Author Topic: Dave Draper - the woodworker  (Read 14741 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: dave draper the woodworker.
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2014, 12:08:04 PM »
 ;D draper made arnold's bed ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2014, 04:22:03 PM »
I have no respect for pros who compete and then have no use for training.

What if they just decide they no longer want to live the lifestyle? Why is that bad?

MikMaq

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2014, 05:58:51 PM »
;D some fine craftmanship right there.
I actually fucking love the look of that shit.

And I rarely have positive things to say about anything relating to interior design.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2014, 06:01:38 PM »

What if they just decide they no longer want to live the lifestyle? Why is that bad?

I guess I have to put my viewpoint in perspective. I have been around this game for a long time. One of the most common things I hear from hard core steroid users who don't train anymore is that they say a variation of this, "training without steroids is a waste of time."  

For me and many others working out is real physical culture and a life style. Leaving training to me shows you never had any true dedication. Iron is something the is ingrained in a work ethic that shows the character of your soul. It could come from an example of a hard working father. The work ethic can come for a tough life. How ever it comes from the end point is the same. There is virtue in the struggle.  It's bad because it shows a lack of honor as a warrior. These guys love to pull a crumbled picture of them self out of a wallet to show how they looked back in the day on cycle but funny they never mention the drug use. One guy who quit training pulled a picture out of his wallet and I told him I don't need to see that you're standing right in front of me.

I admire guys like Bill Pearl, Robby Robinson and Dave Draper. They will train until they can't do it anymore. Guys like Kalman Szkalak rarely lifts anymore but he got into elite road bike age bracket racing. He's one of the top dogs in bike racing. Another top amateur competitor Joe Means does bike races and sprint triathlons. I respect that.

One last point. There was a guy on my job that use to run on occasion but never anything serious. Maybe a charity 5K. He retired and moved to the South for the good weather. Then tragedy hit and his wife died. He didn't know anybody in Florida being from NJ. He saw a thing on the internet for a local running club. Due to his age and that he gave up any modest running that he did he had a tough time.  Long story short he's in his 70's and can run 26- 7 minute miles. That's about 8.5 MPH on a treadmill. Most guys in their 20's and 30's couldn't do one mile at that speed. That's passion. That's what I respect.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2014, 06:02:54 PM »
I actually fucking love the look of that shit.

And I rarely have positive things to say about anything relating to interior design.

I like it too. I think the stuff he makes looks beyond amazing.

MikMaq

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2014, 06:07:13 PM »
I like it too. I think the stuff he makes looks beyond amazing.
Looks like the kind of shit youd never see at ikea, and it looks like something chicks would absolutely hate.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2014, 06:09:49 PM »
Looks like the kind of shit youd never see at ikea, and it looks like something chicks would absolutely hate.

Ikea? That's crap.  Chicks would dig it I bet. It has a manly medieval look to it.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2014, 06:12:44 PM »
Ikea? That's crap.  Chicks would dig it I bet. It has a manly medieval look to it.

Draper's stuff is built  to take a pounding. 

Ikea is crap, I agree.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 06:15:35 PM »
I guess I have to put my viewpoint in perspective. I have been around this game for a long time. One of the most common things I hear from hard core steroid users who don't train anymore is that they say a variation of this, "training without steroids is a waste of time."  

For me and many others working out is real physical culture and a life style. Leaving training to me shows you never had any true dedication. Iron is something the is ingrained in a work ethic that shows the character of your soul. It could come from an example of a hard working father. The work ethic can come for a tough life. How ever it comes from the end point is the same. There is virtue in the struggle.  It's bad because it shows a lack of honor as a warrior. These guys love to pull a crumbled picture of them self out of a wallet to show how they looked back in the day on cycle but funny they never mention the drug use. One guy who quit training pulled a picture out of his wallet and I told him I don't need to see that you're standing right in front of me.

I admire guys like Bill Pearl, Robby Robinson and Dave Draper. They will train until they can't do it anymore. Guys like Kalman Szkalak rarely lifts anymore but he got into elite road bike age bracket racing. He's one of the top dogs in bike racing. Another top amateur competitor Joe Means does bike races and sprint triathlons. I respect that.

