Author Topic: British SAS are the best in the world  (Read 6001 times)

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: British SAS are the best in the world
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2014, 02:27:36 PM »
Haha..

How is MARSOC fitting in these days? Last I heard they were kind of struggling to find their niche...
they still havent got in the game good yet...people are calling them SEAL lite...

once they pic up steam i think you will be hearing a lot less out green berets..

bench

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2014, 04:27:14 PM »
Not enough known about the SBS to say for sure how they compare but ill bet my life they are as good as / better than just about anything we know about. SAS are generally accepted as #1 without bias, one i personally rank VERY high is the Pathfinder Platoon.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2014, 01:33:24 AM »
The Intelligence Corps of the British Army is very sneaky Beaky. In N ireland were very active. they have elements who are very under cover and it´s all kept quite. this is what makes them very Dangerous. Remember Meeting one who was Intelligence Corps or SAS i don´t know, came up to me showed his ID and wanted to enter camp. Had a beard and looked like a tramp. We had next to us very high Ranking Staff Officers so it was known that there were Undercover operations going on. Guy just walked up and smiled and said, allright mate... i knew straight away but had to send him into the Guard room. The Duty Guard commander just came out winked at me and said he´s OK. Said it all.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2014, 03:53:11 AM »
Polish GROM forces are bad ass as are the Canadian Snipers, USN SEALs, Green Berets, etc.

All have specialities

I'll put my money on Israelis,German GSG9 & French Foreign Legion (Calvi guy's)  ;)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 04:00:32 AM »
I'll put my money on Israelis,German GSG9 & French Foreign Legion (Calvi guy's)  ;)
The GSG9 are good by all accounts but not in my opinion like the SAS. The worlds best in Anti terrorism is the SAS...end of Chat.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 04:07:00 AM »
watch all the parts very interesting.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 09:31:13 AM »
The GSG9 are good by all accounts but not in my opinion like the SAS. The worlds best in Anti terrorism is the SAS...end of Chat.

contrary to popular belief the GSG9 really arent that broad of an operational team either..

bench

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 11:55:33 AM »
This guys sbs bio was a great read

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Falconer

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2014, 12:14:54 PM »
This guys sbs bio was a great read

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_Falconer
have to look later on my phone  can't open it. Have to read it . Everyone knows the book Bravo two zero....a classic from Andy mcnab...pen name. Ex SAS

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2014, 01:27:45 PM »
Till 1980, the Rhodesian SAS were probably the best and till 1994 the South African Recce's.

Now, most likely the Israelis.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2014, 01:36:53 PM »
Till 1980, the Rhodesian SAS were probably the best and till 1994 the South African Recce's

SAS was formed in the 2nd ww.. long range desert groups in Africa against Rommel. But I agree Israel has very good people.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2014, 02:21:20 PM »
Canada's elite JTF2 commandos are bad ass.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2014, 02:31:51 PM »
Till 1980, the Rhodesian SAS were probably the best and till 1994 the South African Recce's.

peter mcaleese in his auto bio no mean soldier fought in rhodesia and sth africa after he was kicked out of the sas for fighting after going to the pub with other troopers.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Mean-Soldier-Peter-McAleese/dp/1857972503

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2014, 08:47:10 PM »
I would look at training budget.

Nor ought we to believe that there is much difference between man and man, but to think that the superiority lies with him who is reared in the severest school.” ― Thucydides

My argument is that a bigger budget can afford a more "severe school".

In that light, I would lean toward SEALS whose training budget is unmatched anywhere.
The answer is "yes".

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2014, 01:17:47 AM »
John McAleese one of the SAS men who went in the window at the Iranian Embassy siege. What a way to be remembered! :)

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2014, 01:35:33 AM »
peter mcaleese in his auto bio no mean soldier fought in rhodesia and sth africa after he was kicked out of the sas for fighting after going to the pub with other troopers.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Mean-Soldier-Peter-McAleese/dp/1857972503

Thanks, will check it out.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2014, 06:24:16 AM »
There is a 165lb USAF Lieutenant in Kansas with a set of keys that can destroy the planet from his chair.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2014, 06:27:28 AM »
There is a 165lb USAF Lieutenant in Kansas with a set of keys that can destroy the planet from his chair.
Lol.....

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2014, 06:47:20 AM »
The Intelligence Corps of the British Army is very sneaky Beaky. In N ireland were very active. they have elements who are very under cover and it´s all kept quite. this is what makes them very Dangerous. Remember Meeting one who was Intelligence Corps or SAS i don´t know, came up to me showed his ID and wanted to enter camp. Had a beard and looked like a tramp. We had next to us very high Ranking Staff Officers so it was known that there were Undercover operations going on. Guy just walked up and smiled and said, allright mate... i knew straight away but had to send him into the Guard room. The Duty Guard commander just came out winked at me and said he´s OK. Said it all.

Didn't a lot of them go undercover into Catholic bars? I remember one of them blew his cover because he got drunk, started singing on stage and his accent slipped. He got executed later that night in a woods. You gotta be crazy to do that undercover stuff

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2014, 07:07:56 AM »

Didn't a lot of them go undercover into Catholic bars? I remember one of them blew his cover because he got drunk and started singing on stage and his accent slipped and he got executed later that night in a woods. You gotta be crazy to do that undercover stuff
Well if he did he was an idiot. what i heard and saw over there i can´t write on here. I remember we had the 2 can rule, meaning no more than 2 Beers. Went out the window and i remember going in a Bar with another guy and i mean you could hear a pin drop. Then they heard my scottish Accent and started talking again. We knew it was a Loyalist Bar and when i went to the Bar to get a couple of pints a known Player was across from me and looked over( was a known Terrorist). Never said anything to us. looking back at it now we were very stupid. this was in 1987 and it was still quite volatile.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2014, 07:36:39 AM »
I thought the Mossad was recognized as the best- hands down.

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2014, 07:44:31 AM »
Well if he did he was an idiot. what i heard and saw over there i can´t write on here. I remember we had the 2 can rule, meaning no more than 2 Beers. Went out the window and i remember going in a Bar with another guy and i mean you could hear a pin drop. Then they heard my scottish Accent and started talking again. We knew it was a Loyalist Bar and when i went to the Bar to get a couple of pints a known Player was across from me and looked over( was a known Terrorist). Never said anything to us. looking back at it now we were very stupid. this was in 1987 and it was still quite volatile.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1020695/Heroic-undercover-soldier-Robert-Nairac-savagely-executed-IRA-Will-yesterday-arrest-solve-mystery-missing-body.html

"To IRA sympathisers, he was a spy, pure and simple, who was caught in the act.

Nairac was not, in fact, a member of the SAS. He had trained with the elite Army outfit, but had not stayed long enough to be 'badged', as those in the Regiment call themselves."

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 07:49:05 AM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1020695/Heroic-undercover-soldier-Robert-Nairac-savagely-executed-IRA-Will-yesterday-arrest-solve-mystery-missing-body.html

"To IRA sympathisers, he was a spy, pure and simple, who was caught in the act.

Nairac was not, in fact, a member of the SAS. He had trained with the elite Army outfit, but had not stayed long enough to be 'badged', as those in the Regiment call themselves."
so let me ask you Dave where do your sympathies Lie?

irishdave

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2014, 07:54:33 AM »
so let me ask you Dave where do your sympathies Lie?

With the Nationalists

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2014, 09:58:03 AM »
With the Nationalists

As an ignorant Yank, I have no idea what "Nationalists" or "Loyalists" means. I could ask my wife whose family hails from Leitrim, but why bother. I understand "IRA" and "England".