Author Topic: Jersey giant Johnnie Morant  (Read 50135 times)

the trainer

Re: jersey giant johnnie morant
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2014, 08:26:51 AM »
mrs olympia carla dunlap

This was a bodybuilder back then today its a fitness chick, now female bodybuilding is a frankenstein freak show.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2014, 08:29:57 AM »
This was a bodybuilder back then today its a fitness chick, now female bodybuilding is a frankenstein freak show.

These days Carla would get smoked in fitness (unless she's a gymnast) and she'd have to slap on 15 pounds to make it in figure.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2014, 09:56:37 AM »
Whatever happened to Palmer?

he owns a gym now in bellville or bloomfield i believe,im not 100% sure tho where it is to be honest,its in essex county tho i know this much. i saw him preacher curling with 2 45 lb plates on each end of the bar,thats 180 plus the bar,225. nice strict reps also,no cheat or swing. he had some huge ass bi,s
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2014, 09:58:28 AM »
VINNY GALANTI'GREAT BUILD'
RICHIE BARETTA
CASEY KUTCHURACK
TONY ALICEA'DIAMOND GUY'

yes they where awesome also, great shape on the bunch u just mentioned
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2014, 10:08:23 AM »
gerard dante

matt duvall(RIP)
R

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2014, 10:12:08 AM »
gerard dante

matt duvall(RIP)
DENTE WAS A BEAST,,HUGE AS A KID..THIS CLOSE TO PRO..MATLOCK WAS A LOCK HAD IT ALL..ROBBIE LOPEZ  ...

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2014, 10:17:45 AM »
stokely palmer known for his huge arms

also known for posting here as BFG

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2014, 10:20:52 AM »
also known for posting here as BFG

cool,didnt know that,thanks ex coelis i appreciate it.stokleys a good guy,i used to train at 430 am at diamond back in 99-2000 and see him there almost every morning getting ready for the nationals,really good build imo
R

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2014, 10:22:59 AM »
craig richardson-this kids a total freak,look at that shape n size :o

R

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2014, 10:42:29 AM »
craig richardson-this kids a total freak,look at that shape n size :o

RICHARDSON incredible build ,teenager was awesome already.knock on him was lats/tris ,otherwise great shape/condition,sick legs as u could see...nice guy to very chill..

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2014, 10:51:18 AM »
RICHARDSON incredible build ,teenager was awesome already.knock on him was lats/tris ,otherwise great shape/condition,sick legs as u could see...nice guy to very chill..
  njflex where u at that suburban in 94 i believe where matt duvall and craig richardson both came out and where battling for 1st place?it was in cranford high school,man i remember when they walked out all u heard was the crowd go totally quiet and then u heard everybody start cheering away loud as hell,what a great time for me back in 90,s,especially early to mid
R

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2014, 10:57:52 AM »
  njflex where u at that suburban in 94 i believe where matt duvall and craig richardson both came out and where battling for 1st place?it was in cranford high school,man i remember when they walked out all u heard was the crowd go totally quiet and then u heard everybody start cheering away loud as hell,what a great time for me back in 90,s,especially early to mid
YES...I WAS AT JERSEY IN 91 U WOULD HAVE THOUGHT B MATLOCK WAS A PRO GUESTPOSING THE WAY HE LOOKED...

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2014, 11:00:33 AM »
John Grimek was a Perth Amboy Jersey guy. Won the AAU Mr. America and Universe. He competed in the 1936 Olympics in Nazi Germany in Olympic lifting. He was a light heavy and should have won the Gold medal. They had a strange rule back then if you competed in a heavier class you could never compete in the lighter class again. Grimek tried in America to compete in the heavy weight class in America but found the light heavy is where he belonged. They made him compete in the Olympics in the unlimited heavy weight class where he was  out weighed by a lot. He was in shape his whole life until he was challenged by a young punk to a squatting challenge in his 70's. He wrecked his hips in the challenge.  Died around 80 in his sleep.
and this guy was from the same town, first man to total 1000 lbs in the 3 olympic lifts also aau mr america.
F

