Author Topic: Question for the BOXING experts  (Read 3870 times)

TEMPER

• Getbig III
Question for the BOXING experts
« on: July 15, 2014, 09:27:52 PM »
Is it allowed to drink anything but water in between rounds?

It always just looks like they are drinking sips of water...

I mean why not drink a scientifically formulated "Intra-Workout" type thing with Dextrose, Creatine, Beta-alanine, L-Arginine, Taurine, Caffeine, Electrolytes, Cittruline malate??

Seems like a huge wasted edge.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: Question for the BOXING experts
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 09:28:53 PM »
ask panama lewis

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 09:52:09 PM »
Ask Sam Lester from diggstown

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 09:56:14 PM »
why they dont do the double punch is beyond me its perfect for range checking and putting your opponent off balance
A

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 09:57:18 PM »
Not allowed. No stimulants or ingredients that they find questionable. Caffeinated drinks, sodas, or energy drinks also fall under this. Right now the only things allowed are water or basic commercially made and sealed electrolyte mixes - Pedialyte, Vitaminwater, Smartwater, Option, Gatorade, Powerade and Propel are on the approved list.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 10:03:46 PM »
I do believe that boxing needs to learn from other sports and have better nutritionists and training experts involved.

Simple Simon

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2014, 10:20:56 PM »
I do believe that boxing needs to learn from other sports and have better nutritionists and training experts involved.
Yes Sev because at the moment they live off junk food and just train sporadically.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 10:25:24 PM »

thulsaDOOM210

• Getbig III
  • Enlightenment is my DOOM
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2014, 10:26:49 PM »

You should volunteer your services sev. Show em what you did with ragu. Just make sure you post the correspondence.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 10:29:15 PM »
Not allowed. No stimulants or ingredients that they find questionable. Caffeinated drinks, sodas, or energy drinks also fall under this. Right now the only things allowed are water or basic commercially made and sealed electrolyte mixes - Pedialyte, Vitaminwater, Smartwater, Option, Gatorade, Powerade and Propel are on the approved list.

I would be absolutely chugging gatorade in between rounds...Instant dextrose/glucose would make a HUGE difference in fatigue/punching power throughout a fight.

WTF...

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 10:36:59 PM »
Bradley, Vargas, and a few others sometimes will have Gatorade in the corner. A lot of the old timers just go with water fearing upset stomachs, etc....

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 11:37:54 PM »
I would be absolutely chugging gatorade in between rounds...Instant dextrose/glucose would make a HUGE difference in fatigue/punching power throughout a fight.

WTF...

negative.

you realize how long a fight is? and how long it would take before the drink is absorbed to reap benefits?

everything you're gonna need or use during the fight had better already be in your stomach when you walk to the ring.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 12:04:32 AM »

WTF...

^ESF's Bitch^

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 12:39:40 AM »
negative.

you realize how long a fight is? and how long it would take before the drink is absorbed to reap benefits?

everything you're gonna need or use during the fight had better already be in your stomach when you walk to the ring.

Up to 12 3 minute rounds. 1 minute rest between rounds.

Yes it takes glucose drinks minutes to enter the blood stream. That is the whole point of drinking them WHILE exercising or playing sports.

Not to mention their use to save diabetic people's lives.

"Use
Oral glucose gel is used to raise dangerously low blood glucose concentration or blood glucose that has dropped too low for the person's adaptive compensatory mechanisms to cope with. The gel may be self-administered or given by an EMT responding to a diabetic emergency.

As glucose molecules will absorb directly through oral tissue it is either swallowed directly, or allowed to stay in the mouth momentarily to facilitate rapid absorption via various areas of the mouth cavity [1] and then swallowed to allow absorption into the blood via the small intestine."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_glucose_gel

Glucose and Dextrose are the same exact thing, they are used for diabetics that will have possible life threatening issues, and they hit the bloodstream within a couple minutes.

Oh look gatorade has dextrose in it.

^ESF's Bitch^

There is only 1 reasonable explanation for this: you are equally if not more retarded than ESFagness.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 01:09:21 AM »
you realize how much Gatorade you'd have to drink between rounds to see any benefit?

how much water do you drink between rounds?

ever fought? btw?

*hint* you sure as fuck ain't chugging water and you sure as fuck don't want a belly full of water... or any fluid, for that matter if you're getting punched in the belly... or if you're goal is to say mobile and not bloated.

carry on with the "esfagness" replies, kid.. and I'm sure you'll continue "smashing maaaad pussy, brah".

