Author Topic: Taliban releases Army soldier held for 5 years  (Read 4939 times)

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
Taliban releases Army soldier held for 5 years
« on: May 31, 2014, 09:52:48 AM »
SGT Bowe Bergdahl. I thought this guy was dead long ago, but he just got released in a prisoner exchange. He was held for almost five years in Pakistan.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-sgt-bowe-bergdahl-a-hero-or-a-deserter/

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
Re: Taliban releases Army soldier held for 5 years
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 07:43:47 PM »
We had to give up five senior Taliban leaders held at Gitmo to get Bergdahl back.

What would you do if one of these guys got on your flight? ;D

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 07:50:37 PM »
i thought the US doesnt bargain with terrorist ?  :o

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 07:51:21 PM »
We had to give up five senior Taliban leaders held at Gitmo to get Bergdahl back.

Chuckle....they weren't senior Taliban Leaders....more like a bunch of low level Gomer Pyles.  A kitten would put up a better fight than they would
A

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 07:55:24 PM »

Chuckle....they weren't senior Taliban Leaders....more like a bunch of low level Gomer Pyles.  A kitten would put up a better fight than they would

Chuckle away, Goodrum. The Pentagon classified them as senior leadership, but I guess you have the real scoop. ::)

According to a 2008 Pentagon dossier on Guantanamo Bay inmates, all five men released were considered to be a high risk to launch attacks against the United States and its allies if they were liberated.  

“They are undoubtedly among the most dangerous Taliban commanders held at Guantanamo,” said Thomas Joscelyn, a senior editor at the Long War Journal who keeps a close watch on developments concerning the detainees left at the Guantanamo Bay prison.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 07:57:56 PM »
How long before the US hit the explode trigger they implanted on them before releasing them

rooseveltdunn

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 08:27:44 PM »
I already know how this plays out...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 11:27:12 PM »
I already know how this plays out...

Claire Danes getting railed in a car?  I can dig it.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 11:42:38 PM »
Chuckle away, Goodrum. The Pentagon classified them as senior leadership, but I guess you have the real scoop. ::)

X

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 12:59:39 AM »

Fuck you.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2014, 01:00:35 AM »

Earl!?!  Welcome to the trailer park, Vince!

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 01:03:31 AM »
The press seems to be doing a number on this guy....

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 03:36:49 AM »

They classify everyone they capture as "senior membership"...or they say they "hold vital information" or some other bullshit.  The sad fact however is that most of the people in Gitmo were victims of Iraq contractors who were paid by the government to capture soldier who instead just went to farms and villages and kidnapped anyone off the street from goatherders to storekeepers.
A

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2014, 04:08:19 AM »
It looks like the soldier's father is a Muslim devoted to Sharia. I am sure that had nothing to do with it.

http://soopermexican.com/2014/06/01/father-of-american-soldier-freed-from-taliban-deletes-a-very-disturbing-tweet/

Oh, and Obama broke the law in not informing Congress. Breaking the law comes mighty easy to our commander in chief.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2014, 04:40:33 AM »

Let's see...the administration, the media and the Taliban all say these guys were "senior".

Goodrum says they were low-level. Who to believe, who to believe...

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2014, 04:46:09 AM »
I hope this kid goes home to enjoy Getbig and KFC.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2014, 05:16:35 AM »
Yes, "Gomer Pyle" indeed...  ::)

Mullah Mohammad Fazl (Taliban army chief of staff): Fazl is “wanted by the UN for possible war crimes including the murder of thousands of Shiites.” Fazl “was associated with terrorist groups currently opposing U.S. and Coalition forces including al Qaeda, Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan (IMU), Hezb-e-Islami Gulbuddin (HIG), and an Anti-Coalition Militia group known as Harakat-i-Inqilab-i-Islami.” In addition to being one of the Taliban’s most experienced military commanders, Fazl worked closely with a top al Qaeda commander named Abdul Hadi al Iraqi, who headed al Qaeda’s main fighting unit in Afghanistan prior to 9/11 and is currently detained at Guantanamo.

