Author Topic: Dana White: Ronda Rousey can beat Floyd Mayweather Jr in a street fight  (Read 11923 times)

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
Sounds like you're a diehard Howdy Honda Housey fan.... :D. Nothing wrong with that.

A couple of my friends met her in vegas and apparently she was all giggly girly and very nice to talk to.  Completely different from "mean face" Ronda that steps into the Octagon. She does use the pro wrestling gimmicks from time to time..the four horsewomen, etc. She does trash talk - sometimes with a smile sometimes with a frown the latter mostly aimed at Justino. She uses it well to her advantage just like Chael did. Creates a buzz and sells tickets.

I have to admit I'm a supreme fan of ronda, but not a blind fan, I can appreciate greatness when I see one.

She has stated multiple times that she has the octagon ronda and the outside octagon ronda, when it's game time she will try to punch through her opponent and when she's not fighting she knows how to enjoy herself and enjoy life.

Even when interviewed before and after fight I have yet to see ronda act rudely or unprofessional, and just because she doesn't kiss ass doesn't mean she's a bad girl. When I see rondas hatez comments I just face palm every time. People should listen to ronda without biased views, for real.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
Of the two of them, which one is the one that wouldn't take the fight?  Think about it.

Justino and Howdy?

That fight will happen. I think the whole stalling thing was to give Honda enough time to improve her striking before facing Cristine. Justino apparently plans to cut down to 135 by the end of the year so we'll see how that works out. Dana's now more amenable to bringing her into the UFC.  That's a fight people want to see in the hopes that Justino will end Ronda's streak.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
I have to admit I'm a supreme fan of ronda, but not a blind fan, I can appreciate greatness when I see one.

She has stated multiple times that she has the octagon ronda and the outside octagon ronda, when it's game time she will try to punch through her opponent and when she's not fighting she knows how to enjoy herself and enjoy life.

Even when interviewed before and after fight I have yet to see ronda act rudely or unprofessional, and just because she doesn't kiss ass doesn't mean she's a bad girl. When I see rondas hatez comments I just face palm every time. People should listen to ronda without biased views, for real.

Fact is people love the challenger until they become champion. Then they want the champion to fall. I recall the getbig threads on Gina Carano when she made her debut. Once she began winning more fights the tone changed from "'marry me Gina" to " fuck that overweight cow Carano". Same with Anderson. People loved anderson but as he began stretching his win record the people who wanted to see him lose began to multiply.

Ronda does throw some nasty comments towards Justino though.  Some of it is uncalled for since they aren't even in the same organization and weren't about to face off during the time she made those comments.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
Fact is people love the challenger until they become champion. Then they want the champion to fall. I recall the getbig threads on Gina Carano when she made her debut. Once she began winning more fights the tone changed from "'marry me Gina" to " fuck that overweight cow Carano". Same with Anderson. People loved anderson but as he began stretching his win record the people who wanted to see him lose began to multiply.

Ronda does throw some nasty comments towards Justino though.  Some of it is uncalled for since they aren't even in the same organization and weren't about to face off during the time she made those comments.

I agree.... but as for throwing nasty comments towards Justino, well... she has to have a good reason for it, and I could probably find out why, but as for right now I'm too lazy... I just love the bitch  :P ;D

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
I agree.... but as for throwing nasty comments towards Justino, well... she has to have a good reason for it, and I could probably find out why, but as for right now I'm too lazy... I just love the bitch  :P ;D

There is a good reason for it. They will fight eventually. Unsurprisingly when Justino announced that she can't cut down to 135 for heath reasons the trash talking intensified with Dana joining in. Ronda and the UFC want that fight but they want it on their terms. It worked because now cyborg plans to cut down in December and Dana started asking the media if they really want to see Cyborg in the UFC. The stage is being set.

Btw your girl became the first mma fighter to win the ESPY. Mayweather won the best male athlete award.
They really need to fight now.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
There is a good reason for it. They will fight eventually. Unsurprisingly when Justino announced that she can't cut down to 135 for heath reasons the trash talking intensified with Dana joining in. Ronda and the UFC want that fight but they want it on their terms. It worked because now cyborg plans to cut down in December and Dana started asking the media if they really want to see Cyborg in the UFC. The stage is being set.

Btw your girl became the first mma fighter to win the ESPY. Mayweather won the best male athlete award.
They really need to fight now.

