Author Topic: UFC 178 - Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier brawl (at media day)  (Read 36371 times)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
Re: UFC 178 - Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier brawl (at media day)
« Reply #225 on: August 12, 2014, 05:50:08 PM »
Jones needed the time to evict Cormier after renting his head space.   ;D
V

Uncle Junior

« Reply #226 on: August 12, 2014, 06:44:33 PM »
Ok let me reveal to you guys exactly what happened now.

So after Onetimehard wanted to bet me 1K on Cromier to win, in the back of my mind I thought "shit Jones might actually lose this fight" and i will be out of pocket here.

So I made a phone call to Dana White and asked to be put straight through to Jones and told him he better pull out of this fight and fake an injury cos I had a bet on an internet forum against a random dude that I needed to get out of pronto.

10 minutes later the fight was called off.

You see the power I have around here boys. ;)

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2014, 07:05:14 PM »
thats it in a nutshell,but he can only hide so long then dana will strip him,trust me if he pulls this shit again in january dana will strip him of the belt n have gustavsenn vs cormier for the vacant belt

Yes , Dana knows this type of behavior all to well after the Tito - Cluck Liddell drama.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2014, 07:07:32 PM »
Jones could etch out a nice long career if he is easily beating up cake walks like before.

But if he is in there having to fight wars with Cormier and Gustafson he won't last long.

He don't have the makings.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2014, 01:35:44 AM »
Jones could etch out a nice long career if he is easily beating up cake walks like before.

But if he is in there having to fight wars with Cormier and Gustafson he won't last long.

He don't have the makings.

exactly,if it was up to jones hed like to fight bader next,then maybe another guy in ranked number 7 or 9th,basiclly he wants to fight guys that present very little threat to him
R

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2014, 03:11:43 AM »
Just watched the Cormier VS Barnett fight.  Geez, Barnett can take a beating, his face at the end of the fight looked like it had been through a meat grinder.  Cormier isn't just a wrestler, he has a pretty good all round game.
V

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2014, 03:41:26 AM »
Just watched the Cormier VS Barnett fight.  Geez, Barnett can take a beating, his face at the end of the fight looked like it had been through a meat grinder.  Cormier isn't just a wrestler, he has a pretty good all round game.

I AGREE, NO DOUBT IT, EVERYONES ACTING LIKE CORMIER IS JUST A LAY N PRAY GUY WHO TAKES U DOWN N HOLDS U THERE N DOES NOTHING LIKE A KEVEN RANDLEMAN,CORMIER IS A FINISHER N HE PUTS A HURTING ON PEOPLE
R

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2014, 01:00:19 PM »
I AGREE, NO DOUBT IT, EVERYONES ACTING LIKE CORMIER IS JUST A LAY N PRAY GUY WHO TAKES U DOWN N HOLDS U THERE N DOES NOTHING LIKE A KEVEN RANDLEMAN,CORMIER IS A FINISHER N HE PUTS A HURTING ON PEOPLE

Yep , thats why the knowledgeable fans have been calling him the black Fedor for years now.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2014, 01:41:55 PM »
Relax mma fans YOUR lightheavyweight champion and THE greatest human being on planet earth - Jonny "rattle dem bones" Jones will return fully healed for your viewing pleasure on Jan 3 -only on payperview. This will give Dan " Hebrew Fedor" Cormier time to get his surgery done so that there will be no excuses when Jon J wins yet again and retains the title.

According to Jackson, the injury occurred while Jones was defending a takedown from UFC heavyweight talent Alistair Overeem during wrestling practice.

"It's part of the game, it wasn't like ... somebody went for a flying kick and dislocated [something]. Somebody went for a takedown, [Jones] stepped the wrong way, twisted the wrong way and down he went. He was fighting it, and he just twisted it. And then it just popped," Jackson said.

"Alistair's maybe 240, Jon's 220. It's not like he was working with a giant moose. It was just one of those things."

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2014, 01:55:45 PM »
Relax mma fans YOUR lightheavyweight champion and THE greatest human being on planet earth - Jonny "rattle dem bones" Jones will return fully healed for your viewing pleasure on Jan 3 -only on payperview. This will give Dan " Hebrew Fedor" Cormier time to get his surgery done so that there will be no excuses when Jon J wins yet again and retains the title.

According to Jackson, the injury occurred while Jones was defending a takedown from UFC heavyweight talent Alistair Overeem during wrestling practice.

"It's part of the game, it wasn't like ... somebody went for a flying kick and dislocated [something]. Somebody went for a takedown, [Jones] stepped the wrong way, twisted the wrong way and down he went. He was fighting it, and he just twisted it. And then it just popped," Jackson said.

