:01 PM »
Then the title is misleading. If it is 5 or 6 days a year, which is standard amount you're allowed in private sector here, fine, but if it is ever legislated as sick day and paid with a 20 or 30 day cap...

To clarify, bertha and I were arguing against these menstrual days off

Saying that a woman will just use normal sick days.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2014, 01:20:53 PM »
Here in the Netherlands we don't have a fixed amount of sick days, it is unlimited (well, up to 2 years). Granted, you get less payment after a few sick days. Payment and days vary per sector. Like only 70% payment if you are still sick after 2 days.

So, if you have a nasty flue and need to stay home for 2 weeks, you can do that. Your employer could send an agency over to check if you are really ill.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2014, 06:20:49 PM »
I have had to take a sick day if my heavy day of my period fell on a working day. This was while I was working at a pt studio and I would be booked solidly for 3 hours with no break. I couldn't get to the ladies to change my tampon. I think that's one of the reasons why I went back to working at a gym because I could have access to the bathroom and didn't need to take a sickie.

Plus there is a shower so that you can still receive chilidogs between "sessions."
K

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2014, 08:54:58 PM »
Then guys should get hernia leave. I worked for almost a year with an umbillical hernia that made walking uncomfortable and standing up from a sitting position painful. And it wasn't a desk or sit down job either.  You want to be equal, BE equal.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2014, 09:01:17 PM »
Then guys should get hernia leave. I worked for almost a year with an umbillical hernia that made walking uncomfortable and standing up from a sitting position painful. And it wasn't a desk or sit down job either.  You want to be equal, BE equal.

Had you had surgery to repair the hernia, you'd have been off on sick leave. BTW, women get hernias too.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2014, 09:02:59 PM »
I'd rather not have to menstruate just to get a day or two off from work.

Bertha Butt

• Getbig III
  • My happy pussy...
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2014, 11:31:48 PM »
I'd rather not have to menstruate just to get a day or two off from work.

Thank you. Just what teh bood and I meant; it's not a picknick.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2014, 01:39:33 AM »
Had you had surgery to repair the hernia, you'd have been off on sick leave. BTW, women get hernias too.
Of course I've had surgery. No so got zero paid time off.  Yes women get hernias ( much less but it's hard to pick an equivalent thing that guys get).  By the way, guys get painful cramps - not menstrual if course, but you get the point. Equal is equal and fair is fair.

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2014, 10:14:02 AM »
These cramps were on another level. No color in my face, couldnt walk without vomiting, couldn't escape the pain.

I have gotten severe migraines, been hungover, etc. Nothing is on the same level. I'm a tough bitch, trust my evaluation.

That being said, a woman should just be able to use her sick days. Menstrual days just emphasize that a woman is a woman...no preferential treatment required.

From my evaluation, only the week minded woman let a little PMS get to them.  And, lets not forget the countless woman that reject to take the basic supplements that lessen the symptoms or just front and back load the calender days with Midol and get on with their lives.. and, allow others to live theirs normally.

It would be similar to having a hypoglycemic guy on your construction site that would regularly bitch out and drag ass claiming the symptoms are getting the best of him..  No one, on this planet, would tolerate him regularly calling in sick cause he's feeling headachy and his tummy hurts.