Author Topic: No college  (Read 17023 times)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: No college
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2014, 10:48:37 PM »
Hitting hard with something that ended some 25 years ago. Sorry, I don't like sitting on my ass and waiting for things to happen. I prefer to make them happen.
Atta, boy. Crush them.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2014, 10:49:42 PM »
Atta, boy. Crush them.

Yes, because unless you're CEO or working up the ladder, you're a waste of space who is unhappy and just dreading life.
X

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2014, 10:51:03 PM »
Yes, because unless you're CEO or working up the ladder, you're a waste of space who is unhappy and just dreading life.
2/10        Not bad.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2014, 10:54:05 PM »

What's a dead end job? My dad drove a truck for 38 years and supported his family. He never become the owner of his company but he was happy doing what he was doing. He supported a family. Food on the table, nice house, all bills paid. Are you saying that my pops wasn't happy because he was in a dead end job and never went up the ladder. Go fuck yourself, you rick entitled prick who looks down on others because they never become CEO.

I'm by no means rich but I sure as hell am not against trying to get there. Your father is a hard working man and I admire that. He raised you and your family just fine and I admire that. But your father was probably paid by a rich man. Like I said, some people are happy and make a fine living without being an owner and not wanting the hassles of owning the business, but others are willing to have that risk/reward to be less expendable and have more. My father was a landscaper (business owner) and my mom worked in the corporate office at AVON, I by no means came from money but i have always wanted a little more.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2014, 10:55:44 PM »

What's a dead end job? My dad drove a truck for 38 years and supported his family. He never become the owner of his company but he was happy doing what he was doing. He supported a family. Food on the table, nice house, all bills paid. Are you saying that my pops wasn't happy because he was in a dead end job and never went up the ladder. Go fuck yourself, you rick entitled prick who looks down on others because they never become CEO.

Likewise, my stepdad had an 8th grade education and a ton of ambition. He was a painting contractor by trade who made an excellent living. He enjoyed his work and the freedom being his own boss provided him to pursue other interests. As far as being educated, he was self-educated. He was a voracious reader, who had keen commonsense and an open mind which allowed him to glean knowledge from others. All this being said, he was a rarity, even in his day. Very few people with little more going for them than ambition enjoy the success he did.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2014, 10:59:32 PM »
I'm by no means rich but I sure as hell am not against trying to get there. Your father is a hard working man and I admire that. He raised you and your family just fine and I admire that. But your father was probably paid by a rich man. Like I said, some people are happy and make a fine living without being an owner and not wanting the hassles of owning the business, but others are willing to have that risk/reward to be less expendable and have more. My father was a landscaper (business owner) and my mom worked in the corporate office at AVON, I by no means came from money but i have always wanted a little more.

No fucking shit he was paid by a rich man. I am not saying that the world does not need rich people. Are you too dense to realize that I am not saying that? The argument I am making is that just because someone is a CEO and millionaire, it does not mean they are happier or a more hard worker compared to someone who is just a manual laborer.

In fact, my father owned 2 businesses when we were growing up (and they were doing quite well). He sold them because they were consuming too much of him and he wanted to spend more time with his family. So he sold them off.

So before you go fucking assume that someone is where they are at because they are lazy and did not want to work hard, you should fucking think again. There are a lot of reasons why people do what they do. Instead of acting like you have some fucking crystal ball and youre calling all these people lazy, you should use that lump three feet above your ass.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2014, 11:06:16 PM »
No fucking shit he was paid by a rich man. I am not saying that the world does not need rich people. Are you too dense to realize that I am not saying that? The argument I am making is that just because someone is a CEO and millionaire, it does not mean they are happier or a more hard worker compared to someone who is just a manual laborer.

In fact, my father owned 2 businesses when we were growing up (and they were doing quite well). He sold them because they were consuming too much of him and he wanted to spend more time with his family. So he sold them off.

So before you go fucking assume that someone is where they are at because they are lazy and did not want to work hard, you should fucking think again. There are a lot of reasons why people do what they do. Instead of acting like you have some fucking crystal ball and youre calling all these people lazy, you should use that lump three feet above your ass.

And again, I clarified that running a business is for some and not for others. Fuck.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2014, 11:08:16 PM »
And again, I clarified that running a business is for some and not for others. Fuck.

Yeah, that was AFTER you made all of your derogatory comments and I melted down.

X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2014, 11:46:36 PM »
You just don't aim to be the trade laborer but aim to be the trade owner (contractor). I know MANY successful contractors that have no college that make just as much as a seasoned doctor or attorney with large practices or firms. These people have a great business sense that didn't require a degree. The problem is people aim too low in life.

Besides the anti-capitalists on here (no, not SF1900) did anyone else take offense to this quote? How did it come off. I'm actually catching some shit for this.  

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2014, 12:07:40 AM »
Besides the anti-capitalists on here (no, not SF1900) did anyone else take offense to this quote? How did it come off. I'm actually catching some shit for this.  

I don't see why this would cause a meltdown  ???

Some people have more ambition than others, simple.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2014, 12:11:36 AM »
Not at all, if their happy with the status quo then more power to them. Nothing wrong with that. But if they aim higher, it's there for the taking. It all depends on how hard you're willing to work and what your goals are.

Was this an offensive quote??

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2014, 12:14:04 AM »
I don't see why this would cause a meltdown  ???

Some people have more ambition than others, simple.