Simple Simon

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 01:11:15 AM »
you realize how much Gatorade you'd have to drink between rounds to see any benefit? how much water do you drink between rounds?

ever fought? btw?

*hint* you sure as fuck ain't chugging water and you sure as fuck don't want a belly full of water... or any fluid, for that matter if you're getting punched in the belly... or if you're goal is to say mobile and not bloated.

carry on with the "esfagness" replies, kid.. and I'm sure you'll continue "smashing maaaad pussy, brah".

Diabetics with low blood sugar can be revived in a couple of minutes by giving them a glucose drink.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 01:24:32 AM »
Diabetics with low blood sugar can be revived in a couple of minutes by giving them a glucose drink.

grown ups are talking here about fighting, and sports performance, not raising blood sugar from the 30's to the 90's and counteracting hypoglycemia in diabetics.

whole lot more to sports performance than raising your blood sugar.

Simple Simon

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 01:29:33 AM »
grown ups are talking here about fighting, and sports performance, not raising blood sugar from the 30's to the 90's and counteracting hypoglycemia in diabetics.

whole lot more to sports performance than raising your blood sugar.

But it does blow away your original comment.

negative.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 01:33:36 AM »
But it does blow away your original comment.

I get it.. reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. hence your consistency in misquoting me...

read it again... "reap benefits".

and how much Gatorade would you need to drink to get 20g's of carbohydrates?

i'll give you a hint, since you've never been in a fight (being assaulted doesn't count) or competed in any combat sport... YOU'RE NOT DRINKING 20oz or even 10oz or even 5oz of liquid between rounds!

and you sure as fuck aren't chewing down and choking down glucose tablets either.

Simple Simon

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 01:39:30 AM »
I get it.. reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. hence your consistency in misquoting me...

read it again... "reap benefits".
and how much Gatorade would you need to drink to get 20g's of carbohydrates?

i'll give you a hint, since you've never been in a fight (being assaulted doesn't count) or competed in any combat sport... YOU'RE NOT DRINKING 20oz or even 10oz or even 5oz of liquid between rounds!

and you sure as fuck aren't chewing down and choking down glucose tablets either.

reap the benefit, reward,
etc.C2 to get something good as a result of your own actions :

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2014, 02:54:23 AM »
yeah, Panama Lewis, Aaron Pryor and Alexis Argueullo, they should be bale to answer it correctly...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/113231-of-scandals-and-controversies-pryor-arguello-and-the-black-bottle

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2014, 02:58:21 AM »

WTF...
Good idea if you want to have side cramps from too much fluid in stomach during extreme physical exertion. Theres a reason thry sip man.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2014, 07:59:13 PM »
you realize how much Gatorade you'd have to drink between rounds to see any benefit?

how much water do you drink between rounds?

ever fought? btw?

This is true, "chugging" was a poor word choice. But gatorade>water. Yes I got laid in college, umadbrah?

I grew up in Detroit, I am going to assume I have fought more than you ESFairy.

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 08:02:33 PM »
yeah, Panama Lewis, Aaron Pryor and Alexis Argueullo, they should be bale to answer it correctly...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/113231-of-scandals-and-controversies-pryor-arguello-and-the-black-bottle

NOW THIS! Is fucking interesting! Good post. Well done.

"At the end of the 13th round, HBO microphones caught Pryor’s trainer, Panama Lewis, saying to cutman Artie Curley, “Give me the other bottle, the one I mixed.” Whatever that liquid was, Pryor swallowed it.

When the bell rang to start Round 14, Pryor flew from his corner, and after a few skirmishes, knocked Arguello into the ropes. Pryor battered Arguello, landing more than 15 unanswered punches before referee Stanley Christodoulou stopped the fight.

After the fight, controversy brewed as to what is the content of the bottle that somehow pumped and energize Pryor adding that to the fact that the newly-formed Miami Boxing Commission had neglected to collect urine samples after the fight.

Boxing rules only permitted the usage of water in the corner.

What should have been Pryor’s shining moment was marred in controversy. What was in the mysterious black bottle? Was it an amphetamine?"

Lol from the looks of it this "Panama Lewis" guy was quite the shady guy lol..

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 08:02:43 PM »
Ask Sam Lester from diggstown
lol good movie