Author Topic: Gillette introduces 5 Blade shaving system  (Read 27609 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Gillette introduces 5 Blade shaving system
« Reply #125 on: March 17, 2006, 01:23:48 AM »
Well I just bought one of the Powr Fusion razors.  I am shaving tommorrow so I'll see how it works.

Old Pig

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: March 17, 2006, 06:24:30 AM »
Did my comparative shavings over 2 days (wouldn't call it scientific but similar to method used when I had my internship with one of Gillette's competitors);

Day 1; Excel vs. Fusion (2 blades vs. 5 blades)
Day 2; Mach3 vs. Fusion (3 blades vs. 5 blades)

Split face in left side/right side, shaved only with grain, multiple strokes over the area until I felt there were no use in continuing, used Fusion gel for both types of blades. Rinsed face with cold water and "inspected" the shaved areas visually and by touch.

Day 1;
Excel side (right side); multiple nicks and slight bleeding, especially on area around adam's apple, significant amount of stubble when I stroked my hand against grain for inspection, especially around jaw, under chin, around adam's apple (in spite of the bleeding). Significant irritation/soreness.
At 7pm; Visible shade, great amount of stubbles on chin, under nose and below sideburns. Still sore/some redness, in particular on Excel side of adam's apple. Wife unhappy.

Fusion side (left side); no nicks, no bleeding, smooth shave, insignificant traces of stubble, couple of strains/stubbles just under nose and by the ear.
At 7pm; minimial shade, some indication of stubble but significantly less than Excel side. No irritation. Wife happy.
Day 2;
Mach3 side (left side); no nicks or cuts in spite of shaving over the Excel area from day 1. Smooth shave, some stubble. Little to no irritation on neck area (my weak area of shaving). Again a couple of strain/stubbles by the ear.
At 7pm; some shade, some indication of stubble but slightly more than Mach3 side. No irritation. Wife happy.

Fusion side (right side); again no nicks, no bleeding, smooth shave, no strains/stubbles under nose and by the ear (paid attention this time!)
At 7pm; minimial shade, some indication of stubble but slightly less than Mach3 side. No irritation. Wife happy.

Both Mach3 and Fusion have somewhat large cartridges with wide areas on the sides because of the way the blades are being held, forcing you to pay extra attention to those thight areas around your nose and along the ears. Both systems offer a nice, comfortable close shave but Fusion is slightly smoother and closer. Fusion has a better handle giving more control. The aloa strip on Fusion seems to work better and last longer, giving a smoother/slicker stroke and longer life to the cartridge.

Excel; your choice, but if you still use it, it is time to upgrade to at least Mach3!

Why use MS-DOS when you can use Win95 or XP and why buy Win95 when you can have XP?

My 2 cents in the shaving feud!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #127 on: March 21, 2006, 10:38:24 AM »
 :D

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: March 27, 2006, 07:54:20 PM »

da weekly bump.................... ...................... ;D

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #129 on: March 29, 2006, 12:42:56 PM »
yeah but when you're buying $20 to $30 replacement blades, you want to make them last longer, which then degrades them like you're shaving with an inferior product again.

Old Pig

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: March 29, 2006, 02:02:25 PM »
yeah but when you're buying $20 to $30 replacement blades, you want to make them last longer, which then degrades them like you're shaving with an inferior product again.

true, but at least until that point of deterioration, you have gotten a better shave than you ever got with Excel. if you decide to be a cheapo, you can use the cartridge forever and the shave from then on will be worse than it ever was with Excel, assuming you could afford to change your Excel cartridge once ever week or two. if you want to keep that better shave, you have to swap your cartridge once in a while.

