Author Topic: Mexico won't pay a cent for Trump's 'stupid wall'  (Read 3682 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Mexico won't pay a cent for Trump's 'stupid wall'
« on: February 08, 2016, 08:23:25 PM »
Truth.  Trump has not explained how he would force Mexico to pay for it. 

Mexico won't pay a cent for Trump's 'stupid wall'
Holly Ellyatt   | Hadley Gamble
CNBC.com

Donald Trump may want to build a wall across the U.S. southern border to keep Mexican migrants out but don't expect Mexico to pay for it, former President Felipe Calderon told CNBC, calling the billionaire a "not very well-informed man."

The GOP presidential hopeful insisted in October that if elected, he would build a wall aloing the Mexican border and get Mexico to pay for it. But Calderon, Mexico's president from 2006 to 2012, told CNBC on Saturday that there was no way that Mexico would pay for it.

"Mexican people, we are not going to pay any single cent for such a stupid wall! And it's going to be completely useless," Calderon said.

"The first loser of such a policy would be the United States," he said. "If this guy pretends that closing the borders to anywhere either for trade (or) for people is going to provide prosperity to the United States, he is completely crazy."

When announcing his presidential bid last June, Trump said "the U.S. had become a dumping ground for everybody else's problems," and called out Mexico as a particular culprit. "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. ...They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people," Trump said.

Calderon questioned the caliber of candidates like Trump, who has offended large sections of the population , including Muslims by calling for a temporary ban on Muslims entering the U.S., as well as attracting a large following during his presidential bid.

"It is incredible that a quite admirable society like the American society could produce such kind of candidates," Calderon said. "I cannot understand that. No offense, no offense to America. So Donald Trump … is ambitious but not exactly very well-informed man, I don't want to say ignorant, but he is not very well informed."

Calderon said the level of migration of the Mexican labor force to the U.S. had been steadily declining.

His comments are borne out by analysis carried out by the Pew Research Center showing that the overall flow of Mexican immigrants between the two countries is at its smallest since the 1990s.

From 2009 to 2014, 1million Mexicans and their families, including U.S.-born children, left the U.S. for Mexico, according to data from the 2014 Mexican National Survey of Demographic Dynamics, Pew said.

U.S. census data for the same period show an estimated 870,000 Mexican nationals left Mexico to come to the U.S., a smaller number than the flow of families from the U.S. to Mexico.

Calderon said that children studying in Mexican schools and universities no longer wanted to go the U.S. as they had opportunities closer to home with around 4 percent unemployment, although he conceded that there were still "bad salaries" in Mexico.

"They don't want to go, they can work for a motor company (that's) not in Detroit, I am sorry to say. They are working for a motor company in Hermosillo and Toluca, so Mazda is coming to Mexico, Honda is coming to Mexico. Those kids have jobs in that industry in Mexico."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/08/mexico-wont-pay-single-cent-for-trumps-stupid-wall.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Mexico won't pay a cent for Trump's 'stupid wall'
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 08:53:53 PM »
Truth.  Trump has not explained how he would force Mexico to pay for it. 

Trump doesn't have to explain his impossible policies because he just makes a bigger, bolder statement in the media the next night, and nobody holds him accountable.

Tonight he actually called Ted Cruz a "pu**y".   I mean, in any other election, this person is branded classless trash not fit for leadership.  Instead, everyone's cheering it on. 

All trump has to do, if he ever gets into trouble, is just say something even bolder the next day.  Of course the wall is impossible, and of course, trump said illegals CAN stay - he said it in July 2015 - if they haven't raped or committed a felony.  He's inconsistent as shit.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 09:28:41 AM »
America GIVES mexico billions in aid money every year as well as willingly looks the other way while they take advantage of us at every turn...Mexico should thank their lucky stars every day they happen to share a border with the United States. they are NOTHING without us. America holds literally all the cards and all the power in any dealings with them, should they choose to exercise that power.

if American started acting like all the other superpowers in history instead of the most ultra-PC power in history, mexico would be begging us for the opportunity to pay for a wall.

the only thin that is missing is the political will to do so...if we had the right leaders on top, things could be COMPLETELY different and yes, they would build a wall at mexico's expense, no problem whatsoever.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 09:43:02 AM »
America GIVES mexico billions in aid money every year as well as willingly looks the other way while they take advantage of us at every turn...Mexico should thank their lucky stars every day they happen to share a border with the United States. they are NOTHING without us. America holds literally all the cards and all the power in any dealings with them, should they choose to exercise that power.

if American started acting like all the other superpowers in history instead of the most ultra-PC power in history, mexico would be begging us for the opportunity to pay for a wall.

the only thin that is missing is the political will to do so...if we had the right leaders on top, things could be COMPLETELY different and yes, they would build a wall at mexico's expense, no problem whatsoever.

