Author Topic: Under rated UK bodybuilders  (Read 14838 times)

Simple Simon

Under rated UK bodybuilders
« on: July 23, 2014, 04:28:22 PM »

Amoury Francis

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
Re: Under rated UK bodybuilders
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 12:36:50 AM »
Hey Simple Simon, what do you make of Zach Khan?

Lots of social media hype for nothing.
S

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 01:44:42 AM »
Neil Andrews. If he believed in himself more he could go pro.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 02:46:13 AM »

Amoury Francis

Fucking hell, guy's a tank.

Simple Simon

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 02:57:57 AM »

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 03:01:40 AM »
UK standard used to be much much higher, I don't know why we've gone backwards:

S

Omega

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 03:40:55 AM »
JD was a tank

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 05:31:07 AM »

Bodybuilding is scary, you can literally look like you never walked into a gym if you quit and eat shit
S

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 05:40:14 AM »

Amoury Francis

phenomenal

epic 28 inch waist
T

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 06:03:59 AM »
UK standard used to be much much higher, I don't know why we've gone backwards:

Something to do with the quality of the steroids???

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 08:38:20 AM »
Something to do with the quality of the steroids???

No insulin, minimal GH in two of those physiques.  And they trained fucking hard.

Lots of gear in Amoury, but not high test.  Low test for JD too.

The US guys are the ones really fucked for quality drugs now, less so the Brits if they know where to look.

Amoury was amazing when he won the British but tore a quad training and then his outside interests derailed everything.  He used to nail another massively underrated bodybuilder - Paula Bircumshaw, who SimpleSimon will well remember if no one else does.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 08:58:39 AM »
Tavernier?

S

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 09:05:16 AM »
Tavernier?

Couldn't hold a candle to the guys above.  And a dwarf.

More names of forgotten greats / "could have beens":

Tony Emmott
Roy Duval
Basil Francis - I once asked this Pro Universe winning 19st ripped mountain why he didn't train hard and just coasted. Fortunately for my 19yr old dickhead self he was a nice guy.   
Ian Harrison - 20yrs ago his old training partner told me that Ian puked his steak up mid leg workout when training to win the British (at 20yrs old) and ate it back up to not waste the protein.  I believe that.

Omega

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 10:34:42 AM »
I was told by a pal of JD's that he didnt run a lot of gear.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 10:41:12 AM »
I was told by a pal of JD's that he didnt run a lot of gear.

That was what he always told me.

Incredible genetics and incredible training intensity.  He was a proper angry trainer. Very inspirational.

Talking of genetics but not so smart training as JD, never forget Brian Buchanan. I only knew him to nod at but he was something else.  If Dorian had had those genetics he'd have made Ronnie look like a baby.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 12:30:43 PM »
No insulin, minimal GH in two of those physiques.  And they trained fucking hard.

Lots of gear in Amoury, but not high test.  Low test for JD too.

The US guys are the ones really fucked for quality drugs now, less so the Brits if they know where to look.

Amoury was amazing when he won the British but tore a quad training and then his outside interests derailed everything.  He used to nail another massively underrated bodybuilder - Paula Bircumshaw, who SimpleSimon will well remember if no one else does.

I cant see how test can be blamed for creating lesser quality physiques.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 12:38:47 PM »
I cant see how test can be blamed for creating lesser quality physiques.

Less bloat / harder with less test.  DY told me he didn't use test at all when dieted down in the last 6-8 weeks.  Nowadays my one experience with a top current pro is that he views his pre contest test use as being modest at about 1gm of prop a week.

Back in the early 90s and before that people also chased size less so they were much more careful about building proportionate bodies.  Look at the level you are at, if you really want to push it much further then you need to get bigger and these days it seems to be just about slapping it on.  20 years ago it was much more common to see people spend more time backing off strong areas and building up weak ones.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 12:58:00 PM »
I would say Dorian blasted the test in the off season though to build his muscles.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 01:06:22 PM »
I would say Dorian blasted the test in the off season though to build his muscles.

Not with the doses that they use today if he is to be believed.

1gm not multiple gms.

One year of insulin where if memory serves he said he added about 6lbs "all over" as opposed to in the right places and his gut swelled up.  I see no reason to disbelieve him as he is very open about other things that are more illegal / harsher than gear.

On the flip side of that I know Milos a little bit and I have seen firsthand what his protocols do. 

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 01:20:20 PM »
doubt he only ran a gram of test, if there overall weekly totals are around 6gms or more that would be overkill on the 'anabolics'

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 01:28:56 PM »
doubt he only ran a gram of test, if there overall weekly totals are around 6gms or more that would be overkill on the 'anabolics'

I can only tell you what he told me and if you choose to think he was shitting me then so be it.  He put a guy I know, who is 6ft, 105kg, 4%BF (basically stage ready) on 20mg var and 4ius GH a few months ago so he isn't high dose.

Two of the guys pictured in this thread got their gear from one man whom I know extremely well. JD was always supposed to be within normal realms of what we used in the 1990s - which might top out at a max of 2gms.

I have had a current top guy, 141kg lean and dry 6 weeks out on my scales, stay at my house less than two months prior to a big pro show. Because of plans and travel he obviously couldn't bring things with him and he needed helping out. No insulin, no GH, not mega quantities of gear.

On the flip side I know some of the GB amateurs who are literally killing themselves with 6gms a week of test alone.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 01:57:27 PM »
I can only tell you what he told me and if you choose to think he was shitting me then so be it.  He put a guy I know, who is 6ft, 105kg, 4%BF (basically stage ready) on 20mg var and 4ius GH a few months ago so he isn't high dose.

Two of the guys pictured in this thread got their gear from one man whom I know extremely well. JD was always supposed to be within normal realms of what we used in the 1990s - which might top out at a max of 2gms.

I have had a current top guy, 141kg lean and dry 6 weeks out on my scales, stay at my house less than two months prior to a big pro show. Because of plans and travel he obviously couldn't bring things with him and he needed helping out. No insulin, no GH, not mega quantities of gear.

On the flip side I know some of the GB amateurs who are literally killing themselves with 6gms a week of test alone.

Not really interested in arguing but I highly doubt this.

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 02:01:05 PM »
Not really interested in arguing but I highly doubt this.

Sure, but bear in mind I have no reason to lie, and I promise you the person telling me who supplied him did not lie. 

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 02:16:13 PM »
Less bloat / harder with less test.  DY told me he didn't use test at all when dieted down in the last 6-8 weeks.  Nowadays my one experience with a top current pro is that he views his pre contest test use as being modest at about 1gm of prop a week.

Back in the early 90s and before that people also chased size less so they were much more careful about building proportionate bodies.  Look at the level you are at, if you really want to push it much further then you need to get bigger and these days it seems to be just about slapping it on.  20 years ago it was much more common to see people spend more time backing off strong areas and building up weak ones.

my understanding is that masteron was the game changer in british body building

the guys i know says the granite hard physiques came from that when they added it in to the test and tren
T