Author Topic: 4 dead in assault case with a bat, is it b/c bats are to easy to obtain?  (Read 1659 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
President Bush actually allowed the Louisville Slugger ban to stand in place for four years he was in office - and admitted he'd like to continue it.

Bedwetting liberal Barrack Obama owned congress yet we never saw a national bat ban reach the House nor Senate floor for a vote.   Then the repubs tried to elect a guy who had already signed a state bat ban as governor. 

From this, we know liberals love baseball and republicans want to ban bats from those who love baseball.  If you disagree, insult 240, not the facts of the matter because, after all, attacking the messenger is the best way to prove his statement wrong. 

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Ban bats, then ban lakes.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Perfect example, if someone is going to kill, lack of firearms is not going to stop them.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Perfect example, if someone is going to kill, lack of firearms is not going to stop them.

Yeah perfect example ::)

Kazan

• Getbig V

Fuck off,  people get killed everyday without the use of guns. You stupid bastards don't understand the concept that the gun is a tool, just like a bat or knife. Do you blame cars for causing accidents? Do you blame water if someone drowns? Your irrational fear of guns is idiotic
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem

It is a perfect example.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It is a perfect example.

Only and idiot would see this as an perfect example.

Thats you by the way.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Fuck off,  people get killed everyday without the use of guns. You stupid bastards don't understand the concept that the gun is a tool, just like a bat or knife. Do you blame cars for causing accidents? Do you blame water if someone drowns? Your irrational fear of guns is idiotic

What a brilliant post ::)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Whork blessing us with his massive intellect here  ;D

Kazan

• Getbig V

What a brilliant post ::)

So you have no rebuttal? Then it is a brilliant post.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

RRKore

• Getbig IV
http://news.yahoo.com/third-victim-dies-florida-baseball-bat-beating-223223223.html

"ORLANDO Fla. (Reuters) - A third victim in an unexplained beating by a man wielding a baseball bat died on Wednesday"
"According to witnesses and police, Shannon’s boyfriend James Earl Jones, 32, killed the three, then drowned himself in Lake Dora.
Jones’s father told police at the scene that his son was schizophrenic and was not taking his medication"

Some striking similarities to some of the shootings that have taken place.

A mentally unstable individual who is off their meds...

why is no one trying to force background checks on bats?

Why are bats not inherintly evil?

You know, FWIW,  it occurs to me that you'll probably get stopped if you try to carry a bat into certain establishments.  

I say this because I was once prevented from seeing a movie when I was a teen because my friend and I had ridden our skateboards there.  I was fucking pissed that they wouldn't let me in with the skateboard because I "might use it as a weapon".

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Only two types of people use guns to murder others.  Cowards and mentally unstable people.  (Not counting military/enforcement/security/etc applications).

Mentally unstable people, whether their mental illness is permanent or temporary (rage, jealousy, fear, chemically altered, etc..), if they want to kill someone, they are going to try to kill someone no matter what.  A gun only facilitates that action.    9 times out of 10, these people will have already cleared the process and obtained guns legally.  Unless some kind of futuristic crystal ball DNA scanning device is invented to accurately predict future crimes by these people, you are not going to be able to restrict their access to guns through stricter gun laws and regulation enforcement.

The other people who use guns are just cowards.  How many drive by stabbings have you heard of?   Take guns away from these individuals and their crime rate will drop drastically because they are just pussies who would never confront someone else in a petty crime effort or bust a knuckle in someone's grill over disrespect or other imagined slights.  A gun is a great equalizer for cowards.  Unfortunately, all the gun laws and restrictions that could ever be passed won't stop these people from getting them because their first crime is usually in obtaining the gun itself.  

Unfortunate situation, but gun control only hurts sane law abiding citizens when they may encounter one of the two examples above. A Catch 22, but there isn't anything that can be done about that.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
You know, FWIW,  it occurs to me that you'll probably get stopped if you try to carry a bat into certain establishments. 

I say this because I was once prevented from seeing a movie when I was a teen because my friend and I had ridden our skateboards there.  I was fucking pissed that they wouldn't let me in with the skateboard because I "might use it as a weapon".
Don't really see any parallel as plenty of places do not allow guns. Also your right to own a bat is not specifically enumerated in the constitution.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Only two types of people use guns to murder others.  Cowards and mentally unstable people.  (Not counting military/enforcement/security/etc applications).

Mentally unstable people, whether their mental illness is permanent or temporary (rage, jealousy, fear, chemically altered, etc..), if they want to kill someone, they are going to try to kill someone no matter what.  A gun only facilitates that action.    9 times out of 10, these people will have already cleared the process and obtained guns legally.  Unless some kind of futuristic crystal ball DNA scanning device is invented to accurately predict future crimes by these people, you are not going to be able to restrict their access to guns through stricter gun laws and regulation enforcement.

The other people who use guns are just cowards.  How many drive by stabbings have you heard of?   Take guns away from these individuals and their crime rate will drop drastically because they are just pussies who would never confront someone else in a petty crime effort or bust a knuckle in someone's grill over disrespect or other imagined slights.  A gun is a great equalizer for cowards.  Unfortunately, all the gun laws and restrictions that could ever be passed won't stop these people from getting them because their first crime is usually in obtaining the gun itself. 

Unfortunate situation, but gun control only hurts sane law abiding citizens when they may encounter one of the two examples above. A Catch 22, but there isn't anything that can be done about that.
I appreciate the honesty in admitting that law abiding citizens are negatively impacted by the gun control laws.

However there is something we can do about it. First your premise that if we keep guns out of the hands of certain individuals the just won't commit those crimes is wrong. It's ignorant to think that bc they don't have a gun they won't rob, rape or murder. Even you admit that the laws passed won't stop them bc criminals don't obey laws.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Don't really see any parallel as plenty of places do not allow guns. Also your right to own a bat is not specifically enumerated in the constitution.

Yeah, that's why I put it "FWIW". 

Honestly, I still get a little bit mad in a "skateboarding is not a crime" way about not being let into the theater all those years ago.  (Though I don't even remember what movie was playing, lol.)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
I appreciate the honesty in admitting that law abiding citizens are negatively impacted by the gun control laws.

However there is something we can do about it. First your premise that if we keep guns out of the hands of certain individuals the just won't commit those crimes is wrong. It's ignorant to think that bc they don't have a gun they won't rob, rape or murder. Even you admit that the laws passed won't stop them bc criminals don't obey laws.

No, but not with the same frequency.  Cowards are not going to try to rob someone at knife point.  Unless they are in a pack or the victim is physically inferior (elderly, etc..)  Which is why I said the rate would drop drastically as opposed to saying it would be completely eliminated.  

Raping someone is a sign of mental illness (to me). &guy, the assertion of dominance, to humiliate, etc..  normal people don't have to feed their emotions in abnormal ways like this.  People don't rape because they are horny.  They may rape because their mental impairment of the above actions feeds into a sexual urge which is usually impulsive.  But no sane and normal person is going to think "gee I am horny and instead of hitting the beach or bar I am just going to rape someone".   Generally the rapist comes across a situation or other "trigger" that sets the impulse off that they act upon.  Which is why I consider them mentally unstable in the first place.