Author Topic: One of my meals for today  (Read 17628 times)

WannaBePro

• Getbig IV
Re: One of my meals for today
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 05:08:22 PM »
Just had one of these 30 minutes ago.

I love these when not dieting. I usually get 2 more patties put on it, makes it just under 50g protein and perfect for a post-workout meal  :)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2014, 05:09:25 PM »
I love these when not dieting. I usually get 2 more patties put on it, makes it just under 50g protein and perfect for a post-workout meal  :)

Best deal in the world.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2014, 05:13:22 PM »
I suck at cooking chicken. Its always baked with olive oil and salt and pepper. And its never as moist or tender as i wish it was

probably not resting it enough.  you can also brine them.

if you're talking about full breasts, well, these are allegedly "tricky", but it's actually pretty easy:

1.  Get pan smoking hot
  - 250+ degrees C!  Buy an infrared thermometer if you don't have one, takes all the guess work out -- no more "medium heat", "high heat" bullshit -- : http://amzn.to/WZKiau <-- only $10 WTF!!).
  - Use a nice, thick pan.  This one is great:  http://amzn.to/1s1m4ez

2.  Add oil, about 2 tbsp

3.  Saute a couple of minutes each side.  Do the second side a minute less than the first.  If it's brown enough for your liking, it's good.

4.  Put in 200 degree C oven for 15 minutes.

5.  Let rest for 15 minutes before cutting / eating.

Brine for at least 6 hours beforehand for even better results.  Too lazy to type up instructions right now.

Another VERY easy method:

1.  Flatten chicken breasts (easiest to cut them thin before flattening.  If they give resistance, use the "tenderizing" side of the mallet first) to about a quarter inch.

2.  Marinade in something with at least a little sugar for 30 minutes.

3.  Get pan smoking hot (again 250+ C).

4.  Sear chicken 45 seconds per side.

5.  Rest for 10 minutes UNDER FOIL before slicing.

This will make super moist, tender chicken breasts with very appealing color.  The "browning" isn't the same as you get from a longer sear time; the color comes from the sugar, not the meat, in this case.

An example of a marinade which works well for this: teriyaki.  Equal parts soy sauce, mirin, and honey.

If you want to use thighs:

1.  Flattten to a half-inch

2.  Get pan smoking hot (250+ C)

3.  2 minutes per side

4.  Rest for 10 minutes under foil.

And I just realized I forgot to mention salt.  I salt generously using all of the above methods.  Just remember to put the salt on JUST before you put the chicken into the pan.  If you put it on too early, it will draw out moisture and interfere with the sear.  For this reason, I actually wait to salt the second side of the chicken until just before I flip it for the first time.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2014, 05:15:04 PM »
Fixing to grill some ny strips, lobster tails, stuffed mushrooms and corn.

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2014, 05:38:11 PM »
Cephissus for the win!

"grocery budget", oh brother ::)

my recent food:

And a little dessert:

And before you laugh at the plastic utensils and paper plates... my kitchen is being remodeled :D

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2014, 05:53:21 PM »
:)

I have more money coming in nowadays so I've upped my budget on food

i was picturing you at a soup kitchen honestly.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2014, 08:25:52 PM »
Vince Ghijklmnop vs anallickinghomo
Who wins?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2014, 08:43:10 PM »
"grocery budget", oh brother ::)

my recent food:

And a little dessert:

And before you laugh at the plastic utensils and paper plates... my kitchen is being remodeled :D

Impressive. I really need to improve my cooking skills.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2014, 08:52:39 PM »
I suck at cooking chicken. Its always baked with olive oil and salt and pepper. And its never as moist or tender as i wish it was

Get one of these bro.  Perfectly cooked, juicy, chicken, boneless meats, and fish every time without fail.   Pricey but worth every penny for the consistent results it delivers.  I actually enjoy eating plain grilled chicken breasts, steaks and fish again because of this grill.  The grill alerts you when the food is cooked to your specific likeness.  It's almost foolproof.

http://www.amazon.com/T-fal-GC702D53-OptiGrill-Stainless-1800-watt/dp/B00H4O1L9Y

the trainer

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2014, 09:08:25 PM »
Just getting back in tonight I ate at a classy italian restaurant  I had a castelfranco salad with vincotto and bludi bufala  then I had spinach fettuccine alfredo with veal and I washed it down with some damilano barolo cannubi red wine, expensive night but you got to live it up on the weekends.

NightTrain

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 09:11:59 PM »
Vince Ghijklmnop vs anallickinghomo
Who wins?