Mullah Norullah Noori (senior Taliban military commander): Like Fazl, Noori is “wanted by the United Nations (UN) for possible war crimes including the murder of thousands of Shiite Muslims.” Beginning in the mid-1990s, Noori “fought alongside al Qaeda as a Taliban military general, against the Northern alliance.” He continued to work closely with al Qaeda in the years that followed.

Abdul Haq Wasiq (Taliban deputy minister of intelligence): Wasiq arranged for al Qaeda members to provide crucial intelligence training prior to 9/11. The training was headed by Hamza Zubayr, an al Qaeda instructor who was killed during the same September 2002 raid that netted Ramzi Binalshibh, the point man for the 9/11 operation. Wasiq “was central to the Taliban's efforts to form alliances with other Islamic fundamentalist groups to fight alongside the Taliban against U.S. and Coalition forces after the 11 September 2001 attacks,” according to a leaked JTF-GTMO threat assessment.

Khairullah Khairkhwa (Taliban governor of the Herat province and former interior minister): Khairkhwa was the governor of Afghanistan’s westernmost province prior to 9/11. In that capacity, he executed sensitive missions for Mullah Omar, including helping to broker a secret deal with the Iranians. For much of the pre-9/11 period, Iran and the Taliban were bitter foes. But a Taliban delegation that included Kharikhwa helped secure Iran’s support for the Taliban’s efforts against the American-led coalition in late 2001. JTF-GTMO found that Khairkhwa was likely a major drug trafficker and deeply in bed with al Qaeda. He allegedly oversaw one of Osama bin Laden’s training facilities in Herat.

Mohammed Nabi (senior Taliban figure and security official): Nabi “was a senior Taliban official who served in multiple leadership roles.” Nabi “had strong operational ties to Anti-Coalition Militia (ACM) groups including al Qaeda, the Taliban, the Haqqani Network, and the Hezb-e-Islami Gulbuddin (HIG), some of whom remain active in ACM activities.” Intelligence cited in the JTF-GTMO files indicates that Nabi held weekly meetings with al Qaeda operatives to coordinate attacks against U.S.-led forces.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2014, 06:10:00 AM »
So this guy is a deserter who joined the Taliban?
And his crazy Muslim radical dad came up with this plan with his son with a view to making a trade for the release of the 5 radicals?

Fuckin unbelievable if true :o

More unbelievable that Obama has gone with it.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2014, 06:14:48 AM »
So this guy is a deserter who joined the Taliban?
And his crazy Muslim radical dad came up with this plan with his son with a view to making a trade for the release of the 5 radicals?

Fuckin unbelievable if true :o

More unbelievable that Obama has gone with it.

Pretty much. Obama has been looking for a way to release these Taliban commanders for a while as part of his "appeasement and surrender" plan.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2014, 06:21:26 AM »
Wtf 5 "high ranking officials" for 1 private first class?  These Taliban must be terrific negotiators.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2014, 06:23:54 AM »
Wtf 5 "high ranking officials" for 1 private first class?  These Taliban must be terrific negotiators.

A PFC that deserted. As part of UCMJ (art. 85), that carries a death sentence. What are the chances that the guy will see one fucking day in Leavenworth?

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2014, 06:26:23 AM »

I would ask if the beard is itchy.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2014, 06:35:36 AM »
SGT Bowe Bergdahl. I thought this guy was dead long ago, but he just got released in a prisoner exchange. He was held for almost five years in Pakistan.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-sgt-bowe-bergdahl-a-hero-or-a-deserter/
1US soldier is worth way more then all of the Taliban fighters combined.  As I see it they did a great job to get him home.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2014, 06:36:34 AM »
I hope this kid goes home to enjoy Getbig and KFC.
x2

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2014, 06:37:35 AM »
Those taliban won't live long.