Author Topic: Richard Piano calls out Chris Aceto and gets whooped like an insolent toddler  (Read 11609 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
will not recover

18:30

Built6foot5

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • WBFF Pro
Well Piana has always said he doesn't train for strength...

And a BB reality show on a major network wouldn't be a bad idea. Long as they had personalities and drama involved. I don't think they could get that out of the crop of O competitors though.

Alucard

• Getbig IV
I don't see it, Piana holding his own pretty easily, right on many things...

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
will not recover

from 'baby mama' blowing  real Leopold old man  :D

any P-I-C-T-O-R   :D

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

And a BB reality show on a major network wouldn't be a bad idea. Long as they had personalities and drama involved. I don't think they could get that out of the crop of O competitors though.
Phil Heath setting a grapefruit by Kai when he's eating breakfast. Dex going to see a TMNT and people asking to take pictures with him.
Cedric having boot camp for the wayward children of the neighborhood. Ben Pakulski espousing the scientific merits of having big calves. Roelly, just having fun.

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
I'm surprised bb.com hasn't tried something like this exclusive to their website to see if it'd be worthwhile.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

That's too bad. Strength is an important part of bodybuilding. Not too many prople have grasp that concept

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
That's too bad. Strength is an important part of bodybuilding. Not too many prople have grasp that concept

So if fill heaf trained bigger weights and went more for strength would he be a better bodybuilder? Maybe if he pulled a sled for leg day, or waggled big ropes and played with kettle bells he'd be even better?

Or perhaps if you have elite genes, elite response to drugs, eat a good diet and put time in the gym, aslong as you stimulate the muscle it will grow or maintain? What do I know, im not a coach, maybe I have this all wrong

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?

i disagree.

strength is a byproduct of bbing.

can you have a great physique and not be relatively 'strong'? of course you can.

i am not a strong dude. there are guys much smaller than me who could bury me poundage wise. they dont carry near the same amount of tissue i do and prolly never will no matter how strong they get.

strength is an important part of athleticism- take two athletes of equal skill, make one stronger, whos the better athlete?

strength is not an important aspect of bbing. drugs, genetics, stimulus, nutrition. those are all you need.
b

denarii

• Getbig V
Is piana a homeless Bro now?  ;D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
The size of a muscle is directly related to its strength (bigger muscle = stronger muscle). This is a simple sentence but almost no one can put it in its proper context when ir comes to bodybuilding.

I remember Chris saying he could squat a ton and he had big quads... he saw the relation.

denarii

• Getbig V
The size of a muscle is directly related to its strength (bigger muscle = stronger muscle). This is a simple sentence but almost no one can put it in its proper context when ir comes to bodybuilding.

I remember Chris saying he could squat a ton and he had big quads... he saw the relation.

i dont know as kai said he is not a weight lifter. its a different type of muscle training.

viking1

• Getbig V
Phil Heath setting a grapefruit by Kai when he's eating breakfast. Dex going to see a TMNT and people asking to take pictures with him.
Cedric having boot camp for the wayward children of the neighborhood. Ben Pakulski espousing the scientific merits of having big calves. Roelly, just having fun.

And, mix in some retired pro's as well. That would be great. Tom Prince at a checkout line, cashier says, "Paper or Plastic???"..     woops.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
i dont know as kai said he is not a weight lifter. its a different type of muscle training.
kai was probably on low dosages and feeling weak when he said that

this is kai when he's really going full bore

"weight is not important"

"squeeze the contraction"

???

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA

My theory is that bodybuilders develop alot of bood vessels and big blood vessels that takes up alot of space in the muscle. This is why so many budybuilders believe in blood volume training but they don't really know why. Yes the blood volume training increases size of the type 2 medium twich fibers aswell but mainly it's for developing larger cardiovascular system that takes up space within the muscle.

denarii

• Getbig V

???

kai for a fact has described himself specifically as a bodybuilder and not a weight lifter, ie he sees a large difference in how to train the muscle etc.  in any case im pretty sure i have seen zach khan lifting more than kai.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
kai for a fact has described himself specifically as a bodybuilder and not a weight lifter, ie he sees a large difference in how to train the muscle etc.  in any case im pretty sure i have seen zach khan lifting more than kai.
look at that military press video please

saying one thing and doing another

typical bodybuilder

Alucard

• Getbig IV

???
Just for the camera, like Coleman, Levrone and many others... They don't train like that usually... Still Greene is a strong mofo when he wants...

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
My theory is that bodybuilders develop alot of bood vessels and big blood vessels that takes up alot of space in the muscle. This is why so many budybuilders believe in blood volume training but they don't really know why. Yes the blood volume training increases size of the type 2 medium twich fibers aswell but mainly it's for developing larger cardiovascular system that takes up space within the muscle.
man that guy is smart isn't he

srs did anyone even take note of my theory here I think I made some leaps science of muscular development

a_pupil

• Getbig V
man that guy is smart isn't he

srs did anyone even take note of my theory here I think I made some leaps science of muscular development

Good theory but I don't think blood vessels can contribute that much to size gains. High volume and high repping with quality muscle contraction is just a better, safer stimulus than heeve hoing.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"

Yes, this theory is called "sarcoplasmic hypertrophy". How much it contributes to size I don't know but I'm sure it does to some degree.

You can build lots of muscle doing "blood volume training", "high repping" etc but none of it means that load isn't an important stimulus for actual increase in the protein component of muscle tissue.

Just because you acknowledge that strength and size are related, and EVERYONE believes this in reality no matter what they say, it doesn't mean you advocate ballistic low rep training with "heavy" weights. It just means that the higher the load the higher the hypertrophy stimulus, all things being equal. You have to weigh the benefits of chasing numbers against the risks of injury.

Kai Greene... he's not a "weightlifter" and "weight means nothing"... then what the fuck is he doing in the above videos? :D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
Yes, this theory is called "sarcoplasmic hypertrophy". How much it contributes to size I don't know but I'm sure it does to some degree.

You can build lots of muscle doing "blood volume training", "high repping" etc but none of it means that load isn't an important stimulus for actual increase in the protein component of muscle tissue.

Just because you acknowledge that strength and size are related, and EVERYONE believes this in reality no matter what they say, it doesn't mean you advocate ballistic low rep training with "heavy" weights. It just means that the higher the load the higher the hypertrophy stimulus, all things being equal. You have to weigh the benefits of chasing numbers against the risks of injury.

Kai Greene... he's not a "weightlifter" and "weight means nothing"... then what the fuck is he doing in the above videos? :D
exactly my point when posting them

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
look at that military press video please

saying one thing and doing another

typical bodybuilder

This.  I do the same damn thing, depending on what line of bodybuilding bullshit I feel like spouting at that moment.

Bodybuilding = steroids, and response to steroids.  Period.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
This.  I do the same damn thing, depending on what line of bodybuilding bullshit I feel like spouting at that moment.

Bodybuilding = steroids, and response to steroids.  Period.
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=547116.msg7680066#msg7680066

:D