Author Topic: Should you ware gloves or just lift without them?  (Read 12072 times)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
Re: Should you ware gloves or just lift without them?
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2014, 03:55:13 AM »
thats exactly why I use straps for back.   ;)

t-back straps?
A

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: September 23, 2014, 03:58:53 AM »
thats exactly why I use straps for back.   ;)

our hands and forearm muscles cant compare to the strength of our lats and the weight it requires to stimulate some good growth,im with u simon on the straps,they help out bigtime. I just hate to see guys using straps on shit like barbell curls or bench presses,i think that's ridiculous and worthless imo,i saw a guy using straps on benching and I said why? he said better focus ???
R

Simple Simon

« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2014, 04:00:14 AM »
t-back straps?
just straps, I have no idea what t back straps are.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2014, 04:10:09 AM »
our hands and forearm muscles cant compare to the strength of our lats and the weight it requires to stimulate some good growth,im with u simon on the straps,they help out bigtime. I just hate to see guys using straps on shit like barbell curls or bench presses,i think that's ridiculous and worthless imo,i saw a guy using straps on benching and I said why? he said better focus ???

Either my forearms are really strong or my back weak (likely the latter), but I don't find myself ever needing straps anymore, even for heavy shrugs. Maybe it was the endurance farmers walks, IDK.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2014, 04:17:53 AM »
just straps, I have no idea what t back straps are.

That thin strap that rides up your arse connected at the top to form a "T" shape which we've all seen you wearing in those pics you posted.

Your lingerie you queer.
A

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #130 on: September 23, 2014, 04:42:35 AM »

Worst is when you see guys wearing a lifting belt whilst doing tricep pushdowns or side lateral raises. ;D

Simple Simon

« Reply #131 on: September 23, 2014, 04:44:28 AM »
That thin strap that rides up your arse connected at the top to form a "T" shape which we've all seen you wearing in those pics you posted.

Your lingerie you queer.
You have a problem with gay people?

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: September 23, 2014, 04:49:56 AM »
You have a problem with gay people?

Only certain angry spiteful asshats who make unwarranted and out of line comments about a poster's immediate family.
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: September 23, 2014, 09:35:04 AM »
No just old. He was right too, soon as I joined old guys in towels would perv and makes passes on young guys in sauna. Ignore it if you're not into it....

Was it one of the trendy gyms like 24 Hour Fitness? The redneck gym I belong to is as straight as an arrow....or so it seems. The sauna, steam room,  whirlpool and swimming pool are co-ed.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: September 23, 2014, 09:58:24 AM »
Only certain angry spiteful asshats who make unwarranted and out of line comments about a poster's immediate family.

Simple Simon is not a puff

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: September 23, 2014, 10:42:35 AM »
I only use belt on squat days and back days,sometimes shoulders if my herniated disc is acting up. straps only used on heavy shrugs and super heavy upright rows/power pulls,its a mix between a power clean and a upright row ;) if u never done em before give em a try and see how your traps respond,u guys who don't do them might be pleasantly surprised in 6 weeks or so. I got my chalk for mostly everything else
R

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #136 on: September 23, 2014, 10:52:18 AM »
No gloves or straps.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #137 on: September 23, 2014, 11:13:13 AM »
Contradictory post of peace.

I see I have to break this down for you like a child.

Sweaty hands=not maximum grip strength.

Condensation on bar=not maximum grip strength

chalk maximizes friction between hands and bar.

maximum friction=maximum grip strength

Of course only use chalk on the last few, heaviest sets.

If the lightbulb doesn't go off now, it never will so no worries.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #138 on: September 23, 2014, 11:22:39 AM »
Worst is when you see guys wearing a lifting belt whilst doing tricep pushdowns or side lateral raises. ;D

Yeah, 80kg half squats with belt are pretty funny as well. Even more so, guys using bitch pad for squats. That's why I love going to a public gym from time to time, but not too often. I don't get used to that view so it cracks me up every time.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: September 23, 2014, 12:37:40 PM »
What was your parents response when you came out of the closet? So you see allot of hand infections keeping your mates from lifting? Tell the dirty fucks to try soap and hot water. Girl might prefer softer hands. But my rough hands from lifting, working in a trade, and other general MAN stuff gets their panties allot wetter than your foo foo fairy hands. I don't get into the whole alpha/ beta dick measuring bs but gloves are some beta shit. Who wears gloves in the gym? Woman and homo's

So, it is manly thing to be a stupid fuck, and ignore the comfort which only improve your ability to lift heavy weights? Difference between you and me is clear, I go to gym and lift, and you sit at the front of your computer hating everybody, because they all think you are stupid. Dear child, if someone say that it is gay thing to wear gloves in the gym, just beat the shit out of him. That's what I do if some one call me a homo. Of course, if your self-esteem is depending this kind of nonsense, and you can't be sure if you are a man just by looking in your pants, don't mind my humble opinion  ;D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #140 on: September 23, 2014, 12:47:56 PM »
i laugh at 125kg fat boy with professional powerlifting belt

grinding out 180kg for a single half rep squat

and walking around like a boss