"Alistair's maybe 240, Jon's 220. It's not like he was working with a giant moose. It was just one of those things."

nothing against allistair but wrestling practice ???i never looked at allistair as someone who would be a good partner for wrestling,stand up yes,most definately,allistair is a beast on the feat. while jones is working on wresling with allistair u got cormier working out in wrestling with ufc hw champ cain valasquez :o,i honestly hope jones is working with high caliber wrestlers for this bout,im talking mark coleman level wrestlers cause guys like allistair aint just gonna cut it.i know thats not his only training partner at jacksons gym but greg jackson should b,if he isnt already bringing in some top level HW(olympic)or atleast all american wretlers for jones to work on his sprawl n brawl cause lets face it guys that his only prayer is somehow fending off cormiers takedowns n staying away n using his reach. but thats not gonna happen n we will c a new champion in jan n it will b cormier,count on it :)
R

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2014, 02:27:00 PM »

If Cormier can pick up a 260 pound Barnett and slam him like he did what do you think we will do to a 210 pound Jones when he gets his hands on him?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2014, 03:47:43 PM »
nothing against allistair but wrestling practice ???i never looked at allistair as someone who would be a good partner for wrestling,stand up yes,most definately,allistair is a beast on the feat. while jones is working on wresling with allistair u got cormier working out in wrestling with ufc hw champ cain valasquez :o,i honestly hope jones is working with high caliber wrestlers for this bout,im talking mark coleman level wrestlers cause guys like allistair aint just gonna cut it.i know thats not his only training partner at jacksons gym but greg jackson should b,if he isnt already bringing in some top level HW(olympic)or atleast all american wretlers for jones to work on his sprawl n brawl cause lets face it guys that his only prayer is somehow fending off cormiers takedowns n staying away n using his reach. but thats not gonna happen n we will c a new champion in jan n it will b cormier,count on it :)

I can see Alistair being a good sparring partner for wrestling. He is long. Long arms, long legs, and about 6'5".

He would not be an easy guy to takedown.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2014, 05:16:24 PM »

I can see Alistair being a good sparring partner for wrestling. He is long. Long arms, long legs, and about 6'5".

He would not be an easy guy to takedown.

i agree on allistair being hard to takedown,only thing is allistair has decent takedown defense but his takedowns suck,jones imo needs guys that r gonna b trying to takehim down and r at the level or close to cormier, lets face it jones would b better off training with a guy like like coleman,bader ect,guys with excellent wrestling credentials, i really dont see the point of jones training with a guy 6,5 when hes fighting a guy 5,11,most good gyms have u sparring with guys that closely resemble the type of guy u r going to b fighting. like when chris weidman was preparing for anderson,serra brought in the lankiest n taller strikers to spar with weidman,i thinks its the smart thing to do. but im not jones n when it comes down to it im sure greg jackson knows what hes doing to prepare jones. then again u guys remember the clay guiada fight against grey manyard? greg jackson had guuida running the whole night n the audiance was booing n the ref hadc to warn guida to stop running n fight,so im not 100% sure jacksons the best at gameplans
R

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2014, 07:05:34 PM »
Doesn't Overeem have Sambo experience?

Cormier has upper body strength and takedown ability.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #239 on: August 14, 2014, 01:33:41 AM »
Doesn't Overeem have Sambo experience?

Cormier has upper body strength and takedown ability.

although he did judo at a very young age it was only for a short time, he was/is basiclly a dutch kickboxer who started out with guys like bas rutten,he never did sambo to my knowledge tho. allistair to his credit does have a nasty guillitine choke which he choked out vitor with,but again wrestling just aint his strength,hes not even close to the level of wrestler jones need to train with,not close
R

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2014, 02:01:11 AM »

So after Onetimehard wanted to bet me 1K on Cromier to win, in the back of my mind I thought "shit Jones might actually lose this fight" and i will be out of pocket here.

So I made a phone call to Dana White and asked to be put straight through to Jones and told him he better pull out of this fight and fake an injury cos I had a bet on an internet forum against a random dude that I needed to get out of pronto.

well looks like we will have to post pone, oh well.  :'(

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #241 on: August 14, 2014, 02:23:08 AM »

Jones woud have never lost that fight!

Uncle Junior

« Reply #242 on: August 14, 2014, 02:28:15 AM »
Jones woud have never lost that fight!

I know I was kidding, I was actually looking forward to cleaning up, was easy money the way I saw it.  ;)

Uncle Junior

« Reply #243 on: August 14, 2014, 02:31:11 AM »
well looks like we will have to post pone, oh well.  :'(

Yeah sucks bro, and the rest of the card is dog shit too, fucked up my UFC party night plans  :'(

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #244 on: August 14, 2014, 02:35:25 AM »

Yeah sucks bro, and the rest of the card is dog shit too, fucked up my UFC party night plans  :'(

how would u have a good time after u watched jones getting slammed around the octagon like a rag doll in a pit bulls jaws ;D, i admire your grit tho cause u r staying with a fighter that is clearly get get destroyed,u must b able to see that jumior
R

Uncle Junior

« Reply #245 on: August 14, 2014, 03:06:13 AM »
how would u have a good time after u watched jones getting slammed around the octagon like a rag doll in a pit bulls jaws ;D, i admire your grit tho cause u r staying with a fighter that is clearly get get destroyed,u must b able to see that jumior

Totally ridiculous how much credit people are giving this bum Cormier who can't strike, can hardly kick about his fucking waist (lmao), is slower than Shizzo stumbling out of a bar on a Friday night and has literally no game other than his wrestling and has fought a bunch of no bodies or x UFC rejects/down and outers and won half his fights on points  ::)

I mean Bigfoot silva another totally washed up has been who couldn't even handle fucktard  Mark C-unt....lmao ...oh boy.

