Author Topic: No college  (Read 16856 times)

the trainer

No college
« on: June 10, 2014, 05:34:23 AM »
I did not go to college in fact I did not even do great in high school cause I had no interest, the funny thing is  now I am making more money then a lot of my friends who went to college and  got their degrees, now they are stuck with student loans that they got to pay off while I am debt free, the education system is nothing but a rip off.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
Re: No college
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 05:37:33 AM »
I did not go to college in fact I did not even do great in high school cause I had no interest, the funny thing is  now I am making more money then a lot of my friends who went to college and  got their degrees, now they are stuck with student loans that they got to pay off while I am debt free, the education system is nothing but a rip off.

We all had figured that out when you first posted here.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 06:02:27 AM »
Most degrees are useless but in today's society they are the high school diploma of years past. Employers look down upon you unless you have the same 4 year useless college degree they have. 

You should look at college as a trade school. If that diploma doesn't say you are employable in a trade it's a waste of time. You can always continue to go to school and become a college professor to make money with your other wise useless degree.

My barber who is about 30 years old says he makes close to a $100 dollars an hour in busy times between payment and tips. My friend the pizza shop owner drives a Mercedes and lives in a fantastic large house.  On a Friday and Saturday he has 4 guys making pizzas and they are zipping out of there as fast as they make them. On a side note in Jersey, chain pizza restaurants like Domino are laughed at while real Italian pizza shops make money. Another friend puts in fancy counter tops. He has a license to print money. A cop down the block has a base salary of 130K. With over time he is over 150K. None of these guys went to college.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 06:36:04 AM »
Translation: I make $75K +/- a year, and think I am a baller because my friends all make around $40K.  Congrats bro. ::)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 06:56:15 AM »
Translation: I make $35K +/- a year, and think I am a baller because my friends all make around $10/hour.  Congrats bro. ::)

FIFY.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 07:00:58 AM »
i'll never forget... I'm a year from graduating with my BS degree... I mapped out two paths...

1) Stay in the elementary education program, finish in a year and be a teacher.
2) change to business major, go to school over summer too, and finish in a year.

I realized teaching wasn't for me, so I went to my advisor (in the college of education, of course) and told him my plan to change to business.  "Oh no, just finish really quick, then go get your MBA (not mentioning the pre-reqs).  He fooled my naive ass into staying and wasting so much more time going that path.  Ended up teaching for a few years as a result. 

Any of you college getbiggers, if you want to make a change, you do it... tell the advisor to shove it.  They're salesman, selling pieces of paper.  Sure, the paper is useful many times, but just remember their motivation while giving advice.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 07:05:11 AM »
I did not go to college in fact I did not even do great in high school cause I had no interest, the funny thing is  now I am making more money then a lot of my friends who went to college and  got their degrees, now they are stuck with student loans that they got to pay off while I am debt free, the education system is nothing but a rip off.

I know now and have known several folks that have had much success without any education early in their careers.   I actually exist in an unusual circle of folks in which this is the case for many folks (I know more of the exceptions than the norm), but it's allowed me to see the "before and after" effects.   I see my current friends in their early 40s thriving....killing it actually....with no education.  They have big homes, nice cars, vacations, all the toys, etc.....   I see my aunts and uncles that did the same 25-30 years ago that are now broke and almost homeless because the industry they existed in shifted (or no longer exists) and their skills don't match up with current standards and they had no formal education to build off of or fall back on.  Basically their early success and experience became null and void and now they can't find good work.....anywhere.

Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones that never encounters this, but from what I've seen early career success with no education typically ends up with nothing to show for it as retirement age looms.  It's awesome now and you giggle at those "suckers" that went to school, but the suckers tend to be far more stable and consistent while the early success stories founded on zero education are no longer successful.  Believe me, I've seen the pattern from beginning to end repeatedly now although hopefully you'll escape the trend.....I actually like success stories.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 07:05:22 AM »
Somethings you canīt learn in School or college... just animal cunning. A lot of Celebrities or millionares were not very Educated. I think in School i could have been better but social circumstances got in the way, no not an excuse. i educated myself later on in life. not really much i did not learn for myself but as pointed out itīs just papers ;)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 07:11:24 AM »

Going to college and getting good education is not just about money you uneducated retard.
S

the trainer

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 07:15:18 AM »
Going to college and getting good education is not just about money you uneducated retard.

