Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Religious Debates & Threads
Genesis 28:17
(1/8) > >>
IrishMuscle84:
" How amazing is this place...............This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven "...................Cant wait  :D
Man of Steel:
I can't wait to be with my savior either and see and speak to him face to face!!   

The splendor of heaven and the fear of hell takes an absolute backseat when I consider the transforming power of Christ in my life and what he did on Calvary's cross for all of us.
avxo:

--- Quote from: IrishMuscle84 on August 17, 2014, 08:51:29 PM ---" How amazing is this place...............This is none other than the house of God, and this is the gate of heaven "...................Cant wait  :D

--- End quote ---

You can't wait and yet you don't kill yourself to accelerate the process... I smell hypocrisy.
Man of Steel:

--- Quote from: avxo on September 28, 2014, 12:49:04 PM ---You can't wait and yet you don't kill yourself to accelerate the process... I smell hypocrisy.

--- End quote ---

It's the Lord's will and his good time that we adhere to.  He calls his church home.
avxo:

--- Quote from: Man of Steel on September 29, 2014, 10:21:31 AM ---It's the Lord's will and his good time that we adhere to.  He calls his church home.

--- End quote ---

Right... right. In other words:

When good things happens your answer is "Praise the Lord for he has blessed us!" And when bad things happen your answer is "Praise the Lord for he works in mysterious ways."

When you want to do something your reasoning is "Praise the Lord, for through prayer I know that I must do this. I am only a humble servant to His will." And when you don't want to do something your reasoning is "Praise the Lord, for through prayer I know that I must not do this. I am only a humble servant to his His will."

In other words, you're speaking out of both sides of your mouth. You're hoping people won't notice - or won't call you on it. I am not going to play your game. Again, I repeat my assertion: if you believe so strongly in an afterlife where you will be close to your God - which is what you, presumably, value the most - you would be looking for ways to get from where you are to where - alive - you need to be - dead.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version