Author Topic: Delt pain  (Read 2049 times)

Audioslave

• Getbig III
Delt pain
« on: August 15, 2014, 01:00:38 PM »
I was getting some meds in my delt and after a week now, there's an egg size lump and it hurts to raise my arm medially. I highly doubt it's an infection because everything was sterile as normal, but I did notice a little blood on aspiration. It was so slight though I figured it wasn't a big deal and carried on. I probably had more movement with the needle than usual, but that has happened before and never had this issue.

Anyone had a problem like this? It isn't hot to the touch but when I push on it, it feels like an egg in there and it's pretty painful. Occasionally it itches, but like I said, everything was sterile, so I'm not sure what's up. Thoughts?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
Re: Delt pain
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 01:59:28 PM »
i had that quite a few times, comes from injecting too much volume too often in my opinion.

i can inject 2.5mls into delts no problem, when i rotate left / right delt, left / right glute. after 2 or 3 rotations i HAVE to pin a different spot than delts, otherwise these lumps will form.

for me when that happened it usually hurt like a week and then stops hurting but theres still this "lump" inside that doesnt go away on its own.
the swelling can actually give a capped look to the delt lol, but sometimes it seems to "wander" down and sits between the point where delt, bi and tri meet and it looks shit.

i actually had to drain my shoulder 3 or 4 times.
one time i thought it was gonna go away on its own so i waited like 3 weeks. in the end i drained about 10mls of oil/pus. the inject was only 2.5mls, so go figure, lol.
if you drain it shortly after the lump forms its probably only 3-4mls.

but i had to make sure i drained EVERYTHING out. like when i left a tiny bit of oil inside of there it still was not getting absorbed.

when i read that it sounds pretty fucked up actually. but was no big deal at all

Audioslave

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 02:20:59 PM »
I did 1.5ml one Thursday and 1.5ml the following Thursday before this happened.

Are you saying even after the pain goes, the lump won't ever absorb/go away without draining, or just that it'd take months on its own?

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 02:58:14 PM »
i dont know if it would disappear on its own after months.

after 3 weeks i decided that i didnt want to walk around with a fucking ping pong ball under my skin anymore  ;D

however one time i drained there were tiny bits left (you could only see them under straight lighting otherwise you wouldnt have noticed) and they did not disappear until i drained them aswell.

honestly its pretty easy and i dont think you could get an abscess or infection from draining the oil/pus. i mean you just stick a 25 or 23 in there and pull the plunger until the syringe is full. repeat until everything is drained. you might have to pull out the syringe a bit while still draining because the oil might be spread out a little bit.

you can also push out a part of the oil/pus by squeezing the lump hard with your other hand once you have drained the first syringe full. the blood/oil/pus will just run out the spot where you hit with the needle. pretty gross lol.

Audioslave

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 03:09:50 PM »
Nice. Well ill wait til the pain subsides before trying that. I imagine sticking a 23 in there right now would hurt like a mother fucker.

dustin

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 09:11:48 AM »
Sounds like a bad shot. No heat, no problem. Fever kicks in, get to an ER. Don't pop it either, your body is dealing with it. Could just be oil sitting in a bad way or muscles pulled while pinning which led to an awkward bolus of oil. If it's a sterile infection then rest your body and just do light stretching, eat well, sleep well, etc. But if you get a fever or heat then play it safe and get it checked out.