Once you know how to read and write and you have street smarts that is all you need to be successful in life.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 07:16:31 AM »
Once you know how to read and write and you have street smarts that is all you need to be successful in life.

I don't take kindly to disrespect. not on the internet, not in person, not in a grocery store parking lot, not in like at walmart, not in a restaurant, not at the beach, not at the dry cleaners... anywhere.

ppl talk about the 'pussyfication' of America, yet they run their mouths thinking they won't get slapped and get their arm broken in front of their friends.

spent many yrs in a place where if you talk slick and say something out of line to somebody, you know that when you say it, you better be ready for what happens. most ppl here in the 'real world', aren't ready for what could happen.. and run their mouths like the world is a make believe cartoon. despite wearing nice slacks, polished shoes and a nice shirt, the guy you steal that parking spot from at the grocery store and proceed to flip off, may have just gotten out of prison and will have no problem identifying they bitch in you and proceed to teach you a lesson by taking you down to the ground and kicking out your teeth before you even know what happened.

the guy who's willing to go the furthest, wins. if you're not willing to go all the way, it's best you keep your mouth shut and move on, and make it to the next day.
S

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 07:36:02 AM »

That_Dude

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 07:58:44 AM »
I know now and have known several folks that have had much success without any education early in their careers.   I actually exist in an unusual circle of folks in which this is the case for many folks (I know more of the exceptions than the norm), but it's allowed me to see the "before and after" effects.   I see my current friends in their early 40s thriving....killing it actually....with no education.  They have big homes, nice cars, vacations, all the toys, etc.....   I see my aunts and uncles that did the same 25-30 years ago that are now broke and almost homeless because the industry they existed in shifted (or no longer exists) and their skills don't match up with current standards and they had no formal education to build off of or fall back on.  Basically their early success and experience became null and void and now they can't find good work.....anywhere.

Maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones that never encounters this, but from what I've seen early career success with no education typically ends up with nothing to show for it as retirement age looms.  It's awesome now and you giggle at those "suckers" that went to school, but the suckers tend to be far more stable and consistent while the early success stories founded on zero education are no longer successful.  Believe me, I've seen the pattern from beginning to end repeatedly now although hopefully you'll escape the trend.....I actually like success stories.

Great post. Education = stability and career movement/options. No education works if you plan to do one job or stay with one employer for you entire life. Don't forget someone who went to college can do what someone who did not attend college does, but in terms of employment the inverse is not true.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 08:27:03 AM »
Look around at who is hiring, what education they require, and what they pay. If they have xtra training/education on the job even better. Then take a look at yourself. Your clothing, exposed ink, facial jewelry, your speech, vocabulary, good manners, etc. Do they fit the industry you are drawn to. Ask..."Why would they hire me?"

My X GF had a wanna be gangsta son, unemployed, spoke 'street' but knew proper English, dressed sloppy, poor posture, shook old school style hands like a girl, but wanted enough money to get his own pad, get a car and a GF. I showed him how to dress and present himself like a serious young man to the grant dept. at a school who taught medical records keeping. He got his gov. grant and finished the school with an AA equiv. degree. He now proudly works in the medical industry. If he keeps his nose clean, puts in the time he will in 10 years been running a major hospital records dept. and earning $100k per year.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 08:35:13 AM »
Here's the key to a college education.... (Very Simple)

Pick a career path that has a substantial demand in the workforce and that has proven security.

Medicine (Doctor, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Dentists, Pharmacists, Podiatrists, Nurses, Chiros etc.)

Business (Accountants)

Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical etc.)

Law (Lawyers practicing law in the most demanding areas)

Education (Teachers, regardless of age, Professor track would be nice, but early education is just as good)

You get the idea. Stick to a career-path that has a very high demand in society and you should graduate with decent-good work prospect and with a set path to not only pay off your loans, but also attaining financial independence.

