Author Topic: "Belly" the movie  (Read 2683 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
"Belly" the movie
« on: July 03, 2014, 07:43:06 PM »
Is there any other movie in modern times that so well captures the essence of the modern day Hebrew so well? I'm watching it now and I feel at any moment one of these gentleman will write Beethoven's ninth.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: "Belly" the movie
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 08:13:13 PM »
Somewhere between these two is close -

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 08:21:02 PM »
This is the real Hebrew story

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 08:25:59 PM »
Is there any other movie in modern times that so well captures the essence of the modern day Hebrew so well? I watching it now and I feel at any moment one of these gentleman will write Beethoven's ninth.

I remember reading interviews of the actors in either King or XXL (in prison, those mags had good JOM), saying the director wanted the actors slathered in Vaseline to make them look as shiny and greasy as possible.

.. and the movie? glamorized ghetto crap that the 'bruthas' would make their life 'on the outside... before they got locked up' sound like.... pure fantasy.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 08:26:36 PM »
Hood classic

Pandemic

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 09:00:02 PM »
One of the worst movies ever made, and I've seen some terrible movies.

I guess that's what you get when you team up a music video director with rappers who can't act, 1 1/2 hours of pure shit smeared across the screen.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 03:10:42 AM »
I don't have that hebrew phenomena in my country, they all fit in and live decent honest lifes.
And i hate "hebrew" movies, it's always the same thing; criminals with emotional problems that nobody cares.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 05:13:45 AM »
I don't have that hebrew phenomena in my country, they all fit in and live decent honest lifes.
And i hate "hebrew" movies, it's always the same thing; criminals with emotional problems that nobody cares.

Thank god for southeastern europe! :D

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 06:35:38 AM »
I remember reading interviews of the actors in either King or XXL (in prison, those mags had good JOM), saying the director wanted the actors slathered in Vaseline to make them look as shiny and greasy as possible.

.. and the movie? glamorized ghetto crap that the 'bruthas' would make their life 'on the outside... before they got locked up' sound like.... pure fantasy.

No shit. That chick from "Bronx Tale" was almost dripping with grease. I thought to myself, that can't be comfortable. Horrible movie, and I hate that it glamorizes the thug/ghetto life.

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 06:50:25 AM »
Maybe it was the fact that she had braces in Belly but I thought she was better looking in Bronx Tale. T Boz on the other hand looked great in the movie.

The visual aspects of the movie especially the club scenes very their highlight for me. The acting wasn't Ideal but having rappers star in it kept the budget down and helped appeal to the hip hop generation.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 11:01:11 PM »
I remember watching that movie when I was attending a private high school thinking I was all hardcore loll. It really was a bad movie but as a previous poster mentioned there were a few decent visual aspects...

I liked the opening scene with that song "however you want it... however you need it"

And that scene when he is in the car getting head while on the phone loll

Second half of the movie was pure and utter shit...  I enjoyed the soundtrack at the time, was quite common to hear me blasting that in my car every morning as I drove into my high school!!