Author Topic: Do lateral raises really develop the mid delts?  (Read 4735 times)

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
Re: Do lateral raises really develop the mid delts?
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2014, 02:18:39 AM »
played with that too done from front and pinned to sides as well ,,yeah 35's is most,40's I look like a car accident all over the place,taxes the shit out of your joints/cuffs.when I see pro's swinging 60/70's god bless them but it looks like a front raise by the time there done swinging them..
That light? I was feeling terrible because I'm not consistently using the 32 kg dumbells for 15 reps.  :-[

Heaving seems to work for me, but with one important tweak: I always try to pause at the top of every rep. Even if it is just for a millisecond. No [attempt at] pause = no growth, just swinging.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2014, 02:23:18 AM »
My go to exercise for side delts is behind the back laterals.........much better stretch of the lateral head in the bottom position.

I can totally isolate my side delts..............most go way too heavy and then complain that they lack width.

Go as heavy as possible,but with good form.......a bit of "controlled cheating" on the last few toughest reps is permissable.
Interesting, never heard of this one before. Will give it a shot. Hope my shoulder is flexible enough to allow that bottom position.  :-\

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2014, 10:20:06 AM »
That light? I was feeling terrible because I'm not consistently using the 32 kg dumbells for 15 reps.  :-[

Heaving seems to work for me, but with one important tweak: I always try to pause at the top of every rep. Even if it is just for a millisecond. No [attempt at] pause = no growth, just swinging.
your stronger cool..

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2014, 10:28:09 AM »
your stronger cool..
Nothing personal. I would just feel silly being the biggest guy in the gym but using only light weights. Not that I don't use lighter weights, in fact I often do. But only lifting weights that any gym rat can handle would feel weird to me. Must be my PL background.

the trainer

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2014, 10:37:14 AM »
Guys please  put your egos down, great side delts are built with lighter dumbells strict form and high reps. unless you have ronnie coleman genes your delts wont improve from heavy weights.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 10:48:08 AM »
Guys please  put your egos down, great side delts are built with lighter dumbells strict form and high reps. unless you have ronnie coleman genes your delts wont improve from heavy weights.
Shit, this means I'm a hebrew! :D