Author Topic: Questions Questions Questions help please...  (Read 1667 times)

sketer

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Questions Questions Questions help please...
« on: February 08, 2006, 05:55:47 PM »
Ok if I am trying to gain strength then will doing cardio everyday make me lose all my nutrition to gain it,I have been doing cardio everyday now and taking whey protein supplement powder and was wondering if the cardio would throw my strength gain off??
Also the whey I am using is Instantized Whey Gold Standard,how many cups of this should I take a day,it says 1gram per pound and there are 29 grams of protein in a cup of this stuff so how much should I take cas I weigh 155.I was going to take 5 and a half cups a day and my granpa said one or two is fine so how many should I really take?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Questions Questions Questions help please...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 06:14:25 PM »
Ok if I am trying to gain strength then will doing cardio everyday make me lose all my nutrition to gain it,I have been doing cardio everyday now and taking whey protein supplement powder and was wondering if the cardio would throw my strength gain off??
Also the whey I am using is Instantized Whey Gold Standard,how many cups of this should I take a day,it says 1gram per pound and there are 29 grams of protein in a cup of this stuff so how much should I take cas I weigh 155.I was going to take 5 and a half cups a day and my granpa said one or two is fine so how many should I really take?

You want 1-2g of protein per lb of body weight, you get this from both your whole foods and shakes, but whole food should make up the bulk of it. 6-8 meals per day with protein divided equally among them, only 2-3 of those meals should be shakes, somewhere in the neighborhood of 20-40g per shake.

As for cardio, I don't train for strength, more into the over-all physique aspect, but the same general rules can apply. When bulking I still do 3 days wk of cardio 20-30min per session... more so for just over-all health.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 11:20:36 PM »
yeah unless you are ripped naturally i would do at least 3 days of cardio at all times. nothin real hard just like 20-30 mins. I laugh when my friends get a lil belly in the winter cuz they are "bulking" but have to work 4 times as hard to get rid of it, if they even do.  any more muscle they gained by not doing any cardio ends being lost often anyway
Valhalla awaits.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 12:12:20 AM »
i have much hatred for cardio.
bodybuildersreality.com

(nothing)

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 04:24:54 AM »
small amounts of cardio will actually help gain size because it strengthens your heart. you will get better blood flow, due to the healthier heart, making for better pump and chances for muscle gain. well at least thats what i read. even when strength training i like to warm up with 5 minutes and finish off with 10-20 minutes of light cardio.
fat till furthe

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 01:28:46 PM »
i have much hatred for cardio.

Agrees.......a necessary evil.

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 07:45:20 PM »
10-20 minutes of slow paced cardio would probly burn less calories then doing abs
big or bust

BigIronMike25

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 07:08:22 AM »

if youre 155, I'd say youre an ectomorph or just really young...hard to tell since you didnt list your height or anything.  this is a situation that is different for different people...i know when im bulking, i have to keep cardio to a MINIMUM to gain good size and strength....it really just depends on how your metabolism is...  if your an ectomorph and have a hard time gaining muscle and strength...i would say do cardio TWO times a WEEK at the absolute maximum....alotta times when bulking i would only do it once a week...you just gotta experiment...all this shit is is trial and error and finding out what works best for you....as for your protein intake ARNOLD JR is absolutely right....you need plenty of WHOLE FOOD protein choices in your diet and just you the shakes as an in between meal type of protein boost when you cant eat whole food...if i were you I'd shoot for 200g of protein a day and a minimum of at least 180 or so...good luck to you bro!