Author Topic: Cant eat enough to grow....  (Read 6756 times)

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
Re: Cant eat enough to grow....
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2014, 11:56:11 AM »
Yes, exactly, when using tren I can gain literally hundreds of lbs of lean mass in mere months by standing in a field all day eating nothing but grass.

You're grassfed? Oh you fancy

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2014, 12:43:09 PM »

i dont know why so many people are anxious to grow in a calorie surplus, when they can lose fat, and grow in a calorie deficit instead.

i guess carrying around all that fat masquerading as muscle justifies in their own minds the necessity to do so.

for all the 'studies' and 'science' involved in this 'sport' there certainly are a lot of misconceptions, and ineffective ways of gaining tissue. you'd actually think given all the science and studies we have everyone would be walking around looking like shredded beasts, but this just isnt so.

wonder why that is. :D
b

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2014, 12:59:30 PM »

i dont know why so many people are anxious to grow in a calorie surplus, when they can lose fat, and grow in a calorie deficit instead.

i guess carrying around all that fat masquerading as muscle justifies in their own minds the necessity to do so.

for all the 'studies' and 'science' involved in this 'sport' there certainly are a lot of misconceptions, and ineffective ways of gaining tissue. you'd actually think given all the science and studies we have everyone would be walking around looking like shredded beasts, but this just isnt so.

wonder why that is. :D

It's like a mental disease. For 30+ years, I have subscribed to the "gain muscle only in caloric surplus" school. It is so hard to talk myself out of it. Even now, at the end of the day, I subconsciously add up my macros and if I feel protein-deficient, I will have a fucking protein shake at night.

It's a sickness, I tell ya!

When's the new book gonna be ready?

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2014, 01:46:22 PM »
If you mega dose, you can eat way more without getting fat and you'll also gain more muscle.You might die sooner, but at least you'll be dying for all of us.

Simple Simon

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2014, 01:52:49 PM »
If you mega dose, you can eat way more without getting fat and you'll also gain more muscle.You might die sooner, but at least you'll be dying for all of us.
Thanks for the broscience explanation.
Can you explain how Anabolic steroids stop you getting fat if you are eating excess calories?

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2014, 02:01:29 PM »
Thanks for the broscience explanation.
Can you explain how Anabolic steroids stop you getting fat if you are eating excess calories?

More drugs, particularly tren and hgh (the higher the dose, the greater the metabolism), will make things much more difficult to gain fat.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2014, 02:04:59 PM »
How can you possibly fail to eat enough when there is white rice, the perfect unbloofy energy source.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2014, 02:09:58 PM »
More drugs, particularly tren and hgh (the higher the dose, the greater the metabolism), will make things much more difficult to gain fat.

And the same with 'light' compounds like test, bold and dbol, even in low dosages. I needed to go up to 4000 in order to keep my weight and 4500 was the sweet spot for a slow weight gain.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2014, 02:14:10 PM »
And the same with 'light' compounds like test, bold and dbol, even in low dosages. I needed to go up to 4000 in order to keep my weight and 4500 was the sweet spot for a slow weight gain.

Yup, that's the truth.

Simple Simon

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2014, 02:32:39 PM »
That calorific amount is based on your muscle mass, BF% and daily energy output.

So, you can make gains by adding 500 cals per day.
Do you think you would gain any more muscle eating 1500 cals per day over the 4000?

Which is the basis of the thread.

swanzi85

• Getbig II
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2014, 02:48:17 PM »
That calorific amount is based on your muscle mass, BF% and daily energy output.

Do you think you would gain any more muscle eating 1500 cals per day over the 4000?

No but I like shiny objects and spartacus

Simple Simon

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2014, 02:51:27 PM »
No but I like shiny objects and spartacus
People with special needs tend to.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2014, 03:17:37 PM »
It's like a mental disease. For 30+ years, I have subscribed to the "gain muscle only in caloric surplus" school. It is so hard to talk myself out of it. Even now, at the end of the day, I subconsciously add up my macros and if I feel protein-deficient, I will have a fucking protein shake at night.

It's a sickness, I tell ya!

When's the new book gonna be ready?

me too bro. we ALL have been told what to do for so long and just took it at face value for so long when someone comes along and says, hey guys you don't need that many cals to create lean tissue, or you can create lean tissue in a deficit the first thing we are programmed to say given what we 'know' is not 'hmm wow that sounds interesting in going to try it' but 'IMPOSSIBLE!'

:D

it's funny cause I ran into this yet again w the creation of this training system. 'it's IMPOSSIBLE!' 'it won't work!' 

people need to stop being adamant that things don't work, and open their minds to new ways of thinking and thereby better themselves.

