Author Topic: strangest stats ever steve dalkowski. fastest pitcher who ever lived  (Read 4405 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
 ::) threw a baseball through a wooden fence, one of his pitches tore a batters ear off.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
stat line was games= 158.        ip=697.         w=26.        l=62.          strikeouts=1099.        walks=1136.       era=6.15.       
F

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
I thought Aroldis Chapman had the fastest pitch on record.

Anyway, I read a study that showed that the shoulder breaks when a certain range of torque is applied.  To throw a fastball over 100 mph, it requires torque about that threshold.  Or something like that.  I may be using the wrong terminology, but the idea is there - throwing that fast eventually ruins the shoulder.
Y

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
I thought Aroldis Chapman had the fastest pitch on record.

Anyway, I read a study that showed that the shoulder breaks when a certain range of torque is applied.  To throw a fastball over 100 mph, it requires torque about that threshold.  Or something like that.  I may be using the wrong terminology, but the idea is there - throwing that fast eventually ruins the shoulder.

You're absolutely right.  This is why pitchers incorporate their whole bodies into a pitch and not just the shoulder.  The added momentum is intended to increase torque above the shoulder threshold.
A

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Anyone remember Tony Saunders from the Devil Rays? Strong armed, promising pitcher that shattered his humerus bone when he unloaded a fastball? Happened around 2000 or 2001.

You could hear the crack when it happened. It was sickening. He fell straight to the ground screaming in agony. Reason I remember that guy is because he was a local boy from around here in Maryland.

His career ended in that one moment throwing the heat...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Anyone remember Tony Saunders from the Devil Rays? Strong armed, promising pitcher that shattered his humerus bone when he unloaded a fastball? Happened around 2000 or 2001.

You could hear the crack when it happened. It was sickening. He fell straight to the ground screaming in agony. Reason I remember that guy is because he was a local boy from around here in Maryland.

His career ended in that one moment throwing the heat...
i remember that and when dave dravecky had it happen and he lost his arm, by the way steve dalkowski never made the pros those were his minor league stats.
F

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
i remember that and when dave dravecky had it happen and he lost his arm, by the way steve dalkowski never made the pros those were his minor league stats.

Yeah...Dravecky from the S.F. Giants. That was sad because he was coming back from cancer treatment in that arm. Don't know if he experienced chemotherapy treatment which may have weakened the bone marrow.