One last point. There was a guy on my job that use to run on occasion but never anything serious. Maybe a charity 5K. He retired and moved to the South for the good weather. Then tragedy hit and his wife died. He didn't know anybody in Florida being from NJ. He saw a thing on the internet for a local running club. Due to his age and that he gave up any modest running that he did he had a tough time.  Long story short he's in his 70's and can run 26- 7 minute miles. That's about 8.5 MPH on a treadmill. Most guys in their 20's and 30's couldn't do one mile at that speed. That's passion. That's what I respect.

Most druggies don't have it in their system unless it comes from a syringe.  I am more physical culturist than bodybuilder because that's what  bodybuilding originally was.  Health oriented.  Sound mind in a sound body.  The pursuit of one's goals with what God and/or Nature and not some pharmacist, gave you.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 07:12:59 PM »
Most druggies don't have it in their system unless it comes from a syringe.  I am more physical culturist than bodybuilder because that's what  bodybuilding originally was.  Health oriented.  Sound mind in a sound body.  The pursuit of one's goals with what God and/or Nature and not some pharmacist, gave you.
::)

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2014, 07:24:50 PM »
::)

As deep as it gets, eh doctor?  Physician, heal thyself. 

Perhaps "heel" would be a better term, eh Herr Doctor? 

THE ARS

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2014, 07:45:26 PM »

For me and many others working out is real physical culture and a life style. Leaving training to me shows you never had any true dedication. Iron is something the is ingrained in a work ethic that shows the character of your soul.

What a fucking maroon. Oh boy.

So you respect a man who never worked out until he was retired more than a man who broke his body as a young man?

The stupidity here is staggering.

THE ARS

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2014, 07:49:07 PM »
That stuff looks kickass to me.

I would love to work with this dude for a day.

Get baked and make some Flintstones furniture.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2014, 10:00:34 PM »
Sometimes people who stop training are kind of busy. Maybe it's temporary.  ::)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2014, 01:19:01 AM »
That stuff looks kickass to me.

I would love to work with this dude for a day.

Get baked and make some Flintstones furniture.
A+

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2014, 06:16:55 AM »
Dave was one of life's victims, shooting himself in the foot at every opportunity.
Vodka and PCP addict who almost died at 41 with multiple organ failure after 13 years without a sober day.

Second half of his life he was been a winner. Totally turned his life around.

This e Hollywood film about Dave makes for interesting viewing.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2014, 06:27:34 AM »
got to give the man some respect for turning it all around.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2014, 07:27:08 AM »
got to give the man some respect for turning it all around.

absolutely.  Biggest turn around I have ever heard of. From life support machine 31 years ago to a well respected man leading a good life with his wife Laree.

Compare him to Gazza.  One of the greatest footballers in the world and now a shambling wreck at age 46, back in the hospital this week. Looks like the end for Paul, pretending to be sober for the past 6 months whereas in reality he's been blitzed every day on vodka according to his "friends".

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2014, 02:54:31 PM »
;D draper made arnold's bed ::) ::) ::) ::)

If that isn't "hard" evidence for true friendship.
I think Arnold is worried that in a distant utopian future he may be attracted to fat latin woman who get pregnant easily... thank god that self fulfilling prophecy is a myth.  :D

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2014, 07:27:04 PM »
I remember reading that Arnold had a bedroom suite custom made for him by Dave not that long ago

Arnold bought a lot of Dave's stuff.

THE BEEF

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2014, 04:19:07 AM »

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2014, 04:28:50 AM »
man i love the way drapers furniture looks, that stuff would look perfect in a log cabin type of house. arnold loved it cause it has that german furniture look to it also, totally awesome work dave does. hes the original BLOND BOMBER and he was a awesome bodybuilder
R

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2014, 12:46:29 PM »
Does he still do furniture?
Mr. AZ 2003

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2014, 12:55:02 PM »
I remember reading that Arnold had a bedroom suite custom made for him by Dave not that long ago
damn

would love to see it

probably a lot of arnolds in carved from the woodwork

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »
 :o
F