Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads
Do you fall in and out of faith just as you do in love?
(1/1)
thegamechanger:
People fall in love
People fall out of love

It happens all the time

Can the same thing be said about faith?

One day youre a christian, then you become a muslim
Or maybe an atheist or the other way around

And just like love, you dont really have a say in the matter.

Man of Steel:
As a Christian I know there are circumstances that shake a believer's faith and circumstances that cause folks to question their faith.   Nothing wrong with either situation.

Although, from a perspective of salvation and faith a believer in Christ has become regenerate.  They are sanctified for the purposes of God's will....they surrender to it and seek it.  Within Christianity we have many believers, but unfortunately a large number are also false conversions or merely nominal Christians.  They claim Christianity but their words and actions do not reflect the change brought forth by the Holy Spirit in their lives.   These folks have the tendency to waffle between churches, denominations, theologies and even entire religions.  These are the folks that typically say they're "very spiritual, but don't agree with God".   Other folks cobble together aspects of varying faith systems they find appealing. 

In the end the true believer in Christ surrenders fully to his will for their lives.  Certainly there are those true believers that have experienced extremely trying circumstances that have renounced their faith.  I can't speak to their circumstances nor would be so arrogant as to presume I understand.  Although, this is a small portion of the majority and I've seen many that have returned to faith in Christ.

In short, yes people do fall in and out love and they do "fall" in and out of religions, but genuine followers in Christ don't waffle....they desire Christ because he's revealed himself to them and they desire no other system of religious belief because of it.

For what it's worth.
thegamechanger:
Good post
Purge_WTF:
 A few years back, I lost my job of nearly eleven years and an apartment I'd moved into just a few months before. As I was cleaning out the last of my stuff, my car died. I remained faithful and greatful throughout the chaos, and God blessed me with the exact job I wanted, an awesome apartment in the exact spot I wanted, and six figures when I dumped my Netflix stock, a portion of which I used to buy a Mustand convertible.

As John Hagee says, "How you react in a problem determines how long you stay in it."
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version