Gillette could, if they wanted to, make a cartridge in which the blades would virtually never dull but using steel of that kind of quality would not be in their interest. Gillette gives a handle and two cartridges for cheap, you get hooked and the rest is history.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: March 29, 2006, 09:56:28 PM »
 ;)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: March 31, 2006, 09:07:28 PM »

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #133 on: April 01, 2006, 06:22:13 PM »
I used the Mach3 for almost ten years. Never really complained about it, I liked it. But the handle would keep letting the blades slip off, and when you shave in the shower, your at risk for stepping on them- or in my shower the blade going down the drain and clogging the drain.
The other day I picked up the Fusion, and I have to say I was skeptical. I used to shave every 3rd day (Monday, Thursday, Sunday etc....). I have a pretty sensitive face, so I was leary that two more blades would kill my face, as the Mach3 already did-even shaving in the shower.
I was wrong, this thing cuts smooth as all hell. I now only have to shave about every 5-6 days, but can go a full seven and not be bothered by the hair. It's probably cutting the hair deep into my face or something like that, but it's not irritating my skin, and it's a smoother shave.
I give it two thumbs up.

(Also, if anyone else has a sensitive face, try shaving in the shower, it's worked wonders for me!)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2006, 09:34:21 AM »
let's bump dis bad boy!

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2006, 07:36:46 AM »
No wayyyy  5 blades this truly is man kinds greatest hour this truly outshines mans firts steps on the moon and the atomic bomb I now truly believe there is no limit to man kind hats of to you fine people at gillette you truly are gods amoungst men
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2006, 09:18:17 AM »
   Hail mans greatest hour
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »
Still not available in the UK yet  :'(

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #138 on: May 22, 2006, 05:39:41 PM »
damn it flower!  everytime i read your post im going to be scared that you will ruin my mood! lol

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: May 22, 2006, 05:45:02 PM »
i wish i was oversexed. 

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: May 22, 2006, 08:18:07 PM »
WOW!!!!I gave up after the second page!If you can't get a decent smooth shave w/an old fashioned ordinary razor then you don't know how to shave.Before I get the hate you would be surprised how many times NCOs on an army base will call the cadets in for a meeting on showing the new recruits how to shave so he doesn't have to send them back from the mess hall in the morning to shave better than what he sees.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2006, 08:19:46 PM »
WOW!!!!I gave up after the second page!If you can't get a decent smooth shave w/an old fashioned ordinary razor then you don't know how to shave.Before I get the hate you would be surprised how many times NCOs on an army base will call the cadets in for a meeting on showing the new recruits how to shave so he doesn't have to send them back from the mess hall in the morning to shave better than what he sees.

how do they shave in the military?

aussiejosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2006, 07:32:45 AM »
Not only is the air on that nipple sooooo wrong the actuly nipple its self is funky as hell
SHUT UP AND LIFT BITCH

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2006, 06:53:55 PM »
yippee, more than 5 months after starting this thread, gillette have finally decided to let us in ol' blighty share in the joy of five bladed goodness!

I've just odered my free sample

http://www.mygillette.co.uk/Fusion_Sampling_Email/initial_email.htm

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2006, 11:26:58 AM »
bump

for

Greatness!!!!!!!!1

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2006, 12:06:32 PM »
lmao, the thread that wouldn't die
:D Weee

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: August 10, 2006, 08:06:16 AM »
 ;)

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2006, 05:44:49 PM »

UPDATE:

I got a free razor in the mail and I LOVE IT!!!

I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
      ;D

now I just have to buy the more expensive blades- assholes!!    >:(
thems teh breaks :)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #148 on: December 05, 2006, 05:45:20 PM »
I hate my Fusion, the very one I wrote about in this thread earlier. Rapes my face.
I went back to my good ole' Sensor. No more ingrown hairs, no more razor burn, just a nice smooth shave.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #149 on: December 05, 2006, 05:45:45 PM »

UPDATE:

I got a free razor in the mail and I LOVE IT!!!

I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
      ;D

now I just have to buy the more expensive blades- assholes!!    >:(

Brutal red pussyhair stuck in between the razor blades.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!