Author Topic: Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys)....WTF?  (Read 163890 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys)....WTF?
« Reply #175 on: October 06, 2014, 12:29:49 PM »
No... it takes more than a single player to get that done.

Rex grossman comes to mind who failed miserably

U still gotta be decent or get hot at the right moment like flacco and Eli

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #176 on: October 06, 2014, 12:30:47 PM »
Rex grossman comes to mind who failed miserably

U still gotta be decent or get hot at the right moment like flacco and Eli

Eli got hot TWICE.

I don't know if I will ever see Flacco win another ring to be honest.

Certainly there's lots of things that go along with it.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #177 on: October 06, 2014, 01:08:12 PM »
Eli got hot TWICE.

I don't know if I will ever see Flacco win another ring to be honest.

Certainly there's lots of things that go along with it.

True

Flacco most likely will never win another one esp now that he has that huge contract

If there is anyone that deserves one I think it's rivers imo

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #178 on: October 06, 2014, 02:28:53 PM »
True

Flacco most likely will never win another one esp now that he has that huge contract

If there is anyone that deserves one I think it's rivers imo

Rivers has been MVP-like this year.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #179 on: October 06, 2014, 02:30:33 PM »
Rivers has been MVP-like this year.

Don't know if he will ever win won.

San Diego should have never fired Schottenheimer.

He could have had a couple of more goes at it if they had kept him.

Rivers does look fantastic. Could be his year, but we shall see.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #180 on: October 06, 2014, 05:43:24 PM »
watch Russel Wilson if you guys want to watch a kid who's going to be something very special.

scrambles like a scared hare. great touch on the ball. prolly one the most accurate passers on the run outside the pocket. his football instincts can't be taught.

imo one of the top and most accurate passers in the league, the best athlete in that position in the league and the most exciting player to watch in the NFL.

kids got it all. 5 years from now if he keeps developing like this people will be using him in the same breath as Montana Brady and Manning.

RG and Kaepernick couldn't hold his jock strap. this kids the real deal.

top 3 QBs in the league in no particular order - t Brady p manning Russell Wilson. if I were building a team I'd take him over Brees Luck and Rodgers any day.
b

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #181 on: October 06, 2014, 05:51:26 PM »
watch Russel Wilson if you guys want to watch a kid who's going to be something very special.

scrambles like a scared hare. great touch on the ball. prolly one the most accurate passers on the run outside the pocket. his football instincts can't be taught.

imo one of the top and most accurate passers in the league, the best athlete in that position in the league and the most exciting player to watch in the NFL.

kids got it all. 5 years from now if he keeps developing like this people will be using him in the same breath as Montana Brady and Manning.

top 3 QBs in the league in no particular order - t Brady p manning Russell Wilson. if I were building a team I'd take him over Brees Luck and Rodgers any day.
Wilson is awesome. He is light years ahead of a guy like Kaepernick.

Luck is a very good qb too though. The Seahawks have a far better team surrounding Wilson than Luck does.

You are right about wanting to build a team around Wilson.

He just has that "it" factor.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: October 06, 2014, 06:06:49 PM »
Wilson is awesome. He is light years ahead of a guy like Kaepernick.

Luck is a very good qb too though. The Seahawks have a far better team surrounding Wilson than Luck does.

You are right about wanting to build a team around Wilson.

He just has that "it" factor.

he just seems to play the game faster than everyone around him. it's almost like he's on another level when it comes to his instincts and athleticism. the guy chews up 20yrds on the ground like he's out for walk.

I like luck. he reminds me of a white cam newton athleticism wise and a Peyton manning passing wise. I think people have a difficult time putting Wilson over luck is because of the height differential. imo if wilson was lucks height we wouldn't be having this conversation.
b

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #183 on: October 06, 2014, 10:31:47 PM »

No disagreement. There is without a doubt no better young QB in the game.

If he can stay injury free, he's got numerous rings in his future.

He's a straight stud in the NFL. Watching him tonight was like listening to a symphony with my eyes.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: October 12, 2014, 04:28:47 PM »
I luv u

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #185 on: October 12, 2014, 04:33:25 PM »
Cowboys......hey......pa ss the Kool-Aid LOL.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: October 12, 2014, 04:36:55 PM »
In a match-up of shit QB Tony Romo vs. Super Duper Badass GOD QB Russell Wilson, it wasn't even close.

Romo comes in with a solid 21/32, 250 Yards, 2 TD 0 INT

While Wilson puts up a pathetic 14/28, 126 yards 0 TD and his last throw being an interception.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: October 12, 2014, 05:01:43 PM »
In a match-up of shit QB Tony Romo vs. Super Duper Badass GOD QB Russell Wilson, it wasn't even close.

