Author Topic: UFC 178 - Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier brawl (at media day)  (Read 36152 times)

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Re: UFC 178 - Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier brawl (at media day)
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2014, 05:32:48 PM »
Chuck zito with his shirt off. oh brother  ::)

Yeah what was up with that, fighting isn't acting, what was he going to do.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2014, 06:04:18 PM »
I think Jones is going to face some serious issues against Cormier.

Cormier is technically (by way of weight & strength) a heavyweight fighting in the light heavyweight division.

Cormier's wrestling is better than anyone else in the UFC. So, when it comes to the ground, I doubt Jones will have any answer.

Cormier's stamina is phenomenal, as he mirrors Cain's training.

His striking is pretty impressive as well, as he takes the approach of overwhelming his opponents by keeping them guessing as to where he will land next. With a guy like Jones, he will negate the height by taking him against the fence and clinching until he chops him down. He did the same with Barnett and Mir.

Jones is a GREAT fighter, but for once, I don't think he will win.

....You don't want a man like this coming after you. Remember he has done the same to heavyweights (guys weighing 250+ pounds) with ease.

"1"

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #77 on: August 04, 2014, 06:11:16 PM »
How has no one mentioned his hairline.

Better to have never touched a weight than to end up with DC's hairline.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2014, 06:35:56 PM »

Cormier is technically (by way of weight & strength) a heavyweight fighting in the light heavyweight division.

Cormier's wrestling is better than anyone else in the UFC. So, when it comes to the ground, I doubt Jones will have any answer.

His striking is pretty impressive as well, as he takes the approach of overwhelming his opponents by keeping them guessing as to where he will land next. With a guy like Jones, he will negate the height by taking him against the fence and clinching until he chops him down. He did the same with Barnett and Mir.

....You don't want a man like this coming after you. Remember he has done the same to heavyweights (guys weighing 250+ pounds) with ease.

"1"

What weight does Cormier typically fight at? Could Cormier get gassed trying to make weight?  Lose explosiveness and conditioning? Also consider dropping weight=dropping strength.  Hope Cormier wins though. 

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2014, 06:37:48 PM »
Jones Jones is a fucking immature man child. He needs to get put in his place and be humbled.

This finally proves once and for all to be what most fans already expected of Jones. Guys a straight up egomaniac and badly needs a beating at heavyweight.

Not good on Cormier for provoking it , but emotions were running high. Its one thing shoving someone but decking the guy in front of a hundred witnesses lol fcking teenager behavior here.

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2014, 06:44:57 PM »
Calm down, you are not involved in this.  The outcome, whatever it may be, will have zero impact or effect on your life and well-being.

I know a few books on electricity you should check out at the local library instead.

Hahahaha

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2014, 07:10:03 PM »
The mind games begin. Troll jones  in the house

In relaying their versions of events, Jones remained calm and talked in a monotone voice, while Cormier frequently laughed, and interrupted the champion on a couple occasions.

Jones had barely gotten through his opening statement when Cormier broke in the first time. "You know what," Jones said. "First of all, I'd like to give an apology to the MGM Grand, all the fans ..."

"It's so fake!" a laughing Cormier interjected. "It's so fake!"

Jones continued with his version of Monday afternoon's events.

"Definitely not proud of what I did today," Jones said. "But, what happened was, we had a faceoff, and in he UFC, two athletes get very close in the faceoff, our heads touched, our nose rubbed together, it's a very intimate, very passionate moment for a lot of fighters (Cormier laughs). I've never actually had another fight put his hands on me by squeezing my throat. I reacted in self-defense by beating up Daniel."

Cormier again took a mocking tone with the champion before getting serious.

"I have actually never heard a fight being described as ‘intimate and passionate,'" Cormier said. "I have no idea what Jonny Jones is talking about.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2014, 07:21:48 PM »
I loved the spectacle and look forward to the fight, but aren't their laws against assaulting other people in public.  Essentially Jones assaulted Cormier and then pumped himself up and roared like a maniac.  This would have to be the most unprofessional conduct of an MMA fighter since Nick Diaz and his entourage publicly beat up Jason "Mayhem" Miller in Nashville.

