Author Topic: My views on marriage and relationships  (Read 18961 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: My views on marriage and relationships
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2014, 11:36:20 AM »
srsly it's tough out there for a guy close to 60 looking for a new partner that isnt fucked up from past experiences or plain gold digger

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2014, 11:40:45 AM »
One of the best pieces of financial advice ever given: "Marry a frugal woman, once, and stay married."

It's too late for you, Howard, but I wish you and your wife best of luck and may you stay happily married to her for the rest of your life.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2014, 11:50:02 AM »
I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself. We are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody. I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing. Walk hand in hand into extinction. One last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2014, 11:52:14 AM »
I think human consciousness is a tragic misstep in evolution. We became too self-aware. Nature created an aspect of nature separate from itself. We are creatures that should not exist by natural law. We are things that labor under the illusion of having a self, that accretion of sensory experience and feelings, programmed with total assurance that we are each somebody, when in fact everybody's nobody. I think the honorable thing for our species to do is to deny our programming. Stop reproducing. Walk hand in hand into extinction. One last midnight, brothers and sisters opting out of a raw deal.
we should just realize we are nothing more than a product of evolution and not expect life to be a smooth ride but a struggle

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2014, 11:52:35 AM »

This thread is not about reproducing.  Howard has been married four times, yet he neither wants nor has any kids.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2014, 11:56:10 AM »
My lust for women has died off almost completely..  :-\

Am I in male menopause now at thirty?

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2014, 01:20:18 PM »

meh not words of a great mind.

SomeKindofMonster

• Getbig III
  • RC is SomeKindOfMonster
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2014, 01:28:26 PM »

Howard giving marriage advice is like...

JK Howard... There's some good advice in alot of what you wrote.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2014, 02:36:15 PM »
I am going to have to redline all of Section IV, all subparts. Your views on parenting are not relevant after disclosure of your no-kids status.

I'd NEVER try to tell someone how to raise kids .
I'm simply pointing out the pros/cons of having children.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2014, 02:38:53 PM »
Whatever Howard says, do the opposite.  Dude's been married four times...LOL

Just kidding, Howard...but really, guys, don't do as Howard does.   :)
Seriously...........End of thread.

Howard has made a joke out of marriage. If he really had any assests, his first three wives would have bled him dry.

Maybe Howard isn't telling the whole story.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2014, 02:39:07 PM »
What about Grape-fruiting and white toweling? any successful marriage can't possible exist without them  ;D

Howard,  how many of your ex-wives are you paying alimony to? Also, how much has each marriage cost you? seriously, each wife must have  taken a chunk of assets with her.

We each went our separate ways with nobody owing anything.
My current wife is a VP for a major bank and I sold my place and moved in with her.
Of course, I never had kids , so that makes it easier when you divorce

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2014, 02:40:55 PM »
any tips for a 55 year old highly educated self employed divorced man with basically no social life on where to meet decent women?

dating sites seem to attract scambag gold diggers with nothing to offer

too old for clubbing

this is really a big issue

i cant find an answer to it

any idea howard?

http://www.match.com
 I'm 100% serious and met my current wife on there a few yrs ago

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2014, 02:42:51 PM »
This thread is not about reproducing.  Howard has been married four times, yet he neither wants nor has any kids.

True dat.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2014, 02:44:05 PM »

Knowing who you really are is half the battle.
Now come out, all the way and act on it  ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2014, 02:45:52 PM »
Howard giving marriage advice is like...

JK Howard... There's some good advice in alot of what you wrote.

Had Matt Foley listened to me he might not be piss broke paying child support and living in
A VAN BY THE RIVER

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2014, 02:49:26 PM »
Highlighted portion is a waste of time.  May as well believe in ghosts and Dennis Wolf`s Calves.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2014, 02:50:56 PM »
Join a good church that's involved with the community.  Get involved with their volunteer, charitable, community work.  The single women you meet there doing volunteer charity work, are a lot less likely to be gold diggers and more likely to make selfless, goodhearted, loving wives.

Unless you share a similar religious faith, I don't think a "church going" woman would be interested in dating.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2014, 02:53:13 PM »
Seriously...........End of thread.

Howard has made a joke out of marriage. If he really had any assests, his first three wives would have bled him dry.

Maybe Howard isn't telling the whole story.

I never had a bad divorce where I got "bled dry".
My wives all had good careers .

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2014, 02:53:29 PM »

Too many oily shredded glutes made you gay.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2014, 02:55:37 PM »
The whole general-belief-in-god thing is so ridiculous.

It seems only those who have lost all this brainwashing horseshit can truly see the utter nonsense in such a thing.

As the years pass further from the point when I began to emerge from my own brainwashed younger years, I see the concept of "god", etc. as being just beyond idiotic and juvenile.

And it's not that I DON'T think there is possibility to the idea that we were created by something. However, even if this is true, why do we have to label this other entity a god? We create things and we don't refer to ourselves as gods. Just because what we've created isn't as sophisticated as, well, us, doesn't mean anything. We're simply not yet at that level of intelligent evolution.

It pains me that this species is so damn pathetic and juvenile.

P.S. I don't want to get married and certainly don't want children. To bring someone whom I love into this violent and goofy world to suffer all its indignities and stresses and pain is PURE CRUELTY.

When I'm gone, good riddance. This place sucks ass.

Of course, I do LOVE my music.

Heavy metal!

Fuck the world ~ Hail and Kill!

Ron Harrigan

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2014, 02:57:30 PM »
The whole general-belief-in-god thing is so ridiculous.

It seems only those who have lost all this brainwashing horseshit can truly see the utter nonsense in such a thing.

As the years pass further from the point when I began to emerge from my own brainwashing younger years, I see the concept of "god", etc. as being just beyond idiotic and juvenile.

And it's not that I DON'T think there is possibility to the idea that we were created by something. However, even if this is true, why do we have to label this other entity a god? We create things and we don't refer to ourselves as gods. Just because what we've created isn't as sophisticated as, well, us, doesn't mean anything. We're simply not yet at that level of intelligent evolution.

It pains me that this species is so damn pathetic and juvenile.

P.S. I don't want to get married and certainly don't want children. To bring someone whom I love into this violent and goofy world to suffer all its indignities and stresses and pain is PURE CRUELTY.

When I'm gone, good riddance. This place sucks ass.

Of course, I do LOVE my music.

Heavy metal!

Fuck the world ~ Hail and Kill!

Satanist of peace.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2014, 03:17:35 PM »
Oh, I wanted to add that I think a couple should date for a year and then live together for a year before they get married.

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2014, 03:31:01 PM »
http://www.match.com
 I'm 100% serious and met my current wife on there a few yrs ago

What was your opening line?

Assume you had a topless selfie on there, to seal the deal.