This is as vague as Trump's claim.  Or are you saying we withhold federal aid in exchange for them paying for a wall? 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 10:53:15 AM »
I know, right now, the people of Mexico and beyond can freely come here and pipe back all the money they can get their hands on.  And I know they do exactly that, every day, through all manner of opportunity and effort.

A wall is a waste except maybe as a symbol, because as long as there are no enforced restrictions against the use of illegal workers, then a wall means very little.  But any "deal" we make with Mexico could and should have the weight of every single future Western-Union transaction a Mexican makes from here, as the most bare first step.  Starting from a place which threatens to cut as close to zero as we can possibly make it.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 11:09:47 AM »

All these so called "experts" have been dead wrong about Trump the entire time and there is a decent possibility that they will be all the way up until he is sworn into office.

To think that President Trump wouldn't be able to use leverage to get Mexico to pay for the wall? Please.

This is what happens when people begin to get emotions involved with politics. They don't like the guy so they'll lose all credibility they have in trying  to attack him or might light of his candidacy.

Here we have a guy in Marco Rubio who looks like the biggest dope repeating the same canned line over and over and yet YOU STILL HAVE "experts" thinking that he is going to win the nomination.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 11:47:14 AM »
All these so called "experts" have been dead wrong about Trump the entire time and there is a decent possibility that they will be all the way up until he is sworn into office.

To think that President Trump wouldn't be able to use leverage to get Mexico to pay for the wall? Please.

This is what happens when people begin to get emotions involved with politics. They don't like the guy so they'll lose all credibility they have in trying  to attack him or might light of his candidacy.

Here we have a guy in Marco Rubio who looks like the biggest dope repeating the same canned line over and over and yet YOU STILL HAVE "experts" thinking that he is going to win the nomination.

I cannot speak for the "experts," but as just an average Joe voter, I'm not emotional about Trump at all.  In fact, I think Trump is playing on people's emotions.  He wants people to follow him partly due to emotions, rather than intellect.  If anyone actually thinks about everything Trump says, it's really hard to support him, unless a person simply decides they don't care about the lack of specifics and his scarily poor temperament and immaturity. 

And I absolutely think Rubio, Cruz, or Jeb can win the nomination. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 12:26:54 PM »
I cannot speak for the "experts," but as just an average Joe voter, I'm not emotional about Trump at all.  In fact, I think Trump is playing on people's emotions.  He wants people to follow him partly due to emotions, rather than intellect.  If anyone actually thinks about everything Trump says, it's really hard to support him, unless a person simply decides they don't care about the lack of specifics and his scarily poor temperament and immaturity. 

And I absolutely think Rubio, Cruz, or Jeb can win the nomination. 

It's overwhelmingly a 2 man race between Trump and Cruz with Trump having a fairly decent lead.

I suppose you could say Rubio and Jeb still have a "shot".

Rubio seemingly had some solid momentum but he really really hurt himself with repeating the same canned line 3 times the other night. Cringeworthy bad. Maybe not to you, but to alot of voters that really hurt him.

And it's just an anti-establishment election so that makes it very difficult for Jeb as well.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 12:32:30 PM »
It's overwhelmingly a 2 man race between Trump and Cruz with Trump having a fairly decent lead.

I suppose you could say Rubio and Jeb still have a "shot".

Rubio seemingly had some solid momentum but he really really hurt himself with repeating the same canned line 3 times the other night. Cringeworthy bad. Maybe not to you, but to alot of voters that really hurt him.

And it's just an anti-establishment election so that makes it very difficult for Jeb as well.