Although this spectacle will sell lots of tickets, it will also draw a ton of media criticism.  Time will tell if this was a good thing or not.
V

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »

"1"
Yeah but Cormier has a torn LCL and partially damaged ACL in his right knee, he should get surgery,do the rehab and then fight.  I think it is a mistake to take a shot at the title with your knee in such condition.  Gustafsson pulled out due to a knee injury and so should Cormier.
V

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2014, 07:37:36 PM »

"1"

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2014, 07:41:29 PM »
You guys get all excited and every single time it just ends up with two men rolling around not doing anything until the time expires.

You gotta get tired of it at some point. 
Go somewhere else- don't be schmoing around here.  Man are talking

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2014, 08:18:19 PM »
Now the UFC and the Nevada State Athletic Committee are considering fining JJ and DC for their "brawl"

“This is certainly not a proud moment for the UFC organization,” said Kirk Hendrick, the UFC’s Chief Legal Officer. “We expect more from our athletes, especially these two gentlemen, who are very well-trained and highly educated professionals.  Their actions were clearly a violation of the UFC’s code of conduct." 

The Nevada State Athletic Commission has requested a video copy of the incident, and the UFC is cooperating fully with them in order to come to a quick resolution when it comes to possible penalties for both fighters. As for penalties from the UFC, Hendrick said, “We are going to reserve our right to penalize both fighters after the commission has made a decision. We expect more from our athletes and we are prepared to levy sanctions to reinforce the appropriate behavior."

Luckily, there were no serious injuries to the fighters or to anyone in attendance for the open to the public media day. 

“There are going to be ramifications,” he concluded. “Whether you’re the champion, or this is your first fight in the UFC, there are going to be ramifications from the UFC for these actions.” 

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2014, 08:37:07 PM »
These types of antics are more suitable for Piper's Pit.

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #88 on: August 04, 2014, 08:55:52 PM »

"1"
Jones will put Cormier in his place. No way jones will lose he is way to fast . He will choke the living shit out of cormier. Jones really is a world class fighter with a lot of experience. Cormier is strong but want hold up for more the 3 rounds at his best.
In any case this will be a great fight and I cant wait for the moment of truth. lol

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #89 on: August 04, 2014, 09:29:53 PM »
Blah blah Jones is a favourite but some people seem to forget that Cormier is not exactly a slow fighter. Sure Jones is fast but Cormier is not slow AT ALL. So, getting that out of the way Cormier has never had any issues fighting fighters bigger than himself. He KOed Antonia Silva who's 6'4" and 265 lbs. Jones is tiny compared to Silva. Cormier's going to close the distance and show Jones what wrestling is all about. Could be a boring fight but I think Cormier's going to win.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2014, 09:42:11 PM »
Lol @ all the speculation. Everyone is forgetting Jones secret weapon, the ancient invisible eye gouge, the refs don't see it,  but everyone else does!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2014, 09:55:21 PM »
every single cormier fight i've seen i've thought

"wtf how does this guy get so lucky"

every jones fight i've seen (except gustafsson) has been a clowning

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2014, 10:52:43 PM »
every single cormier fight i've seen i've thought

"wtf how does this guy get so lucky"

every jones fight i've seen (except gustafsson) has been a clowning
Better. Be lucky than good.

Best to be lucky AND good.

I dont think jones has ever fought anyone like cormier.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2014, 12:35:00 AM »
staged, fake and scripted

Simple Simon

« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2014, 12:37:57 AM »
Quite possibly
If one of them got injured then the fight would be off and the UFC would be down a ton of money.
I fail to see how they get away with this behaviour unless they were not told to do it by TPTB.

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2014, 12:42:55 AM »
It would have been interesting if one of them got impaled on that cheap collapsing backdrop wall

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2014, 01:04:30 AM »
Why on earth would the UFC stage such an incident?  The negative publicity alone this will attract is more than enough reason not to, plus the fight would have sold really well without this and not to mention the unlikelihood that two elite athletes risking serious injury to themselves or others faking a fight to promote a UFC event.  
V

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2014, 03:24:58 AM »
i laugh at this so called sport.

is this the behaviour of sportsmen?

you never see kai or phil fighting like this

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2014, 03:55:29 AM »

"1"

Extremely awesome and entertaining hype post, thanks  :P

But even tho I'm cheering for cormier, this is the biggest challenge by far in cormiers ufc career imo, or do you disagree?

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2014, 04:43:46 AM »
 ::)

These stupid fucking press conference brawls have become so tiresome.
Tedious shit to hype up a fight and make it seem that the guys "really hate each other".