Author Topic: why cant anybody anymore in todays times develop an 80s body  (Read 18637 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: why cant anybody anymore in todays times develop an 80s body
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2014, 05:21:09 PM »
Actually, this a good example. Back then you actually wanted to look like the guys in the magazines.

bill grant had better calves than wolf but could never win because of them.  and judges would tease him about them before the shows.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2014, 05:24:11 PM »
From average juicers to usa competitors..no one will ever look like shawn ray, dennis newman, bob paris..etc etc...everyone's bodies in todays time look so un proportional,  no one has a small waist..no one tries to develop a thick muscular chest..no1 has any sort of discipline for creating simmetry...who wouldnt want to look like shawn ray or dennis newman..you would bang every girl and demand so much respect..

Does the ifbb have this kind of influence in the regression of exercise training..based on their current love for mass..im certain everyone in the 80s wanted to join the Arnold club

::)  that aside... you pose a legitimate question. Even average gym guys today don't look like the physiques of the 1980's.  Why?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2014, 05:25:08 PM »
Didn't read, but I know the reason. People can absolutely build an 80's type physique today.

The problem is, that having an 80's physique won't even guarantee a pro card these days.

The competitors are just trying to give the judges what they think they want to see.

I think they should implement even more weight classes now.

200, 225, 250, 250+  Then you can objectively judge the bodybuilders based on structure and conditioning.

The problem is in the comparisons.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2014, 05:33:56 PM »
That is how you build drama. Say what you want about an organisation like the UFC, but I think the IFBB could benefit from adopting a similar business model.

Create more weight classes (with up to date rankings within that class) to create more interest.

Have "countdown to" shows for upcoming contests, in which contestants can speak freely about the competition.

The "build up" to a show is almost as important as the show itself. A poster isn't going to cut it these days.

You have to give people a reason to watch.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2014, 05:38:33 PM »

its simple- less focus on training and more focus on drugs.

training was a lifestyle in 80's. when you went up the gym you went for a few hours and you trained the whole time. today guys load up a syringe and go do a half ass one hr lazy training session a day spending half of it on Facebook.

b

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2014, 05:39:48 PM »

training was a lifestyle in 80's. when you went up the gym you went for a few hours and you trained the whole time. today guys load up a syringe and go do a half ass one hr lazy training session a day spending half of it on Facebook.

this is it 100%

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2014, 05:42:08 PM »
Didn't read, but I know the reason. People can absolutely build an 80's type physique today.

The problem is, that having an 80's physique won't even guarantee a pro card these days.

The competitors are just trying to give the judges what they think they want to see.

200, 225, 250, 250+  Then you can objectively judge the bodybuilders based on structure and conditioning.

Truth.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2014, 05:42:25 PM »

THIS

Brutal intensity and free weights are what build quality dense muscle and the overweight pro's of today strictly rely on the drugs for growth hence the soft bloated look and lack of overall muscularity.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2014, 05:56:42 PM »

QFT

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2014, 08:37:22 PM »
Baitollah Abbaspour?

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2014, 08:45:03 PM »
sick build^^

look at the detail and quality of mass.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2014, 12:37:35 AM »
80's body

synthol wasn't invented back then...

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2014, 05:35:11 AM »
synthol wasn't invented back then...

I don't remember anyone having that silly grin, back then, either.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2014, 12:05:15 PM »

Absofuckinglutely.

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2014, 12:50:17 PM »
80's body

superhero physique right there.

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2014, 12:52:34 PM »
sick build^^

look at the detail and quality of mass.

should have beaten Flex a couple of days ago. he is going to cause some major damage soon.

/h2

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2014, 12:59:14 PM »
I think damage to human dna through environmental contamination plays at least somewhat of role in just why we just don't appear as healthy as the early 90's and before.
very good observation

kepler2008

• Getbig III
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2014, 01:36:04 PM »

Very good point.

Currently, the pros seem to train only when there is a camera around. The shape of their muscles can not be the result of a weight training program.

I've trained during a few months in the same gym as Tony Pearson. In these years, he wasn't compete anymore. Only demonstrations and seminars. But he trained a lot. Sometimes twice daily. He did not speak and he remained very focused on his movements. The weights were moderate. He was puming a lot.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2014, 03:56:59 PM »
should have beaten Flex a couple of days ago. he is going to cause some major damage soon.

/h2

He's not amaricano enough and the judges will have trouble pronouncing his name. Doesn't stand a chance.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2014, 08:42:12 PM »
Take out the insulin, lower the GH, lower the androgens (to Almost nothing) raise the anabolics and do some actual training.

^
This

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2014, 08:49:12 PM »
80's body

That's not an 80's body. Dude has oil in his arms and delts, a messed up chest and a face of a mass murderer.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2014, 08:50:33 PM »
Actually, this a good example. Back then you actually wanted to look like the guys in the magazines.

That was more of a late 70's body. He also had a tiny chest and legs. His calling card was his big arms and tiny waist.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2014, 09:03:59 PM »

Wrong. Even the competitors of today weighing in at 200, or 250 pounds ALL LOOK THE SAME. Bloated, no real vascularity, hardness, chiseled muscles, density, etc. Back in the 1980's (as early as 1980), there were guys competing at 160-190 pounds (Mohamed Makkawy, Samir Bannout, Danny Padilla, Chris Dickerson, Frank Zane, Lee Labrada, etc) and guys competing at 230-250 pounds (Mike Christian, Lee Haney, Jusup Wilkosz, Dennis Tinerino, Berry Demay, Bob Paris, Matt Mendenhall, Gary Strydom, Rory Leidelmeyer, Bertil Fox, Casey Viator, etc). ALL of which had all of those qualities that I mentioned.

Regardless of the weight class today's competitors come in at, they will NOT have the same quality physique as guys did from the 1970's through the 1990's). The training methods have changed (people have gotten lazy) and the drugs are out of control. Most importantly, there sadly is NO demand from the judges for that type of physique, a la Lee Haney, Kevin Levrone, Bob Paris, or Frank Zane, Shawn Ray, Robby Robinson, Chris Cormier, etc.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2014, 03:59:46 AM »
 ;)don't forget these clothes to top it off

R