Author Topic: On a serious note RE: drinking and driving this Labor Day Weekend  (Read 11288 times)

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
Re: On a serious note RE: drinking and driving this Labor Day Weekend
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 06:04:06 PM »
There are so many options available that there is no valid excuse for driving intoxicated.

We don't tolerate it in Queensland.

I live about a 5 min drive max from beach. Return taxi is €24. You think someone who will have 4 drinks will pay more than twice what they paid from drinks for a 6 mile round trip if it is raining and police would never be out checking?

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 06:04:39 PM »
When I was a kid circa 1977 me and a few friends were playing in the street on a Saturday night.  All of the sudden we heard a loud crash and a strange sound that sounded like a tree falling.  We walked a few blocks to see the accident up close.  A drunk driver had hit a telephone pole.  The wood telephone pole fell onto the car and the guy was pinned beneath the pole still sitting in the drivers seat.  His head and upper body was totally crushed and blood was everywhere.  I'll never forget that sight as long as I live.   :-X

D-Cord

• Getbig II
  • ICD-10 code K62.2 sounds SO painful
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 06:07:38 PM »
I live about a 5 min drive max from beach. Return taxi is €24. You think someone who will have 4 drinks will pay more than twice what they paid from drinks for a 6 mile round trip if it is raining and police would never be out checking?

Your response would make a very poor defence in Court. 

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2014, 06:23:58 PM »
Your response would make a very poor defence in Court. 

I'm a barrister.. and nowhere did I state it would be a defence. I merely referred to they hysteria at drink driving when it is a technicality (2 beers) rather than an obvious danger (swerving on road and take multiple attempts to put key in ignition).

Calling drink drivers worse than pedos, as has been said, is retarded. There are different levels. Some have 2 beers, some are drinking Jack while driving on wrong side of road.

D-Cord

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2014, 06:26:59 PM »
I'm a barrister.. and nowhere did I state it would be a defence. I merely referred to they hysteria at drink driving when it is a technicality (2 beers) rather than an obvious danger (swerving on road and take multiple attempts to put key in ignition).

Calling drink drivers worse than pedos, as has been said, is retarded. There are different levels. Some have 2 beers, some are drinking Jack while driving on wrong side of road.

Just obey the law in Queensland if you visit. 

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 06:39:41 PM »
chadwick... You are not an Aussie.

D-Cord

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2014, 06:45:00 PM »
It appears that I have a stalker.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2014, 06:48:08 PM »

There is the law and common sense.
. Cops
Used to be a speed limit of 50kph on a motorway near me. Cops would always be there was like fish in a barrel. Three lane motorway, gap to cycle lane and footpath with a curb separating road and a railing separating path and cycle lane. They always did speed checks despite no road deaths there. Fish in a barrel. It was the law though. Was it right? It is now 80kph, still slow but get what I mean. Just because a law is law does not make it moral.

D-Cord

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2014, 06:49:38 PM »
There is the law and common sense.
. Cops
Used to be a speed limit of 50kph on a motorway near me. Cops would always be there was like fish in a barrel. Three lane motorway, gap to cycle lane and footpath with a curb separating road and a railing separating path and cycle lane. They always did speed checks despite no road deaths there. Fish in a barrel. It was the law though. Was it right? It is now 80kph, still slow but get what I mean. Just because a law is law does not make it moral.

Does that give you the freedom to decide which laws to obey?

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2014, 06:55:14 PM »
Does that give you the freedom to decide which laws to obey?

No, it gives me the right to say what I think is moral or not. Saying a drink driver is worse than a pedo or akin to a murderer is following a ridiculous train of thought. Read back in thread to see where I am coming from. Initial posts suggest drink driving inevitably results in death.

I don't think you heard or understood first or second time I said what is law is not necessarily morally right. You should read Thomas Aquinas or Hart on what is natural law v man made law if you want to get technical. Then come back to me.

D-Cord

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2014, 07:02:26 PM »
No, it gives me the right to say what I think is moral or not. Saying a drink driver is worse than a pedo or akin to a murderer is following a ridiculous train of thought. Read back in thread to see where I am coming from. Initial posts suggest drink driving inevitably results in death.

I don't think you heard or understood first or second time I said what is law is not necessarily morally right. You should read Thomas Aquinas or Hart on what is natural law v man made law if you want to get technical. Then come back to me.

Quote Aquinas all you want...but if you drive drunk in Queensland you'll regret it. 

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2014, 07:10:43 PM »
I had on Judge tell me that he doesn't give a shit if people are drinking and driving from the hours of 12am to 4am because the majority of the people out at those hours are Vampires. And who gives a shit about Vampires he said.

Ron Jeremy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2014, 07:42:14 PM »
DUI=$$$ and selectively enforced. Imagibe how many dui's there would be if check points were done after nfl games?

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2014, 07:48:55 PM »
It appears that I have a stalker.

Only a plutonic one.... ::)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2014, 07:49:34 PM »
I had on Judge tell me that he doesn't give a shit if people are drinking and driving from the hours of 12am to 4am because the majority of the people out at those hours are Vampires. And who gives a shit about Vampires he said.

Judge sounds like a major asshole.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2014, 08:08:09 PM »
Judge sounds like a major asshole.

Vampire lover.

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 08:15:08 PM »
Bitching at a guy over his drinking just like you are his girlfriend.
I couldn't give a fuck about his drinking. He can drink himself to death for all I care. He's a drunk driver and a repeat fucking offender. That's when I do care. Some innocent person will die because this asshole gets hammered and gets into cars.

Nick Danger

• Getbig V

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2014, 09:28:25 PM »
Have no time for that shit, I have more tolerance for pedos(by a minor degree).

Can't stand shitheads that victimize people for no good reason other than they suck.

Atleast pedo's have the courage  to look their victims in the eye, and don't leave em dead.

Your looney meds, you forgot to take them...

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2014, 09:34:18 PM »
Have no time for that shit, I have more tolerance for pedos(by a minor degree).

Can't stand shitheads that victimize people for no good reason other than they suck.

Atleast pedo's have the courage  to look their victims in the eye, and don't leave em dead.

uhhhhh..

what the fuck did you just type?

you should be a registered sex offender for that post

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2014, 10:18:44 PM »
I couldn't give a fuck about his drinking. He can drink himself to death for all I care. He's a drunk driver and a repeat fucking offender. That's when I do care. Some innocent person will die because this asshole gets hammered and gets into cars.
Don't worry Primary Anus ,shit like this happens only to good people. So you are safe.. ::) your type usually kills themselves.
Now lets get really fucking drunk and go driving!! See ya on the road Primary Anus!
Note: How many strikes you got now?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2014, 03:34:47 AM »
uhhhhh..

That statement went unchallenged til I  chimed in. Plea for some sense on the matter.

NightTrain

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2014, 07:06:09 AM »
No need to......I can remember that one. 

But you can send the "Night Train" password and I'll take that account out for a spin.   ::)

::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2014, 07:09:30 AM »
uhhhhh..

Fucking freakshow has been typing borderline pedo shit for years.  Should be kneecapped , and we'll type how funny it is that he cant walk