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
YES...I WAS AT JERSEY IN 91 U WOULD HAVE THOUGHT B MATLOCK WAS A PRO GUESTPOSING THE WAY HE LOOKED...

yea matlock was shaped like a statue,perfect and no weak points.he used to train with daryll james in morning when i was training in diamond back in 95.he had a problem with his suger n that messed up his chances at pro card,he would have gotten it imo
R

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2014, 11:06:03 AM »
yea matlock was shaped like a statue,perfect and no weak points.he used to train with daryll james in morning when i was training in diamond back in 95.he had a problem with his suger n that messed up his chances at pro card,he would have gotten it imo
HE WAS TIGHT WITH KEMPER/ARNTZ AS WELL I BELEIVE...THE DAUGHTER RIP WAS PRETTY ..STORIES  ;)

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2014, 11:18:52 AM »
HE WAS TIGHT WITH KEMPER/ARNTZ AS WELL I BELEIVE...THE DAUGHTER RIP WAS PRETTY ..STORIES  ;)

lol ;D,bro i seen/heard more shit in that gym than most people would believe,that gym was like a world of its own
R

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2014, 11:21:46 AM »
lol ;D,bro i seen/heard more shit in that gym than most people would believe,that gym was like a world of its own
THATS WHAI I HEARD ANYTHING/EVERYTHINGN GOES..

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2014, 11:30:39 AM »
THATS WHAI I HEARD ANYTHING/EVERYTHINGN GOES..

they got a broad who cleans the locker rooms and she just walks in the shower and everybodies cocks are hanging out n she just starts kicking it about training,football ect. really cool lady,shes about 50yrs old tho but shes cool,first time she came in i was covering up my meat with a towel and my buddy said its cool bro,shes cool with it ;D. kempers christmas parties where legendery back in the 80,s and 90,s,to this day ive never had so much fun at a christmas party like i had at kempers,kemper was a really good guy(rip)
R

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2014, 11:35:30 AM »
they got a broad who cleans the locker rooms and she just walks in the shower and everybodies cocks are hanging out n she just starts kicking it about training,football ect. really cool lady,shes about 50yrs old tho but shes cool,first time she came in i was covering up my meat with a towel and my buddy said its cool bro,shes cool with it ;D. kempers christmas parties where legendery back in the 80,s and 90,s,to this day ive never had so much fun at a christmas party like i had at kempers,kemper was a really good guy(rip)
cool end of an era there...

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2014, 11:38:01 AM »
he owns a gym now in bellville or bloomfield i believe,im not 100% sure tho where it is to be honest,its in essex county tho i know this much. i saw him preacher curling with 2 45 lb plates on each end of the bar,thats 180 plus the bar,225. nice strict reps also,no cheat or swing. he had some huge ass bi,s
Was at the 2003 Nationals in Miami, that Matt Duval won. Palmer got 5th huge Arms he was off, believe he placed higher in the years before. BSA placed 7th I believe, he is from South Jersey I think Toms River. Spoke to BSA for a long time after prejudging he was very cool.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2014, 11:42:21 AM »
cool end of an era there...

i feel fortunate to have been there when he pretty much first opened,it was a magic time in the jersey bodybuilding scene.kemper was like a mad scientist creating all these monsters,i used to him doctor frankenstien ;Du know how many guys he saved from a life of crime opening up his gym,alot.kemper had a great eye for spotting potential with the morants,matlocks ect, he knew right away who had what it took to go all the way
R

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2014, 11:47:25 AM »
Don't forget Phill Hill

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2014, 11:47:43 AM »
Great physiques..
Johnnie Morant looks to be a tall man with great size.
Craig Richards is he still competing he was a year or 2 ago.

Grimek & Gaspari both from same area.!!

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2014, 11:47:52 AM »
njflex do they still have that dude  the mighty stephan bending nails and ripping phone books evry year at the jersey and suburban? i remember in the 90,s he was always there,bill grant was the MC also
R

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2014, 11:48:07 AM »
and this guy was from the same town, first man to total 1000 lbs in the 3 olympic lifts also aau mr america.

Stanko, one of the bigger, certainly natural guys of the era.