Romo comes in with a solid 21/32, 250 Yards, 2 TD 0 INT

While Wilson puts up a pathetic 14/28, 126 yards 0 TD and his last throw being an interception.

lol one game. wow.

lets count superbowl rings.

I get you have a vested interest as a Dallas fan in supporting tony romo but don't let they loyalty cause you to talk with no common sense. Wilson had a bad game. Romos made a career of having bad games.

there's tony romo and there's Russell Wilson. there is no comparison.

can you honestly say you'd take tony romo (from any year) over Russell Wilson if you were building a team?
b

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: October 12, 2014, 05:08:54 PM »
Winning up in Seattle is nearly impossible and they did it

Dallas is 5-1 and its a big win everywhere for them for a team that was projected as failures and predictions of 7-9, 8-8, or 6-10 etc...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: October 12, 2014, 05:16:20 PM »
lol one game. wow.

I get you have a vested interest as a Dallas fan in supporting tony romo but don't let they loyalty cause you to talk with no common sense. Wilson had a bad game. Romos made a career of having bad games.

can you honestly say you'd take tony romo (from any year) over Russell Wilson if you were building a team?

What does that even mean?  ???

My stance the entire time has been that Tony Romo is a really good NFL quarterback who will play better this year and probably surprise some people with an improved offensive line.  

Nothing more, nothing less.

Shit gets easier when you aren't playing from behind and having to throw the ball 50 times.

And seeing how 3 of those top lineman are 23 years old and younger, he will probably end his career putting up similar numbers to what I have been posting.

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: October 12, 2014, 05:40:06 PM »
What does that even mean?  ???

My stance the entire time has been that Tony Romo is a really good NFL quarterback who will play better this year and probably surprise some people with an improved offensive line.  

Nothing more, nothing less.

Shit gets easier when you aren't playing from behind and having to throw the ball 50 times.

And seeing how 3 of those top lineman are 23 years old and younger, he will probably end his career putting up similar numbers to what I have been posting.

no, your stance was being vindictive and petty over dallas beating seattle after the post i made regarding russel wilson.

and i have no clue what that means. lol actually it begins to make no sense at 'dont let they loyalty...'  :D

b

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #191 on: October 12, 2014, 05:41:54 PM »
Winning up in Seattle is nearly impossible and they did it

Dallas is 5-1 and its a big win everywhere for them for a team that was projected as failures and predictions of 7-9, 8-8, or 6-10 etc...

i didnt think the whole of the nfc east would win 25 games this year. the two biggest surprises are the two teams i figured would have tanked badly by now- dallas and NY. and i am giants fan.
b

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: October 12, 2014, 05:47:06 PM »
no, your stance was being vindictive and petty over dallas beating seattle after the post i made regarding russel wilson.

and i have no clue what that means. lol actually it begins to make no sense at 'dont let they loyalty...'  :D

haha, I know Russell Wilson is the real deal and a franchise changing player plus Seattle is likely going to win 12 to 14 games this year so I just gotta get my cheap pot shots whenever I can!  8) :D

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: October 12, 2014, 10:55:43 PM »
haha, I know Russell Wilson is the real deal and a franchise changing player plus Seattle is likely going to win 12 to 14 games this year so I just gotta get my cheap pot shots whenever I can!  8) :D

I dunno. Dallas D played Wilson well. same thing w SD. if you can contain him it makes it very difficult for him to do what he does best- keep dead plays alive and turn them into positive yardage. id like to see a stat on that actually.

you almost have to spy him. commit a linebacker to him. but you can't have your linebackers commit too much before the snap of the ball because he's very very good at optioning the ball. spy also serves to keep Lynch honest too. keeps an extra attacker in the box but you have to hang your secondary out a bit on man coverage to do it which really benefits a guy like harvin, or say lynch if he's blocking out of the backfield and rolls up in that area 5 yards or so past the line of scrimmage. the guy you have assigned to Wilson has to stay put leaving lynch open if Wilson can evade under pressure or misses a progression a designed play which Seattle executes very well

that's how you beat Seattle. you gamble and attempt to make Wilson a non factor cause your sure as shit not going to beat them in a shoot out. Sherman proves even in press coverage he's the real deal w/o the ability to have contact at the line of scrimmage. that D is still tenacious and very fast. eliminate Wilson, manage the game on offense just small chunks keep the chains active and you have a good shot.