In a fight to the death, we all win.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 09:15:02 PM »
Just getting back in tonight I ate at a classy italian restaurant  I had a castelfranco salad with vincotto and bludi bufala  then I had spinach fettuccine alfredo with veal and I washed it down with some damilano barolo cannubi red wine, expensive night but you got to live it up on the weekends.

X

the trainer

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2014, 09:24:43 PM »

Sorry bro I forgot that we dont have high calss people posting on getbig so let me break it down into low class so the average basement dweller can understand.

I had a salad with a italian kind of lettuce with aged vinegar, then I had a pasta made from spinach with beef from the baby cow, and washed it down with some aged red wine.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2014, 09:27:10 PM »
Sorry bro I forgot that we dont have high calss people posting on getbig so let me break it down into low class so the average basement dweller can understand.

I had a salad with a italian kind of lettuce with aged vinegar, then I had a pasta made from spinach with beef from the baby cow, and washed it down with some aged red wine.

;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2014, 09:33:16 PM »
;D

The Trainer definitely knows how to bring his A-game.
X

biff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2014, 10:01:21 PM »

you're reading what probably amounts to several hours of someone trying to look up what he thinks is an impresive sounding, 'classy' italian meal.the give away was when he said "Damilano Barolo Cannubi RED WINE" no one that knows wine would add that part, they would just describe the maker/vintage. the trainer tries very hard, but isnt very good.

ENZO

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2014, 10:10:05 PM »
Nothing the trainer types is credible, period.

Fat fuck probably had a digarno and washed it down with some Haagen dazs

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2014, 10:44:46 PM »
It's football season so on the weekends my "diet" consists of wine, ribs, cheese, crackers, salami, percuitto, wings, guacamole and chips......every weekend all season.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2014, 11:04:16 PM »
It's football season so on the weekends my "diet" consists of wine, ribs, cheese, crackers, salami, percuitto, wings, guacamole and chips......every weekend all season.

Obama and crossfitters are in better shape than you.
Have a nice Sunday, Coach :)

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2014, 11:09:56 PM »
:)

I have more money coming in nowadays so I've upped my budget on food

vince that looks god man

i usually do the same

what i have been doing lately is in a large pyrex baking on 250 10 large chicken breasts (They're organic and cheap as hell around here cause everyone eats like shit and nobody cooks) and then i boil a large copper thing with water and put whatever in like brocccoli mushrooms peppers of various colors brussell sprouts and all that shit you need from vegetables to make you shit right or your eyes clear or whatever the fuck that does but it makes me feel good the vegetables

then i make a massive container of brown rice i don't measure shit ii just boil water and pour that shit in

nothing tastes good really

i put marinade on the chicken and shit

i don't time anything

anyway all this lasts me 2 days. i really do this every 2 days m-f, then on weekends i usually do drugs

and am way too hung over and in withdrawel by monday to cook, and on tuesdays i always eat whatever i want and on wednesdays, well, frankly, i usually start my weekend by then meaning i'll start blowing coke by around lunch time at work, and thursday i'm still up, then friday i am useless,. but thank god the weekends there so i can fuck off my diet.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2014, 11:13:27 PM »
Vince looking buff and intimidating

nice to see good things happening for him

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2014, 11:14:25 PM »
Obama and crossfitters are in better shape than you.
Have a nice Sunday, Coach :)

Well, here's a little fact to absorb. You can only stay "in shape" for so long then it gets monotonous then you fall off. Bodybuilders look great the day they step on stage but you know as well as I do it doesn't last forever. I eat well and in moderation for the week then the weekends I enjoy my football. It's not all shit. I still train but don't be so delusional to think that you can stay strict for life. I call that an eating disorder.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2014, 11:22:22 PM »
Well, here's a little fact to absorb. You can only stay "in shape" for so long then it gets monotonous then you fall off. Bodybuilders look great the day they step on stage but you know as well as I do it doesn't last forever. I eat well and in moderation for the week then the weekends I enjoy my football. It's not all shit. I still train but don't be so delusional to think that you can stay strict for life. I call that an eating disorder.

Point taken and I can agree with your realistic view, but staying off-season lean, say 10-12 bf% (15-20% for women) should be feasible for any healthy person at any age.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2014, 11:24:02 PM »
Point taken and I can agree with your realistic view, but staying off-season lean, say 10-12 bf% (15-20% for women) should be feasible for any healthy person at any age.

I agree.

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2014, 11:44:56 PM »
couple of obese women eating cake, convincing each other they're not that fat

12%  :-X