Author Topic: Carl Froch vs George Groves II  (Read 5758 times)

Uncle Junior

Re: Froch vs Groves 2
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2014, 02:43:52 PM »
yeah I love boxing

having a poker party at mates house

8 of us

one of my mates got a vip ticket with night out in London thrown in was about 1k

What game you play? Holdem I guess?

Simple Simon

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2014, 02:47:37 PM »
What game you play? Holdem I guess?
And as if by magic he re-appears as though nothing has happened, has your mum just shoved some toast under your bedroom door and woke you up?

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
Re: Froch / Groves
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2014, 02:48:08 PM »
Nice. It's hard not to root for Froch. I'm glad he shut Groves up.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2014, 02:49:31 PM »
And as if by magic he re-appears as though nothing happened, has your mum just shoved some toast under your bedroom door and woke you up?

Never does with you.

And it didn't

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2014, 02:50:36 PM »
Pretty big KO. Never thought Froch had one punch KO power but he showed it there.
Groves needed a fast start but instead tried to make it cagey and outbox Froch - not a wise thing to do given Froch's superior jab and physical advantages.. 

Simple Simon

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 02:51:14 PM »
Never does with you.

And it didn't

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2014, 02:55:35 PM »
Pretty big KO. Never thought Froch had one punch KO power but he showed it there.
Groves needed a fast start but instead tried to make it cagey and outbox Froch - not a wise thing to do given Froch's superior jab and physical advantages.. 

Keep hearing it was some wonder KO, hopefully a youtube video will surface soon. Was only able to follow BBC live updates.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2014, 03:11:24 PM »
He fucking nailed him with a hard shot and the ref didn`t even give Groves an 8 count......just stopped the fight.

Groves walked wobbly to his corner.

Simple Simon

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2014, 03:12:12 PM »
He fucking nailed him with a hard shot and the ref didn`t even give Groves an 8 count......just stopped the fight.

Groves walked wobbly to his corner.
Controversy, rematch, rematch!!!!!   ::)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2014, 03:19:39 PM »
Controversy, rematch, rematch!!!!!   ::)
I didn`t watch any of the post-fight interviews,if there was even any televised,but i`d think they`d do another rematch since the stoppage of Groves both times was "controversial" or quick (no count given).....though I consider him lucky this time out as he got whacked pretty damn hard.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2014, 03:23:19 PM »
I didn`t watch any of the post-fight interviews,if there was even any televised,but i`d think they`d do another rematch since the stoppage of Groves both times was "controversial" or quick (no count given).....though I consider him lucky this time out as he got whacked pretty damn hard.

Froch

"I'm feeling unbelievably elated. This is the best moment in my boxing career. I've been involved in some magnificent fights with top, top world champions. This is by far the biggest and best crowd I've boxed in front of. I'm proud. George Groves should be proud. It was neck and neck in there. There was nothing in it. Sometimes in boxing it only takes one punch and unfortunately for George he was on the end of a very heavy right hand."

I showed tonight why I am a four-time champion of the world. Why I have defended it 13 times consecutively. The ending showed what makes someone elite for many years.
"The next opponent? Who knows, I will listen to my trainer Rob McCracken."

That was a great right-hander. I timed it perfectly. I was trying to close down George, at times the crowd were getting a bit bored but I was not going to force it. I was biding my time and I knew as soon as I landed it correctly, on the chin, on the jaw section of cranium it would be all over and it was. It must be the best punch I have ever thrown and landed in my life. It is not going to get any better than this. It was absolutely fantastic.
"George is very quick, he buzzed me a bit with a shot, so I had to take my time. I have 12 rounds in me, I executed my gameplan perfectly and there you have it, he has his leg wrapped around him and it was sorry sight for him in the end. He came in very confident, probably over-confident. I think it was a little bit deer in the headlights, but he brought it on himself."
"I would like to fight again. I think the way I took him out there, I was not in a war there. I would love to fight in Las Vegas."

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2014, 03:24:45 PM »
Thanks bro.  ;)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2014, 03:25:13 PM »
Groves:

"I am fine. It is boxing. Fair play to Carl, he caught me. I thought I was doing very well in the fight but it is boxing. I have to hold my hands up and I'll come back bigger and better and stronger.
"I feel like I let myself down but congrats to Carl, fair play. He got the punch and I congratulate him."

"It is boxing, the fights are hyped. I don't like or dislike any of my opponents. I'd love to come again. I was ahead on the scorecards until that point and I'll be pushing hard to get my world title shot and if Carl is still boxing maybe that will be against him.
"Yes (it's a learning experience). I'm young enough. I will learn and improve. I made a silly mistake. I left my chin open. All the imperfections need to be corrected. We'll come back stronger. It's back to the drawing board. We've got no excuses. Tonight is all about Carl, it's his night now."

Also, Froch proposed to his gf.... so a bad night overall for him.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2014, 03:26:37 PM »
http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/boxing/26873510

Sucks not mooching at my parents' house with sky sports, movies et al. Girlfriend out at a party, good thing I have wine to comfort me.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »
Groves was outboxing him badly early on,but got caught bigtime.

Simple Simon

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2014, 03:27:27 PM »
Groves:

Also, Froch proposed to his gf.... so a bad night overall for him.

just halved his earnings right there, hes going to be broke faster than Mayweather.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2014, 03:29:49 PM »
just halved his earnings right there, hes going to be broke faster than Mayweather.

Froch has a genetic advantage (white) to hold onto money better. Noone can compare to Jews though, superior money athletes.

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2014, 03:51:21 PM »
Glad Groves got beaten. Not particularly a fan of Froch either but you don't go around like Groves talking the way he did before the fight with no legit credibility as a fighter at all. He has never achieved anything in the ring - until he does he has not earned the right to talk big and play mind games like Mayweather or Ali.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2014, 03:19:40 AM »
Froch has a genetic advantage (white) to hold onto money better. Noone can compare to Jews though, superior money athletes.

I think Froch is off Eastern Europeon Jewish ancestry.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2014, 03:50:48 AM »
It was good to see it live. Lots of attention seeking celebrities in attendance. I was seated by the guard rail close to where the fighters had to walk to come to the ring and most people in my section were more worried about taking selfies than watching the boxing! I must have been one of the few who didn't give a shit about celebrities and didn't watch the entire event through my phone.

Pork_Chop

• Getbig III
  • Registered since 2003
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2014, 07:41:58 AM »

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2014, 10:31:57 AM »

nah she is a cool chick

carl is a really nice guy very down to earth
T

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
The mad Froch Groves hype
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2014, 01:59:54 PM »
all over the press, the news, people talking in the street about it. I wonder how long till a top MMA fight gets the same excitement, I think within 5 years. Two top Brits fighting for da world title in da cage, Wembley baby.

Simple Simon

Re: The mad Froch Groves hype
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2014, 02:02:10 PM »
all over the press, the news, people talking in the street about it. I wonder how long till a top MMA fight gets the same excitement, I think within 5 years. Two top Brits fighting for da world title in da cage, Wembley baby.

People were saying that 10 years ago.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: The mad Froch Groves hype
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2014, 02:03:06 PM »
It`ll never happen trust me on that.