I'm working on it now dude. I'm excited to get it out. it's mind blowing- in the novelty of it all. it's going to bend minds. you'll be screaming 'its IMPOSSILE!' inside and that's what I want.

cause after you put it down and apply what I tell you, you'll have conquered the impossible.

b

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2014, 03:28:11 PM »
me too bro. we ALL have been told what to do for so long and just took it at face value for so long when someone comes along and says, hey guys you don't need that many cals to create lean tissue, or you can create lean tissue in a deficit the first thing we are programmed to say given what we 'know' is not 'hmm wow that sounds interesting in going to try it' but 'IMPOSSIBLE!'

:D

it's funny cause I ran into this yet again w the creation of this training system. 'it's IMPOSSIBLE!' 'it won't work!' 

people need to stop being adamant that things don't work, and open their minds to new ways of thinking and thereby better themselves.

I'm working on it now dude. I'm excited to get it out. it's mind blowing- in the novelty of it all. it's going to bend minds. you'll be screaming 'its IMPOSSILE!' inside and that's what I want.

cause after you put it down and apply what I tell you, you'll have conquered the impossible.

It would be great if there was a section specifically dealing with "low dose" gear users. We are a repressed minority.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2014, 03:34:17 PM »

There are various BMR formulas, like the great Harris Benedict equation, but the problem is that all of them are based on individuals who don't take certain medicines (or 'medicines', lol), so they can function as a starting point, but you prob have to increase your calls with at least 500-1500 (rough estimate) above those BMR estimations, depending on your compounds & dosages.

Drugs or no drugs, there's no need to heavy overeat, but again, there's a difference between a natural and an enhanced BMR.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2014, 03:41:00 PM »

You must be a monster and/or a construction worker.  4000 calories is quite a lot, to need to keep one's weight steady

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2014, 03:49:28 PM »
You must be a monster and/or a construction worker.  4000 calories is quite a lot, to need to keep one's weight steady

Only 210 here, about 10-12% bf, normal job, 4x weights & 1-2x cardio

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2014, 04:11:29 PM »
Only 210 here, about 10-12% bf, normal job, 4x weights & 1-2x cardio

Roughly my stats and my maintenance level is about 2500-2800 kcal/day. I don't think I could eat 4000 clean calories if my life depended on it.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2014, 04:19:38 PM »
Roughly my stats and my maintenance level is about 2500-2800 kcal/day. I don't think I could eat 4000 clean calories if my life depended on it.

3 rice meals, 4 oat meals, 4 eggs,  2 small shakes and a cup of cottage cheese makes 4500 kcals, it's not that hard for me. While cooking in the evening, I prep my other meals for the next day.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2014, 04:43:21 PM »
I don't think anyone needs to eat as much as 3,500 calories per day in order to grow muscle. You can grow fat on that number, but there is nothing that suggests that your muscle volume will increase.

Everyone has their physiological limits, the plateau that they will inevitably hit due to normal human growth capacity. Some will find that genes dictate how much they grow, while others will defy the laws of physiology by introducing steroids and growth hormone into the mix.

Naturals reach their limits after various years of training and proper dieting. They then graduate into hormone use and slowly, but surely will reach their limits as well. Those that push too hard, could end up causing problems for themselves. After all, there is only so much the human heart can sustain.

Hopefully, one of our resident experts in human physiology can chime in on this.

"1"

I maintain at 2700-3000 calories currently @ 73kg bodyweight...You would be surprised how many people out there need 4000+ just to maintain their bodyweight. "Fast metabolism" is bullshit as well, it's just about amount of muscle and intensity of your training. Deadlift two times per week, squat 4 times per week with high volume, olympic lifts 3x per week and your energy expedinture will go through the roof. Give me 4000+ and I will just get fat.

There are genetic wonders, very few of them, who just won't gain fat no matter what but for everyone else out there, it's a simple matter of how heavy your workouts really are and how much muscle tissue you carry.

Surplus depends on what you take, if you are natural or on hrt anything more than 300 calories surplus is an overkill. Train to get better in the gym - more sets, more reps, more weight and you will add muscle. Never focus on your bodyweight.

AlphaMaleDawg

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2014, 04:51:19 PM »

That's true too. All those factors play a role in metabolic rate. I'm only on TRT these days and I have more room for error with my diet than I did 40lbs ago natural.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2014, 05:22:39 PM »
It would be great if there was a section specifically dealing with "low dose" gear users. We are a repressed minority.

it will apply universally to everyone, juiced or not.
b

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2014, 05:23:22 PM »
would love to trade places with some studs ITT, I train 5x a week for 2 hours a session and weigh 230 but need to drop under 2000 to lose appreciable weight

maybe I should give the Jason Blaha 'can eat unlimited carbs' on tren theory a try, since it worked so well on his potato looking body

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2014, 05:30:30 PM »

Same here....205, lift weights 6-7x a week, cardio 4-5x a week, and I need around 2500 calories or so to maintain weight. 

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2014, 06:43:36 PM »