Author Topic: Is Metallica’s James Hetfield the New Ted Nugent?  (Read 9065 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Is Metallica’s James Hetfield the New Ted Nugent?
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 10:24:40 AM »
No problem with hunting.

If anything, it's more humane, on average, than how animals brought to slaughter are treated in most cases.

Yes, everyone can pull cases out of their asses where hunters took bad shots and wounded an animal. I've seen it, and I have zero tolerance for these buffoons.

That said, does anyone here know what it's like in an abbatoir? I worked in one as a summer job during university killing pigs.

If I were re-incarnated, I would much prefer to be reincarnated as a bear that gets shot by James Hetfield, than as one of those pigs I unloaded from the back of a tractor trailer, sent into a gas chamber while it was squealing for its life knowing it was about to die, bolt pistoled if it didn't die in the chamber, and hopefully mostly dead as I hung it from the achilles tendon to be sent into a steel rodded tumbler to burn and singe off its hair before being cut open.

Trust me...the images of an abbatoir at work would haunt you for all of your days. They do for me.

I trust most of you on this board eat meat.

Before you condemn what hunters do, go work for a week in a slaughterhouse, and after that, on a multinational-owned farm, to see how the meat you're eating was treated through its life and ultimatley, its death.

By the way, I don't hunt. I'm an archer, but only for competitive sport. I understand why people hunt. I understand there are humane and responsible hunters, and they outnumber the amount of idiots who hunt. Just as there are more slaughterhouses that run well than run poorly.

But I emplore you; see how animals for slaughter live, before you judge how cruel life is for an animal in the wild to be culled. Shelve your emotions, and look at it rationally with an open mind.

If you want to see cruelty, see how pigs are treated before the slaughter. Or chickens for that matter. Even beef cattle. You will gain a new appreciation for how sweet, by comparison, the life of a bear or moose or partridge in the wild is, even if it's life was ended by a bullet to the lungs.

Or, if you prefer, become a devout vegan and enjoy your time on your soapbox with justification.

That is the usual justification but I find it hard to take a hunter seriously when he's trying to present himself as an animal rights activist.  There's one!  BLAM.  

And while it's true that animals raised for slaughter live miserably and die horribly, it doesn't follow from that that hunting is therefore not cruel.  It's like the juicy who says that alcohol and tobacco kill tons of people, so he reasons that steroids are somehow not bad for him.  I doubt a jury would find someone not guilty of murder because a bunch of other people died more painfully on the same day.  These comparative rationalizations just don't hold any water.

I wouldn't debate a hunter who just said he like to hunt.  The world is a carnivorous place.  People kill shit.  I could see that.  I wouldn't personally enjoy killing an animal so I don't hunt but I couldn't tell someone else that he doesn't enjoy hunting.  

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2014, 12:13:45 PM »
Hunting and eating the meat is one thing but going out and killing an animal like a bear makes no sense to me.  He had better make a coat out of that bear

Once they ran out of Mustaine's old riffs they were finished.  ;)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2014, 12:14:51 PM »

I don't know, but I do know that James has become a PUSSY since he got sober in 2001/2002. He completely abandoned all traces of any aggression or anger in his singing since that time. He's become James "Light". I cringe every time he tries to SING his old songs, instead of trying to sound like the METAL singer he once was. This has nothing to do with aging or him "blowing out his voice". It all has to do with his new HAPPY attitude. He always smile while singing and sounds like he's on helium (in a Justin Bieber kind of way). You old school fans will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Let's not even talk about Lars Ulrich's piss poor drumming since 2003.

They're a joke now. They really should retire.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 12:45:23 PM »

I don't know, but I do know that James has become a PUSSY since he got sober in 2001/2002. He completely abandoned all traces of any aggression or anger in his singing since that time. He's become James "Light". I cringe every time he tries to SING his old songs, instead of trying to sound like the METAL singer he once was. This has nothing to do with aging or him "blowing out his voice". It all has to do with his new HAPPY attitude. He always smile while singing and sounds like he's on helium (in a Justin Bieber kind of way). You old school fans will know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Let's not even talk about Lars Ulrich's piss poor drumming since 2003.

Nailed it..
Well said sir...

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2014, 02:00:30 PM »

Im not a huge Metallica fan but even I see the differences.  I dont listen to a lot of their stuff but I've been know to crank Seek and Destroy and For Whom The Bell Tolls from time to time.
A

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2014, 02:08:44 PM »
I'm a fan of Metallica but this sucks.

What's the achievement in shooting an innocent animal, hundreds of metres away with a telescopic rifle just so you can pose in front of it?
Retarded. Can’t stand these clowns. >:(

Agreed and I enjoy owning and shooting guns.  I understand the need to hunt but what's the point in killing predators?  Kill prey (deer, rabbits, elk, birds) for food but to hunt predators (bears, tigers, lions) is a beta move. 

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2014, 04:29:46 PM »
I don't really know much about Ted Nugent except the shitting his pants story to avoid military service and also his reputation as an unbelievable jackass.
Some funny stories about him but one on reddit was that he brought his entourage to some restaurant really late as they were closing. Kept them all there overtime, insulted the server loads of times calling her a fat ass and making jokes so she'd hear him, etc. Then left without tipping a cent on a $1000 tab

edit: he was supposed to have been berating the waitress to the point she was bawling crying and was refusing to go back out to serve them, lmao what a kunt

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2014, 04:37:13 PM »
"It's not a crime to kill an elephant. It's bigger than all that. It's a sin to kill an elephant"
Peter Viertel: White Hunter Black Heart
c

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2014, 05:04:49 PM »
For Whom the Bear Tolls

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2014, 06:40:48 PM »
Hetfield used to create some of the greatest riffs in metal and now him and his band suck ass. Metallica has been one of metal's ultimate jokes for over 20 years.

Him blasting bears for sport is pathetic.

He should go back to 69ing with Lars.

Disagree...

Death magnetic was great.... Not puppets, etc but still very good.

Better than most of this new shit today with 7 string guitars turned down, with double bass triggers and overdubing every lead to sound like u can really play
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2014, 08:03:30 PM »
Death Magnetic was solid Metallica album. Still he should stick to making new music not killing bears.