I come from probably the same middle class background as sf1900 and I wasn't offended at all.

It was probably the part where you said "It all depends on how hard you're willing to work".

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2014, 12:14:28 AM »
I will address this more to you In person because of the nature of our friendship in our past discussions. But to put this in layman's terms, are you happy being in a dead end job and reaching your maximum potential for advancement?  

.....or is this offensive?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2014, 12:16:02 AM »
For the record, I come from a middle class, blue collar family.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2014, 12:47:08 AM »
How do you explain people like Queen Vissy and Vincent Goodrum C.F.M, M.F.T, A.S.S? They both came from very humble beginnings with little or no formal education at all.

Vissy runs his own hair salon mobile home trailer and Goodrum has an online supplement store and his own internet forum.

I guess maybe people like them and Richard Branson are the exception...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2014, 01:01:25 AM »
How do you explain people like Queen Vissy and Vincent Goodrum C.F.M, M.F.T, A.S.S? They both came from very humble beginnings with little or no formal education at all.

Vissy runs his own hair salon mobile home trailer and Goodrum has an online supplement store and his own internet forum.

I guess maybe people like them and Richard Branson are the exception...

LMAO!!! ;D ;D
X

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2014, 02:27:31 AM »
A truly educated person will have studied Science, English, Literature, Mathematics, History, Music, Art.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2014, 02:28:40 AM »
A truly educated person will have studied Science, English, Literature, Mathematics, History, Music, Art, and Bodybuilding.

Fixed  :D

Bodybuilding is one of the seven liberal arts.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2014, 02:42:59 AM »
A truly educated person will have studied Science, English, Literature, Mathematics, History, Music, Art, and Bodybuilding.
Fixed  :D

Bodybuilding is one of the seven liberal arts.
This is actually truer than you realize.

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2014, 06:56:23 AM »
Was this an offensive quote??

Don't see why one would take offense to it

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2014, 07:03:10 AM »
sf1900 doesn't take kindly to disrespect. not on the internet, not in person, not in a grocery store parking lot, not in like at walmart, not in a restaurant, not at the beach, not at the dry cleaners... anywhere.

ppl talk about the 'pussyfication' of America, yet they run their mouths thinking they won't get slapped and get their arm broken in front of their friends.

spent many yrs in a place where if you talk slick and say something out of line to somebody, you know that when you say it, you better be ready for what happens. most ppl here in the 'real world', aren't ready for what could happen.. and run their mouths like the world is a make believe cartoon. despite wearing nice slacks, polished shoes and a nice shirt, the guy you steal that parking spot from at the grocery store and proceed to flip off, may have just gotten out of prison and will have no problem identifying they bitch in you and proceed to teach you a lesson by taking you down to the ground and kicking out your teeth before you even know what happened.

the guy who's willing to go the furthest, wins. if you're not willing to go all the way, it's best you keep your mouth shut and move on, and make it to the next day.

x2 this really says it all

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2014, 08:24:38 AM »
I woke up this morning still baffled as to how any of my recent posts in this thread could have misconstrued as offensive. Maybe we should just shoot any motivational speaker, any coach, any teacher that tries to light a fire under anyone's ass to do better and succeed beyond their potential. Hell, kids are graduation this week all over the country. Maybe high schools and universities should just do away with all commencement speakers.....

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2014, 09:37:09 AM »
For the record, I come from a middle class, blue collar family.

My grandparents were professionals. My paternal grandfather was a dental surgeon and later a dean of a highly regarded dental school. My maternal grandfather was an attorney. He graduated from Harvard law school and had license to practice law in pretty much every state. My father was a structural engineer who chose to work in other fields. My stepdad was a painting contractor who put on a paint uniform most days when he went to work. As for the women in my family, my maternal grandmother taught French (she was French). My paternal grandmother was a homemaker. My mom worked occasionally in a variety of jobs. After I was grown, she became a nurse.

I would say I come from both a blue and white collar background. As far as I can tell there isn't much difference between white and blue collar folks except those they self impose and sometimes their finances. I worked for a living all my adult life in a mixture of blue and white collar jobs. Money has never been hugely important to me.

My wife's family was all white collar. Her mom played bridge and told the maid what she wanted her to fix for dinner. Her father and his brothers were in minerals....namely oil, as were my wife's grandparents. Clearly, I married up.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2014, 11:13:22 AM »
My grandparents were professionals. My paternal grandfather was a dental surgeon and later a dean of a highly regarded dental school. My maternal grandfather was an attorney. He graduated from Harvard law school and had license to practice law in pretty much every state. My father was a structural engineer who chose to work in other fields. My stepdad was a painting contractor who put on a paint uniform most days when he went to work. As for the women in my family, my maternal grandmother taught French (she was French). My paternal grandmother was a homemaker. My mom worked occasionally in a variety of jobs. After I was grown, she became a nurse.

I would say I come from both a blue and white collar background. As far as I can tell there isn't much difference between white and blue collar folks except those they self impose and sometimes their finances. I worked for a living all my adult life in a mixture of blue and white collar jobs. Money has never been hugely important to me.

My wife's family was all white collar. Her mom played bridge and told the maid what she wanted her to fix for dinner. Her father and his brothers were in minerals....namely oil, as were my wife's grandparents. Clearly, I married up.

Good Post Jay.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2014, 12:18:38 PM »
SF layin' down some logical arguments here