Author Topic: True Adonis, I'm "calling you out"  (Read 5812 times)

Simple Simon

Re: True Adonis, I'm "calling you out"
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2014, 11:50:06 AM »
The only issue with baking big fucking cakes is you tend to eat it all.
Eating like that all the time you are going to end up fat.
Regardless of what Adonis says about keeping in a calorie deficit, if you keep eating cakes every week you have little room in your diet for anything nutritious.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2014, 11:56:52 AM »
I'm not a great cake guy but imo don't fuck with baking paper.  Swiping with butter or lard and then sprinkling liberally with with flour and knocking out the excess is a good bondbreaker and how it's been done since forever.  Teflon coated forms of every shape you'd want are common and cheap.

It's just like anything.  No one is born knowing how to do it. 

That's a another cool thing about baking tho.  It's not like fucking up the foie gras.  Screw it all up and you've probably lost less than a dollar.

No....baking is expensive. Butter, powdered sugar, chocolate, and nuts are all expensive, especially in large quantities

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2014, 12:02:41 PM »
Regardless of what Adonis says about keeping in a calorie deficit, if you keep eating cakes every week you have little room in your diet for anything nutritious.

That's why I had him bring the leftovers into work...everybody else gets fat  8)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2014, 12:25:22 PM »
Trust me on this, you or anyone can easily do it.

Definitely....bread is the easiest and even if you don't know how to cook, you can utilize the power of a slow cooker.  I made a nice slow cooked barbeque chicken the other day....just threw all the ingredients in along with a half cup of brown sugar, turned it on low and went about my day.  When I got back home, I had the perfect meal.

If you have the patience to learn, then use a Dutch Oven....otherwise you can't really go wrong with a slow cooker
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2014, 12:26:51 PM »
No....baking is expensive. Butter, powdered sugar, chocolate, and nuts are all expensive, especially in large quantities

Nuts, maybe.  The rest is basically free.  Knock up one with top grade stuff and another with supermarket label ingredients and ask people which one they prefer.  Anyway, I'm trying to talk Scotty into kneeding some dough.  

Unless you need solid chocolate chunks, use cocoa powder.  I think pretty much all chocolate is reconstituted from it anyway.  And you get to control the sugar content.

Simple Simon

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2014, 12:45:21 PM »
Nuts, maybe.  The rest is basically free.  Knock up one with top grade stuff and another with supermarket label ingredients and ask people which one they prefer.  Anyway, I'm trying to talk Scotty into kneeding some dough.  

Unless you need solid chocolate chunks, use cocoa powder.  I think pretty much all chocolate is reconstituted from it anyway.  And you get to control the sugar content.

Shoplifter outed.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2014, 12:54:27 PM »

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2014, 12:56:02 PM »

I'm sure most people can't tell the difference between different kinds of chocolate, but I certainly can. Some are waxy

Making bread would be very cheap. I make snickerdoodle cookies when im feeling cinnamony....or cheap!

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2014, 01:00:05 PM »
We oughta start a Getbig Baking Club.

I have been going over recipes for a few hours today and actually was reading a cookbook before I saw this thread!

Homosexuals engaging in a 'hostile takeover' of getbig. ::)

the trainer

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2014, 01:06:53 PM »
When I am in the mood for bake stuff I buy it, Every week I cook rice, brocoli, meat etc where do you guys find time to bake shit you must really live in the kitchen.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2014, 01:14:34 PM »
I'm sure most people can't tell the difference between different kinds of chocolate, but I certainly can. Some are waxy

Making bread would be very cheap. I make snickerdoodle cookies when im feeling cinnamony....or cheap!

Sure, hydrogenated vegetable fats with melting points above body temperature have a waxy mouthfeel.  These get blended with cocoa powder in place of cocoa butter to facilitate processing and transport and because they're a lot cheaper than cocoa butter.  Anyway, for most baking applications cocoa powder combined with a suitable fat like butter is fine imho and so much easier than melting chocolate in a bain marie.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2014, 01:28:05 PM »
When I am in the mood for bake stuff I buy it, Every week I cook rice, brocoli, meat etc where do you guys find time to bake shit you must really live in the kitchen.

Most purchased baked goods have an ingredient list a mile long....no need for all that stuff.

I'm not one to bake often, but gotdamn the cakes pictured in this thread look good

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2014, 01:29:53 PM »

Unless you buy from a specialty shop, it's so much better when you make it yourself  :'(

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2014, 04:41:20 PM »
Bullshit.  I do it every week and have a dessert made to eat every single day.  A massive slice is around 700 calories of any cake.  I am talking restaurant size.  That leaves you with a great deal of room for other foods.  I can eat up to 3000 calories and still be in a deficit so you see, I have 2300 calories to work with.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2014, 04:43:12 PM »
I'm not a great cake guy but imo don't fuck with baking paper.  Swiping with butter or lard and then sprinkling liberally with with flour and knocking out the excess is a good bondbreaker and how it's been done since forever.  Teflon coated forms of every shape you'd want are common and cheap.

It's just like anything.  No one is born knowing how to do it. 

That's a another cool thing about baking tho.  It's not like fucking up the foie gras.  Screw it all up and you've probably lost less than a dollar.
Sprayed Cake Pan, then Parchment, then Spraying the Parchment is standard procedure at the Culinary Institute for most cakes.  It depends on the type of cake being made sometimes as well. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2014, 04:46:59 PM »
I also made Carnitas this weekend.  My only mistake was not making 9 lbs of it.  :-\

Tonight I am going to make Shortbread Lime Bars with Coconut and a Milk Chocolate Glaze.  Something I have been working on for a while to get it to the perfection point.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2014, 04:47:25 PM »
I bake stuff sometimes.  Is this not allowed?

I get baked sometimes, does this count?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2014, 10:17:14 PM »
I get baked sometimes, does this count?

Light in your head & dead on your feet, Dr Watson!

Simple Simon

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2014, 10:24:16 PM »
Bullshit.  I do it every week and have a dessert made to eat every single day.  A massive slice is around 700 calories of any cake.  I am talking restaurant size.  That leaves you with a great deal of room for other foods.  I can eat up to 3000 calories and still be in a deficit so you see, I have 2300 calories to work with.   
a massive slice of that cake still leaves 3 massive slices, so a desert every day leaves 3 big portions, what do you do with all those?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2014, 10:32:51 PM »
a massive slice of that cake still leaves 3 massive slices, so a desert every day leaves 3 big portions, what do you do with all those?

Hes very wealthy.

Thowing 3/4 of a cake in the trash is no big issue.

He most likely throws all the cookware away as well, sends his servants out for more cookware.

Simple Simon

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2014, 10:33:55 PM »
Hes very wealthy.

Thowing 3/4 of a cake in the trash is no big issue.

He most likely throws all the cookware away as well, sends his servants out for more cookware.
I think thats the case, you couldnt eat a huge cake every day and keep in shape, its not happening.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2014, 10:43:06 PM »
I think thats the case, you couldnt eat a huge cake every day and keep in shape, its not happening.

Do you think he makes his servents talk in jive and act very traditional "house slave".... being the wealthy southern property owner that he is.

TO THE TRUE ADONIS ::::

Will the south ever indeed rise again?

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2014, 11:43:13 PM »

It's their hobby. You make time for doing what you enjoy. I enjoy reading so most of my free time is spent with my Kindle. Shizzo's is baking for his boyfriend.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2014, 12:34:22 AM »
Jezebelle gets the other half.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2014, 06:57:44 PM »

The only thing I could reliably make is a mess.  Not going to happen, but I appreciate the encouragement to try and should I ever do so I will let you know the outcome!