If you have the financial support from wealthy parents, maybe even a trust fund in place, go ahead and knock yourself out getting a degree in Art, Political Science (those that don't go to Law School), Marketing, Philosophy, Sociology, Literature, Acting etc. (Feel free to add more to that list)

It's a hard economy. You either go with a tried and proven career track or don't waste your money and future at an expensive college. There are always state and city colleges that will provide you with a solid education at a fraction of the cost of big name universities.

Best of luck,

"1"

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 08:42:24 AM »

Pick a career path that has a substantial demand in the workforce and that has proven security.

Medicine (Doctor, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Dentists, Pharmacists, Podiatrists, Nurses, Chiros etc.)

Business (Accountants)

Education (Teachers, regardless of age, Professor track would be nice, but early education is just as good)

You get the idea. Stick to a career-path that has a very high demand in society and you should graduate with decent-good work prospect and with a set path to not only pay off your loans, but also attaining financial independence.

If you have the financial support from wealthy parents, maybe even a trust fund in place, go ahead and knock yourself out getting a degree in Art, Political Science (those that don't go to Law School), Marketing, Philosophy, Sociology, Literature, Acting etc. (Feel free to add more to that list)

It's a hard economy. You either go with a tried and proven career track or don't waste your money and future at an expensive college. There are always state and city colleges that will provide you with a solid education at a fraction of the cost of big name universities.

Best of luck,

"1"
GOOD POST AND TRUE

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 08:45:41 AM »

Business (Accountants)

Best of luck,

"1"

Yes

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2014, 08:45:44 AM »
If he keeps his nose clean, puts in the time he will in 10 years been running a major hospital records dept. and earning $100k per year.

So according to GB he will be earning nothing.   ;D

the trainer

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2014, 09:00:18 AM »
A lot of people are in successful jobs and make a lot of money but they hate the job and its not what they really want to do but they stay because the money is good, I would never want to live like that I got to love what I am doing, I think if you make enough so you can own a home and a car and put away some savings for retirement and you love the job you will be a lot happier even if you are not a multimillioniare.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2014, 09:00:56 AM »
Also, don't get me wrong.

You can decide to not go to college and still become successful. If you have a novel idea that presents a service or product into the market that has been untapped by others, you can very well start an extremely successful business, which can either expand to build an empire or be sold off to investors that can potentiate its growth.

I have a few friends out west (California) that were entrepreneurs who skipped college all together and are now owners of various franchises making millions.

"1"

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2014, 09:02:33 AM »
College, especially in Cali are now turning into Asian learning centers.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2014, 09:11:06 AM »
College is worth it's weight in gold just for the amount of pussy that is served up on a platter...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2014, 09:20:42 AM »
College is worth it's weight in gold just for the amount of pussy that is served up on a platter...
;D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2014, 09:22:52 AM »

It seemed that all the hot chicks I saw when in high school were in college and all the hot chicks after college when to college but while at college I didn't see many at all.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2014, 09:29:29 AM »
I don't take kindly to disrespect. not on the internet, not in person, not in a grocery store parking lot, not in like at walmart, not in a restaurant, not at the beach, not at the dry cleaners... anywhere.

ppl talk about the 'pussyfication' of America, yet they run their mouths thinking they won't get slapped and get their arm broken in front of their friends.

spent many yrs in a place where if you talk slick and say something out of line to somebody, you know that when you say it, you better be ready for what happens. most ppl here in the 'real world', aren't ready for what could happen.. and run their mouths like the world is a make believe cartoon. despite wearing nice slacks, polished shoes and a nice shirt, the guy you steal that parking spot from at the grocery store and proceed to flip off, may have just gotten out of prison and will have no problem identifying they bitch in you and proceed to teach you a lesson by taking you down to the ground and kicking out your teeth before you even know what happened.

the guy who's willing to go the furthest, wins. if you're not willing to go all the way, it's best you keep your mouth shut and move on, and make it to the next day.