Let me show what a real champ looks like fella, vicious kicks, elbows & knee's, precision timing and accuracy with strikes, impeccable take down defense, 20-0 (not even gonna count the technicality of the bullshit elbow disqualification) and has beaten Gustaffson, Sonnen, Belfort, Machida and Evans.

Cormier beat Mir on points and washed up shitfoot silva who looks like he has parkinsons...like WTF?

Evans was a sick wrestler too who tried to tie Jones up (like Cormier would have) and guess what Jones still came out on top.

Jones is different gravy my friend, different gravy I say.

Let me remind you of who the real champ is. I mean seriously compare these two vids and tell me you don't think fat fuck cormier is a bum.  ::)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #246 on: August 14, 2014, 03:36:56 AM »
cormier is a very good striker,not as flashy as jones but just as accurate

check out the stats

cormier- strikes landed per minute-4.08              jon jones- strikes landed per minute-4.33

striking accuracy            50%            striking accuracy                  54%    
             strike defense                70%            striking defense                    66%
             takedown defense          100%           takedown defense                 96%
             takedown accuracy         49%            takedown accuracy               50%
             takedown average           3.5              takedown average                2.37

pretty much even stats so cormier has got all around solid game
                        i know people might say jones fought tougher competition but thats highly debatable
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #247 on: August 14, 2014, 03:49:48 AM »
Totally ridiculous how much credit people are giving this bum Cormier who can't strike, can hardly kick about his fucking waist (lmao), is slower than Shizzo stumbling out of a bar on a Friday night and has literally no game other than his wrestling and has fought a bunch of no bodies or x UFC rejects/down and outers and won half his fights on points  ::)

I mean Bigfoot silva another totally washed up has been who couldn't even handle fucktard  Mark C-unt....lmao ...oh boy.

Let me show what a real champ looks like fella, vicious kicks, elbows & knee's, precision timing and accuracy with strikes, impeccable take down defense, 20-0 (not even gonna count the technicality of the bullshit elbow disqualification) and has beaten Gustaffson, Sonnen, Belfort, Machida and Evans.

Cormier beat Mir on points and washed up shitfoot silva who looks like he has parkinsons...like WTF?

Evans was a sick wrestler too who tried to tie Jones up (like Cormier would have) and guess what Jones still came out on top.

Jones is different gravy my friend, different gravy I say.

Let me remind you of who the real champ is. I mean seriously compare these two vids and tell me you don't think fat fuck cormier is a bum.  ::)

both guys r animals i just think cormiers better,i dont claim to know more about the sport of MMA than anyone else but i have been following it since 94 n over them yrs ive learned alot on fighters styles and how they match up with other fighters,i just think jones never faced a guy with the wrestling pit bull style n credentials that cormierposseses,jones relys alot on staying away and using his limbs(and eye pokes) and hes never had a guy like cormier on him like white on rice,i just think stylisticly its a very bad fight for jones,very bad
R

Uncle Junior

« Reply #248 on: August 14, 2014, 03:53:45 AM »
cormier is a very good striker,not as flashy as jones but just as accurate

check out the stats

cormier- strikes landed per minute-4.08              jon jones- strikes landed per minute-4.33

striking accuracy            50%            striking accuracy                  54%    
             strike defense                70%            striking defense                    66%
             takedown defense          100%           takedown defense                 96%
             takedown accuracy         49%            takedown accuracy               50%
             takedown average           3.5              takedown average                2.37

pretty much even stats so cormier has got all around solid game
                        i know people might say jones fought tougher competition but thats highly debatable

Gustaffson, Sonnen, Belfort, Machida and Evans vs  Bigfoot Silva, Country Nelson & Mir looking looking for one last pay cheques.....seriously there is no debate there! 

Put me up against Bigmc in the cage and i'd have 90% all around stats too
::)

Uncle Junior

« Reply #249 on: August 14, 2014, 04:25:37 AM »
i just think jones never faced a guy with the wrestling pit bull style n credentials that cormierposseses,limbs(and eye pokes) and hes never had a guy

i just think stylisticly its a very bad fight for jones,very bad

I disagree, I think stylistically it plays into Jones hands, Cormier will be looking for take downs all the time and be eating a bunch of knees and elbows on the way in. I also think Jones will control the range on the outside with leg kicks and counter Cormier on the way in. His take down defense is outstanding. It's cormier who has never met anyone with Jones versatility before, thats the key point.

Rashad Evans was no joke on the ground, no joke at all and similar to Cormier and Jones handled him very well. I expect jones to handle Cormier same way as he did Rashad.