Here is the current delegate count:

Trump:  17
Cruz:  10
Rubio:  7
Kasich:  4
Bush:  3
Carson:  3
Fiorina:  1

That's not much of a lead at all, and it's clearly still a wide open race.  Delegates are all that matters.  

I agree Rubio's repeating the same line was bad.  I don't agree that those moments define him.  And I don't think it's as big of an issue as some have made it out to be.  

The thing that will help Jeb is having more money than about anyone except Trump.  Along with Dubya campaigning for him.  

James

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 12:33:26 PM »

He did it again just 2 day's ago:

He says the same identical sentence just 20 seconds apart.

(watch when he realizes it at the 26 second mark)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 12:51:39 PM »
He did it again just 2 day's ago:

He says the same identical sentence just 20 seconds apart.

(watch when he realizes it at the 26 second mark)

Unbelievable. I can't believe I am watching real life candidates. This shit is straight out of a Saturday Night Live comedy skit.

Dos Equis, if you are right and either one of these guys ends up getting the nomination I will praise you to the sky for your prediction but I simply cannot see it. I really am trying to follow you on this one but Trump and Cruz are both on a completely different level skillwise when compared to these 2.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 12:55:15 PM »
Unbelievable. I can't believe I am watching real life candidates. This shit is straight out of a Saturday Night Live comedy skit.

Dos Equis, if you are right and either one of these guys ends up getting the nomination I will praise you to the sky for your prediction but I simply cannot see it. I really am trying to follow you on this one but Trump and Cruz are both on a completely different level skillwise when compared to these 2.

I don't think sound bites mean much of anything in this context.  

Overall, Cruz is excellent.  Trump is terrible.  Rubio does a great job too.  

I really don't view Trump as anything more than an entertainer.  I give him props for leading the media around by the ear and dominating the news coverage.  But in terms of substance, he gets a C minus.  And the only reason I don't give him an F is he did a good job by forcing other candidates to start talking about things like illegal immigration.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 12:59:37 PM »

Not only that, BUT it happened a day AFTER he was busted saying the same thing 3 times in 6 minutes.

You'd think he'd wake up and say "Wow,they really nailed me yesterday for repeating canned shit, it's time to be original".  He gets onstage and, thanks to habit, does it again.  Stops himself and awkwardly re-words it after being 80% through the second version of it. 

Rubio does a great job of parroting whatever talking points are popular with FOX News right now, and just having a better appearance than the others up there.  If Rubio LOOKS like Bernie Sanders, and sounds identical, he never gets on the big debate stage.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 01:00:35 PM »
the wall is stupidest idea out there.

Everyone knows the real solution.

James

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 06:52:02 AM »
Not only that, BUT it happened a day AFTER he was busted saying the same thing 3 times in 6 minutes.

You'd think he'd wake up and say "Wow,they really nailed me yesterday for repeating canned shit, it's time to be original".  He gets onstage and, thanks to habit, does it again.  Stops himself and awkwardly re-words it after being 80% through the second version of it. 

Rubio does a great job of parroting whatever talking points are popular with FOX News right now, and just having a better appearance than the others up there.  If Rubio LOOKS like Bernie Sanders, and sounds identical, he never gets on the big debate stage.

THIS.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 02:34:33 PM »
This is as vague as Trump's claim.  Or are you saying we withhold federal aid in exchange for them paying for a wall? 

it literally is as simple as that. AMERICA hold all the cards/power in that relationship. they are completely at our mercy. all we need is the political will to exercise that power.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 08:47:52 AM »
it literally is as simple as that. AMERICA hold all the cards/power in that relationship. they are completely at our mercy. all we need is the political will to exercise that power.

I agree we need the political will to make that kind of bold decision, although the president doesn't have the power to unilaterally control federal funds.  I really don't see Trump being able to convince Congress to withhold federal funds.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 10:41:15 AM »
I agree we need the political will to make that kind of bold decision, although the president doesn't have the power to unilaterally control federal funds.  I really don't see Trump being able to convince Congress to withhold federal funds.  

imagine pres trump trying to convince congress to add a 25% tax on chinese goods or foreign cars or iPhones.  he's out of his mind.

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 12:24:47 PM »
I got that southpark clip in my head where Mr Garisson asks "Can we get rid of all the Mexicans?"

I'd totally post it but the whole removing of the "s" in the https thing is over my head...
?