Seattle I've noticed also tends to play better once they establish a rhythm either w Wilson or w lynch. most teams use run to open up the pass. Seattle uses run to further jam the ball down your throat. if you can prevent that rhythm and have Carroll need to deviate from their plan of attack you got a great shot. Seattle is rhythm team if ever there was one. that's why they are so dominant when they get the run game going or Wilson going. when they have to 'work ' and grind out a win it's a differnt ball game for them.
b

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: October 13, 2014, 04:27:09 AM »

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: October 13, 2014, 04:42:37 AM »

Ironic in this game romo showed wilson how it's done on a top tier defense haha

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: October 13, 2014, 05:24:25 AM »
I dunno. Dallas D played Wilson well. same thing w SD. if you can contain him it makes it very difficult for him to do what he does best- keep dead plays alive and turn them into positive yardage. id like to see a stat on that actually.

you almost have to spy him. commit a linebacker to him. but you can't have your linebackers commit too much before the snap of the ball because he's very very good at optioning the ball. spy also serves to keep Lynch honest too. keeps an extra attacker in the box but you have to hang your secondary out a bit on man coverage to do it which really benefits a guy like harvin, or say lynch if he's blocking out of the backfield and rolls up in that area 5 yards or so past the line of scrimmage. the guy you have assigned to Wilson has to stay put leaving lynch open if Wilson can evade under pressure or misses a progression a designed play which Seattle executes very well

that's how you beat Seattle. you gamble and attempt to make Wilson a non factor cause your sure as shit not going to beat them in a shoot out. Sherman proves even in press coverage he's the real deal w/o the ability to have contact at the line of scrimmage. that D is still tenacious and very fast. eliminate Wilson, manage the game on offense just small chunks keep the chains active and you have a good shot.

Seattle I've noticed also tends to play better once they establish a rhythm either w Wilson or w lynch. most teams use run to open up the pass. Seattle uses run to further jam the ball down your throat. if you can prevent that rhythm and have Carroll need to deviate from their plan of attack you got a great shot. Seattle is rhythm team if ever there was one. that's why they are so dominant when they get the run game going or Wilson going. when they have to 'work ' and grind out a win it's a differnt ball game for them.

Gotta run the ball hard like Dallas did. Even if it's 2 or 3 yards a pop, you gotta do that then of course that 3rd down conversion becomes extremely critical. Even if you are taking brutal shots like Murray was. Keep Seattle's defense on the field and Seattle's offense off. Easier said than done, of course. Seattle has been the most physical team in the NFL this year and Dallas went in there and were just more physical.

If this had been Dallas from a couple years ago they would have thrown caution to the wind after going down 10 points and started throwing left and right and shit would have really gotten out of hand for them. This year they have confidence in their guys up front and stuck to the game plan.

That injury to cornerback Maxwell looked pretty legit and the announcers were saying that besides Sherman they are kinda sparse at that position so maybe within the next few weeks teams will be able to exploit that. I think they said his replacement was a practice squad guy or something like that.

Russell Wilson is a helluva quarterback, yes he is, but when you take into account how hard it is to win back to back Superbowls and the fact that Lynch will be 29 next year I think it is going to be interesting to see how his career plays out over the next 2 or 3 seasons.

They were talking on the radio about some of the drafts Seattle were having here lately. Pulling starters out of the 5th, 6th, 7th rounds. Unreal how quickly they have turned that franchise around. If they can continue to draft like that then it's just not going to be fair for the rest of the NFC.  :)

no one

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: October 13, 2014, 05:31:18 AM »
dude on a broken play like that eventually some is going to get open somewhere. its not a defensive breakdown when you have receivers scrambling helter skelter all over the field trying to save their QBs ass. lol fuck. if anything it shows romo once again being careless with the ball, way overthrowing his intended receiver and getting bailed out by the receiver streaking accross field and w making yet another circus catch.

b

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: October 13, 2014, 05:34:33 AM »
dude on a broken play like that eventually some is going to get open somewhere. its not a defensive breakdown when you have receivers scrambling helter skelter all over the field trying to save their QBs ass. lol fuck. if anything it shows romo once again being careless with the ball, way overthrowing his intended receiver and getting bailed out by the receiver streaking accross field and w making yet another circus catch.

Heard Eli got sacked 8 times  ;D

forillagorilla

• Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: October 13, 2014, 05:35:32 AM »
lol one game. wow.

If you truly understand the game - you cannot dispute that Romo made plays last night that few others could make. Has the guy been a disaster at times?? Hell yes. But Romo has major talent.
Dallas out HIT the Hawks - they were more physical and the Cowboy O line dominated the game...
Was very cool seeing Dez and Sherman going at it - two of the very best in the game.