Author Topic: Cyclical Ketogenic diet  (Read 8594 times)

smitty#

• Getbig I
Cyclical Ketogenic diet
« on: April 19, 2016, 05:18:28 AM »
Anybody building muscle with this diet? Anyone using this diet whatsoever?
#Cyclical Ketogenic

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
Re: Cyclical Ketogenic diet
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 07:06:10 AM »
Anybody building muscle with this diet? Anyone using this diet whatsoever?
#Cyclical Ketogenic

The ketogenic diet is muscle sparring (if done right). Most people overeat protein, get kicked out of ketosis, and complain about brain fog and muscle loss. Doing it cyclically could work, but be prepared to feel like shit for a day or 2 after carbing up while your body goes back into ketosis. The diet works, I've done it for a show before. Just make sure total calories put you in a deficit and you should be good to go!

I say all this assuming you want to get leaner. But it does work for bulking too, just increase calories to over maintenance. When I cut I usually do strict keto for about 6 weeks, then have a carb up if I need one, if not I'll just continue until I want ayce sushi or something lol.

smitty#

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 08:18:56 AM »
So if I'm 190lbd of lean weight then I shouldn't go passed 190gms protein and the rest fat? Hard to make up those calories without the carbs.  I set daily caloric goal to 3400.

6'3 Male
235lbs
18-20% bf
Heavy weight 5 days/week
Sprints 3 days/week

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 02:34:50 PM »
I never had luck with it too much fat and I have to eat close 2 grams of protein for my body weight personal reasons I like dead animals and eggs. Carbs I'll eat as needed for energy when cutting 100 grams or less a day accept a few times a week I'll read feed and have more don't count them any more so not sure amount when I refeed usually doesn't matter I can eat all I want if I deplete for 3 days.
Keeps protein in blood stream accordingly to maintain muscle use carbs as a hour by hour energy source
Fats come from meat no added Bullshit
5-6 meals a day during the week and no appetite on weekends fuck food unless it's ice cream which is rare steaks for.dinner

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 08:06:44 AM »
So if I'm 190lbd of lean weight then I shouldn't go passed 190gms protein and the rest fat? Hard to make up those calories without the carbs.  I set daily caloric goal to 3400.

6'3 Male
235lbs
18-20% bf
Heavy weight 5 days/week
Sprints 3 days/week

To go into ketosis some would suggest even lower protien consumption. To make up the calorie loss you would increase fat intake.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 08:08:18 AM »
The ketogenic diet is muscle sparring (if done right). Most people overeat protein, get kicked out of ketosis, and complain about brain fog and muscle loss. Doing it cyclically could work, but be prepared to feel like shit for a day or 2 after carbing up while your body goes back into ketosis. The diet works, I've done it for a show before. Just make sure total calories put you in a deficit and you should be good to go!

I say all this assuming you want to get leaner. But it does work for bulking too, just increase calories to over maintenance. When I cut I usually do strict keto for about 6 weeks, then have a carb up if I need one, if not I'll just continue until I want ayce sushi or something lol.

Probably better to add carbs around the time the will be used up through training to avoid crashes ? No?

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 09:06:39 AM »
Probably better to add carbs around the time the will be used up through training to avoid crashes ? No?

If you want to stay in ketosis, then carbs are not to be added. Humans can function just fine on ketones without crashes. If anything, adding carbs will make you "crash." When you train, your body will use the ketones for energy, not glucose. If you add glucose, ketosis will hault, you will burn through the glucose, and then have a crash before your body can go back into ketosis.
Doing a cyclical ketogenic diet just means you do a carb up once in a while, presumably to boost thyroid function. But there are numerous people out there who have been in ketosis for years, and have no symptoms of hypothyroidism. Look into work done by Dr. D'Agastino, he's on the forefront of ketosis research today. There are a few interviews you can look up on youtube which talk about his work with athletes, army/navy personnel, and regular folk.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 10:40:08 AM »
If you want to stay in ketosis, then carbs are not to be added. Humans can function just fine on ketones without crashes. If anything, adding carbs will make you "crash." When you train, your body will use the ketones for energy, not glucose. If you add glucose, ketosis will hault, you will burn through the glucose, and then have a crash before your body can go back into ketosis.
Doing a cyclical ketogenic diet just means you do a carb up once in a while, presumably to boost thyroid function. But there are numerous people out there who have been in ketosis for years, and have no symptoms of hypothyroidism. Look into work done by Dr. D'Agastino, he's on the forefront of ketosis research today. There are a few interviews you can look up on youtube which talk about his work with athletes, army/navy personnel, and regular folk.

Thanks, I will look into that for sure. I did come across some articles that suggested that individuals that have been in deep ketosis can probably get away with using less then 30 grams of simple sugar carbs around their training time and not worry about getting out of ketosis.

Guess it would depend just how much little carbs is required per individual to eneter ketosis as the number seems to be around 50 grams and as low as 20 grams daily.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about anything.

PizzaTrenSlin

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 09:02:29 AM »
I'm on SKD right now, noway to start a CKD... you will have to enter ketosis every monday..

If i want to go CKD i will do that protocol instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8uuwti68e0fff3/Clenbuterol-Anorectant-Insulin-Cycle.pdf?dl=0

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2016, 10:30:20 PM »
I'm on SKD right now, noway to start a CKD... you will have to enter ketosis every monday..

If i want to go CKD i will do that protocol instead: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8uuwti68e0fff3/Clenbuterol-Anorectant-Insulin-Cycle.pdf?dl=0

Have you done this method?

Did it produce results?