I really love to read all that, seriously.  I also hope Dana has some luscious plans for ufc after the possible Cyborg vs Ronda match. The heavy weight circle needs to come back, and Aldo vs Pettis need to happen as well...

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
Justino and Howdy?

That fight will happen. I think the whole stalling thing was to give Honda enough time to improve her striking before facing Cristine. Justino apparently plans to cut down to 135 by the end of the year so we'll see how that works out. Dana's now more amenable to bringing her into the UFC.  That's a fight people want to see in the hopes that Justino will end Ronda's streak.

No.  I'm referring to Floyd Gayweather and and Rhonda.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
I love da cage and don't watch any pillow fighting any more but the fact is in those mitts Floyd will KO that littelgirl  the fuck out. Look how many she eats from a girl when going in for the takedown,Floyd hits harder faster than she can imagine.
SIlly bitch will be put to sleep, until I awaken he with my big cock...

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
LOL

He also posted on getbig 5 times that day

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
The Williams sisters challenged any man in top 250 to a match. Some random guy accepted, about 240 in world, and Venus (who was better at the time accepted, maybe he played both). Think he beat her 6-1 6-3 or so. Men v women is a different sport. It is a true story if not entirely accurate.
Too be fair, Serena was 17-18 at the time. And Venus was young as well. It might have been different for today's interation of the Williams sisters.

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
Too be fair, Serena was 17-18 at the time. And Venus was young as well. It might have been different for today's interation of the Williams sisters.

Pretty sure they were 1 and 2 back then and Serena wasn't so goddamm fat bootylicious

and that's 2 sets the women arn't normally built for 5 sets

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth

They are past their prime now. It would probably be a lot easier now for a top 250 male player.

http://observer.theguardian.com/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html

Sev should challenge them. ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
In a boxing ring he would knock her out quick. In a the octagon she would get him down and submit him. He would have no defense. Two different sports.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
In a boxing ring he would knock her out quick. In a the octagon she would get him down and submit him. He would have no defense. Two different sports.

There is No way in hell that she'd be able to hold him down.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V

You haven't got a fucking clue,a 130lb woman doesnot just "get down" and sub a male outweighing her whos an elite athlete.

Europe

• Getbig IV
Ronda would get KTFO.. she gets hit all the time by her opponents, and that's from mma girl fighters who have shit boxing!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
The Grim Lifter already corrected me, SHEESH  >:(

I was laughing about how both men handicapped themselves and still easily won.
Connors got one serve to Martina's two serves and she got to play the doubles court and still got trounced.   The German guy played a round of golf, drank some beers and smoked some cigarettes and still easily beat both sisters.   

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Don't tell any of this to this girl tho, she insists men and women are totally equal, stupid whore.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
There is No way in hell that she'd be able to hold him down.

Are you kidding? A world class Judo competitor couldn't hold down a guy who never wrestled before.

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
 ::)  Ya sure she would

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
Don't tell any of this to this girl tho, she insists men and women are totally equal, stupid whore.

::)   I have plenty of MALE relative's buried in EUROPE after fighting wars but no women ?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
You haven't got a fucking clue,a 130lb woman doesnot just "get down" and sub a male outweighing her whos an elite athlete.

You don't have a clue. I bet you have zero experience on the mat. I've seen guys like you time after time strut into the dojo thinking you can roll with the twink who has been rolling for years. You all leave and never come back. In jui jitsu it's common to find 130lbs guys taking down and submitting 230lbs plus guys.  He's an elite boxer. He wouldn't have an answer to her many chokes, arm bars and the rest.  Now if you want to have them box he would knock her out very quickly.

Just for the record. I have had 5 fights in the boxing ring. I have been involved in Judo and Jui jitsu so I have mat time even though I stink at the grappling arts compared to many. One last point. They are about the same weight.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
Rhonda can fight but Mayweather would splatter her. This is a dig by the UFC to say 'boxing is only one small element of a fight, why not watch what really matters....mixed martial arts'.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
FYI, taking and holding someone down in MMA is more about technique than brute force.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE

Do you have any idea how "weak" all of these women are? Rousey dominates in the ring because she is basically fighting the equivalent of 12 year old boys as far as strength. Just one uppercut from Mayweather with MMA gloves will knock out most men let alone a 135 pound female.