Author Topic: all my heroes are scum.  (Read 7566 times)

falco

• Getbig V
Re: all my heroes are scum.
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2014, 03:46:00 AM »
Just trying to read Scar tissue, and it just hit me like a ton of bricks.

All of my teenage heroes are fucking scum bags.

Ledzeppelin, RHCP, Arnold, are all a bunch of dirty people.

I know Im a bit old for this kind of statement.

But seriously, rock music, sport, etc have all been ruined.

Jesus should be your hero. He will never let you down.

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2014, 03:49:16 AM »
This what you get for looking up to a man.

EXACTLY. To say that a mere man is your "hero" is sad

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2014, 03:55:48 AM »
preaching to kids to not have role models ::)  

news flash, kids get attached easily and emotionally to parents and role models alike.  And how many parents are actually fit to be role models to begin with? Seriously, probably a very small percentage.  And the kids who don't have homes, broken homes, one parent figure missing and the million other reasons they shouldn't see their parents as role models and for whatever reason look to a sports figure or whatever. Our society basically promotes and throws role models right into our youth's faces. There is something wrong with you people who think it's the kids fault if the idolize someone... get a real perspective.

I don't really blame kids for idolizing celebs but it's their parents who they will learn their life lessons from at the end of the day. Their parents will play a far bigger role in their development then some popstar.

And when you have grown men hero worshiping celebs, they you've got a problem. :D

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2014, 04:13:34 AM »
I don't really blame kids for idolizing celebs but it's their parents who they will learn their life lessons from at the end of the day. Their parents will play a far bigger role in their development then some popstar.

And when you have grown men hero worshiping celebs, they you've got a problem. :D

Once again, 90% of parent's aren't fit to be role models.  And yes, grown men worshiping celebs is a problem, not sure why its funny. Oh and you propagate the entire process of celebs being revered when you pay money to go watch their movies or watch TV. But you aren't trying to hear anything I'm conveying anyways because you live in a bubble.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2014, 04:18:33 AM »
Once again, 90% of parent's aren't fit to be role models.  And yes, grown men worshiping celebs is a problem, not sure why its funny. Oh and you propagate the entire process of celebs being revered when you pay money to go watch their movies or watch TV. But you aren't trying to hear anything I'm conveying anyways because you live in a bubble.

Don't take out your frustrations on Ted. Therapy will help you more.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2014, 04:23:01 AM »

Which probably explains why so much of the human population are poor quality people. A bad upbringing often is the cause.

:D ;D

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2014, 04:32:12 AM »
Words from the great Mariah Carey:

And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you'll finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2014, 04:34:24 AM »

I see stupid people. Everywhere.

Which probably explains why so much of the human population are poor quality people. A bad upbringing often is the cause.

Agreed.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2014, 04:35:43 AM »

That a hero lies in you

Some old white man probably wrote that song.
A

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2014, 04:37:18 AM »
I see stupid people. Everywhere.

Good for you. You are one of the cool kids. Just keep telling yourself that and it may come true. Clicking your heels three times may also help.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2014, 04:40:38 AM »

That a hero lies in you

Would love to be Mariah's hero. :P

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2014, 04:47:16 AM »
This what you get for looking up to a man.
What would Jesus say?

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2014, 04:59:12 AM »
Good for you. You are one of the cool kids. Just keep telling yourself that and it may come true. Clicking your heels three times may also help.

That's all you got?  Weak shit. You had a witty retort earlier,to a conversation you had nothing to do with but this one isn't close to the last one. Try again.

And by "I see stupid people everywhere" I partially meant to say your off base inference of me based off a few posts was incorrect and unintelligent. Later buddy.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2014, 06:20:56 AM »

X2.

Felt the same way about Scar tissue, Anthony crying for a free leather jacket?? also Licking cars bumber's grill ...really? I think it was....  the most embarrassing thing only a scumbag would do to do ......

kudos for being honest  also a total junkie he would lock himself up  in a hotel room for days on a drug binge .

While Pablo Escobar used to own 85 % of cocaine in the world and never used it
He would tell his "employees " not to use that "shit " was very addictive and could turn you in to a loser "  oh the irony.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WoooSSSHHHHHHHH

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2014, 06:22:32 AM »
That's all you got?  Weak shit. You had a witty retort earlier,to a conversation you had nothing to do with but this one isn't close to the last one. Try again.

And by "I see stupid people everywhere" I partially meant to say your off base inference of me based off a few posts was incorrect and unintelligent. Later buddy.
I have plenty of witty repartee, but today is indeed less than stellar. Work is getting in the way of GB.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2014, 06:34:23 AM »
People that worship these people are LESS then scum

Don't be that hard, when your'e a kid growing up and  in one single summer you have  Ben Johnson the fastest man ever !  Jose Canseco the best baseball player, Myke Tyson the best Boxer, Maradona the best soccer player ,Arnold the biggest action movie hero, and even George Michael (women were just crazy about him) and that very same summer 1988, he  had album of the year 4 top ten hits all written produced by him ....... these guys were all Gods among humans .....

now  26 years later ,

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2014, 10:41:50 AM »
I was heart broken when I learned my hero J.S Bach only had 22 kids.  It's like he wasn't even trying!   >:(

MikMaq

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2014, 11:13:31 AM »
X2.

Felt the same way about Scar tissue, Anthony crying for a free leather jacket?? also Licking cars bumber's grill ...really? I think it was....  the most embarrassing thing only a scumbag would do to do ......

kudos for being honest  also a total junkie he would lock himself up  in a hotel room for days on a drug binge .

Dude is a complete sociopath. And I mean that in the sense that he had the personal development of a 10 year old at the age of 42.

It was amazing reading his stories of his life from ages 10-15 and seeing absolutely no change in identity in his later years.

The band always gave off the image that they were more progressive than many of the hair bands they grew up around. Had life figured out kind of deal etc. The reality is fucking staggeringly different.

blackpele

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2014, 12:33:01 PM »
.best quote ever

That's by far the best quote I ever read, not like the ones Palumbo says on his radio.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2014, 12:58:30 PM »
oh brother, good to see ludgren has fallen right in line with the "autist-cum-emotional-intelligence-guru" archetype

i suppose it's only fitting to find him on a bbing board, chalk full as it were of "social-outcast-cum-needle-powered-physical-lifestyle-gurus"

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2014, 07:40:54 PM »
whatabout the kids that have no parents

Or degenerate asshole parents.  Celebrity worship is no good but role models in life have their place.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2014, 08:58:36 PM »

Pick better heroes.