Author Topic: Getting a DUI for riding a bike while drunk?  (Read 3698 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Getting a DUI for riding a bike while drunk?
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 10:22:20 PM »
felony = prison

misdemeanor = county jail.

honestly, 1yr in prison is better than 6months in county jail.

better food, better living conditions, better commissary, "better people". (ppl in county jail know they're gonna get out sooner, so they tend to run their mouths.. ppl in prison know neither of you are going anywhere for a while, and you'll get your hands on them eventually, whether it takes 6 months or 50months)

.. that being said, best try to avoid both felonies and misdemeanors. lol
::)

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 11:23:11 PM »
::)

more eye rolls..

$10 says you do the same "in real life".

"girlfriend"

woodman

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 11:30:03 PM »
No, believe it or not a bike is federally Department of Transportation classified as a vehicle when operated on a roadway as strange as that sounds. Therefore it has to comply with all state motor vehicle laws including DWI or DUI depending upon state. Yes, in you can arrest a guy for operating a bike while being under the influence of an intoxicating beverage or drugs.

That chart above in my opinion is wrong and misleading.

OLDTIMER...each state is different but I am speaking NY state law...operate a motor vehicle means a motorized vehicle(car,bus,truck,boat,snowmobile)...interesting bit about NY-if you have been drinking and pull over in a rest stop to sleep it off and have the car on you are operating a motor vehicle and can be arrested...do a simple thing like take the key out of the ignition and go to sleep-you cannot be arrested for operating a mototr vehicle under the influence....each state is a little different so be more specific when asking

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 11:48:53 PM »

OLDTIMER...each state is different but I am speaking NY state law...operate a motor vehicle means a motorized vehicle(car,bus,truck,boat,snowmobile)...interesting bit about NY-if you have been drinking and pull over in a rest stop to sleep it off and have the car on you are operating a motor vehicle and can be arrested...do a simple thing like take the key out of the ignition and go to sleep-you cannot be arrested for operating a mototr vehicle under the influence....each state is a little different so be more specific when asking

in most states, if you're drunk in the car, even if the keys are out of the ignition and in your pocket, you can get a DUI. (you're sleeping in the car, legally drunk, at .08 or higher, and the keys are in the glovebox, you'll get a DUI.... if you sleep in your car, toss the keys outside or under the car, and hope you find them in the morning)

in CA, if the keys are in the ignition and you're OUTSIDE the car, you can get a DUI (as well as other states).

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2014, 07:51:50 PM »
If you're hammered, refuse the breathalyzer every time and tell the cop you had zero to drink and that you can't drink because you have a men in thongs contest coming up in 4 weeks. If he busts you for DUI, pay a few grand for a lawyer and it will get dropped to reckless driving almost every time...You'll still lose your license, but it won't be for DUI...